Buffalo Rumblings breakdown of the game

dave mcbride

Good article..One of the interesting fact was that McIntyre was on the field only for 12 plays (Out of 56 offensive plays). I would have expected Corey to be in for much more, just for his blocking aspect. This OL needs all the addiitonal help and Gailey would have been better served to have Corey in on more plays

Good article..One of the interesting fact was that McIntyre was on the field only for 12 plays (Out of 56 offensive plays). I would have expected Corey to be in for much more, just for his blocking aspect. This OL needs all the addiitonal help and Gailey would have been better served to have Corey in on more plays

The FB gets very few reps in today's pass happy NFL because they are not as strong in the passing game as TEs, RBs, or obviously WRs. I know that you are thinking that he would help in pass protection, which is true, but not much more than a RB or TE and most coaches don't think it's worth the drop off in the receiving threat. The Bills threw it so much against Miami that I'm actually surprised that he got as many as 13 reps.

Edited by vincec

It was very interesting seeing that Buffalo needed to have more blocking because Miami had so many people crowding the line. It would be nice to see Buffalo use a 2 TE set or keep a FB and a TE to assist. Using Trent and having the wishbone was nice, and should also be used. Yes Buffalo used the wishbone. If Trent doesn't throw down field this week, then he should be not only benched but removed from the team. He really let not only his team down, but all of us fans, and Chan has an egg on his face because of him.

Interesting read, but I don't know about this:

Speaking Of The O-Line...

I consider Geoff Hangartner the best performer on Sunday.<snip>

Eric Wood looked good, too. <snip>

Andy Levitre played a solid game <snip>

Demetrius Bell exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations on the left side.<snip>