Bob Sanders...steroids anyone?

sharper802

This guy had to have been on steroids at some time in his life if not during every off season. His body just was not built to be in the NFL. His muscles tear apart where other guys get bumps, bruises, and sprains. I don't care how much he throws his body around. It has to be more than bad luck.

The issue with a lot of guys isn't performance enhancement, it's lack of proper conditioning/nutrition. They lift heavy weights and eat protein heavy diet to pack on size that their body isn't meant to carry. What they don't do things like yoga/isometrics/BWE and feed their ligaments with proper nutrition.

Too heavy + inflexible = muscle tears/ligament and tendon issues.

Steroids could certainly play a part in it but I doubt it's the whole story.

The issue with a lot of guys isn't performance enhancement, it's lack of proper conditioning/nutrition. They lift heavy weights and eat protein heavy diet to pack on size that their body isn't meant to carry. What they don't do things like yoga/isometrics/BWE and feed their ligaments with proper nutrition.

I don't know how inflexible he is but I absolutely agree that a lot of these guys are carrying muscle mass that their tendons and ligaments can't support.

was about to post something along the lines of what Mike says below. Steroid users get these types of injuries because the roids only help build muscle but do nothing for tendons and ligaments. So you end up popping them because they are trying to keep triple the amount of muscle in line. if they were lifting naturally, the tendons/ligaments would be where they need to be, and not trying to play catch up. very easy injury trend to look for in spotting the juicers.

I don't know how inflexible he is but I absolutely agree that a lot of these guys are carrying muscle mass that their tendons and ligaments can't support.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Every player in the NFL ( well minus kickers and punters) has taken steroids at some point in their lives. I bet if you ran a true random blood and hair folicle test on every athlete in the NFL 90% are Juicing right now. Sorry folks it's just how it is. There is no Santa, Easter bunny or Tooth fairy either.

That said, Bob sanders is always hurt because he is way too small for his type of play. If I were Indy I would look into a trade or just flat cut him. He makes way too much money and is virtually never on the field anymore.

Every player in the NFL ( well minus kickers and punters) has taken steroids at some point in their lives. I bet if you ran a true random blood and hair folicle test on every athlete in the NFL 90% are Juicing right now. Sorry folks it's just how it is. There is no Santa, Easter bunny or Tooth fairy either.

Shhh, only the Patriots* cheat ..................

This guy had to have been on steroids at some time in his life if not during every off season. His body just was not built to be in the NFL. His muscles tear apart where other guys get bumps, bruises, and sprains. I don't care how much he throws his body around. It has to be more than bad luck.

Is this post about Bob Sanders or Paul Posluszny?

That said, Bob sanders is always hurt because he is way too small for his type of play. If I were Indy I would look into a trade or just flat cut him. He makes way too much money and is virtually never on the field anymore.

Wow, you really do know everything.

It is my understanding that PEDs play a big role in that imbalance. It is not that he is injured, but that these injuries include this kind of ruptured tendon that is suspicious. See Spoon, Brendan.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

Bobby is scared of needles so maybe if its in the pill form... last time I talked to him he said the colts were going to release him due to injuries.. loved watching him play growing up hope the best for him

Now Jevon Walker on the other hand lollll...miss that dude

Edited by Ever Since '86

Agreed but they need to get on the Welker healing program, ACL week 17 back in full force week 1 of next season. Yeah hes a fast healer

In 2008 I was playing baseball and dislocated my right knee which also tore my ACL, my MCL, my ICL, both sides of my meniscus, and had deep bone bruises on both of the major bones in my leg. Basically my knee was being held together with skin and the PCL. I can tell you it is not a fun injury, but even with that, I was back to athletic activities in 6 months and was fully recovered at 9. And being a former athlete I am certainly not a quick healer. So for someone like Welker, it is not hard to imagine him getting back in time with the right training and people around him.

Edited by tonyd19

In 2008 I was playing baseball and dislocated my right knee which also tore my ACL, my MCL, my ICL, both sides of my meniscus, and had deep bone bruises on both of the major bones in my leg. Basically my knee was being held together with skin and the PCL. I can tell you it is not a fun injury, but even with that, I was back to athletic activities in 6 months and was fully recovered at 9. And being a former athlete I am certainly not a quick healer. So for someone like Welker, it is not hard to imagine him getting back in time with the right training and people around him.

That had to hurt

Don't know about the steroids part, but Sanders plays his position with everything he's got. He throws his body around without too much regard for it. Acutally, now that I think about it......if he were doing steroids, he should theoretically be injured less. The problem with steroids is that the payback for using them comes after football.

Sanders plays his position with everything he's got. He throws his body around without too much regard for it.

See above for the answer, He was a great player when healthy. Many greats have suffered multiple injuries. Namath, Butkus, Sayers, William Andrews etc etc all missed tons of time.

You should see L. Landry of the Redskins. That guy walks around with a syringe permanently attached to his arse!

Don't know about the steroids part, but Sanders plays his position with everything he's got. He throws his body around without too much regard for it. Acutally, now that I think about it......if he were doing steroids, he should theoretically be injured less. The problem with steroids is that the payback for using them comes after football.

I don't see where your conclusion holds any weight.

Steroids don't prevent injuries. Don't you remember high school health class?

Steroids cause an overly exaggerated stimulation of muscle tissue. However, Joint and connective tissue does not respond the same nor as rapidly as muscle tissue- therefore you get more muscle, tendon, ligament, etc tears.

I would be interested to see how many bicep, pectoral, tricep, and achilles tendon tears occurred back in the 60's, and 70's. Those are injuries of too much anabolic usage.

I can't say because I have not researched it, but I would surmise that these type of freak injuries and their frequency started when performance enhancing anabolic drugs once again became the norm in the NFL.

Agreed but they need to get on the Welker healing program, ACL week 17 back in full force week 1 of next season. Yeah hes a fast healer

Fast healer my glutes!

Its called HGH.

It is my understanding that PEDs play a big role in that imbalance. It is not that he is injured, but that these injuries include this kind of ruptured tendon that is suspicious. See Spoon, Brendan.

You got it, senor.

Connective tissue does not respond the same way nor as rapidly as muscle tissue.

The increased muscle tissue produces more and more force (as strength/ power is related to the cross sectional size of muscle fibers), and eventually what occurs is the forces produced by the muscle(s) prove to be overwhelming for the connective tissue.

Voila! Injury!

Bicep tears? Tricep tears, Pectoral tears and achilles tendon tears all are in that arena.