A letter to Chan

Dear Chan, Don't simplify the Offense. Edwards is a bright young man, and I'm sure he knows it completely. That's not the problem. He is just hesitant to execute it. You were lulled into a false sense of security, along with the media, when Edwards executed the offense so skillfully against Cinci, Indy, and Detroit. Unfortunately what you folks didn't take into consideration, is the fact that all 3 of the afore mentioned teams play a 4-3 "D", with which Trent is very comfortable. But unfortunately it is the 3-4 "D" which baffles Trent. And as almost every one here knows, the majority of the league employ's a 3-4 "D". Not good news for you, Trent, and the rest of the team. Not to mention the long suffering fan base. May I be so bold as to offer a suggestion or two? Play Trent against the 4-3 teams and Fitz or Brohm against the 3-4 teams. Or dump Trent altogether, and see if Brohm or Fitz are a more viable option. The decision is entirely yours. I hope you choose wisely.

Sincerely,

A "Long" suffering fan

Dear Chan, Don't simplify the Offense. Edwards is a bright young man, and I'm sure he knows it completely. That's not the problem. He is just hesitant to execute it. You were lulled into a false sense of security, along with the media, when Edwards executed the offense so skillfully against Cinci, Indy, and Detroit. Unfortunately what you folks didn't take into consideration, is the fact that all 3 of the afore mentioned teams play a 4-3 "D", with which Trent is very comfortable. But unfortunately it is the 3-4 "D" which baffles Trent. And as almost every one here knows, the majority of the league employ's a 3-4 "D". Not good news for you, Trent, and the rest of the team. Not to mention the long suffering fan base. May I be so bold as to offer a suggestion or two? Play Trent against the 4-3 teams and Fitz or Brohm against the 3-4 teams. Or dump Trent altogether, and see if Brohm or Fitz are a more viable option. The decision is entirely yours. I hope you choose wisely.

Sincerely,

A "Long" suffering fan

Epic fail.... really? Alternate QB's depending on the D we face? Come on..... like a team couldn't game plan and show looks from both a 4-3 and a 3-4? yea that will work....

I was actually wondering about trying QB by committee. Years ago RB by committee was unheard of and typically a recipe for NFL failure. Now it is common place. Maybe the Bills can usher in the next step of the wildcat evolution into the NFL resulting in QB by committee.

Maybe Trent is a good first and second down QB and Brohm starts in as you third down QB. Ahead and winning, Trent is highly accurate and can manage the game. Behind and need to sling it bring in Brohm.

I openly admit this might be my dumbest post, ever. It’s the only answer I can think of to the question of how they win with what they’ve got.

Dear Chan,

RUN THE BALL!

Thanks,

Dr. D

Yeah. Run the ball when the D has nine men in the box, 11 within five yards of the line of scrimmage.

You need a QB who can make the D pay for playing run. We don't have one.

Dear Chan:

Please do not let your ego prevent you from benching Trent. I know you'd just love to say that you resurrected Trent's career, but sometimes a player just cannot be helped. You can't coach toughness. You can't make a guy stand in the pocket to the last possible moment -- knowing full well he is going to take a hit -- to find that receiver open deep downfield. Just realize that Trent does not have the toughness to do that and move on with plan B until you get your guy in the 2011 draft. Plan A just ain't cutting it with the fans.

Epic fail.... really? Alternate QB's depending on the D we face? Come on..... like a team couldn't game plan and show looks from both a 4-3 and a 3-4? yea that will work....

Sorry, just trying to offer the Trent appologist's an olive branch. If it were my call Trent would be gone by now. It's time to move on.

Edited by Tarkus II

Sincerely,

A "Long" suffering fan

Sounds like something that nobody has ever said about you. So what happens if a team knows this and employs a different defense against the Bills, and one QB took all the reps in game planning during the week? You might as well draw straws, flip coins or guess a number. It sure is nice of you to let him know that the decision is all his though.

Sorry, just trying to offer the Trent appologist's an olive branch. If it were my call Trent would be gone by now. It's time to move on.

If anything on the Bills was your call, we probably all would be gone-voluntarily!

Sounds like something that nobody has ever said about you. So what happens if a team knows this and employs a different defense against the Bills, and one QB took all the reps in game planning during the week? You might as well draw straws, flip coins or guess a number. It sure is nice of you to let him know that the decision is all his though.

If anything on the Bills was your call, we probably all would be gone-voluntarily!

Gee! Trent I'm sorry you took offense to my comments. Oh! By the way, teams don't have to change D's to beat you but going to a 3-4 just makes it easier.

Sincerely,

A "Long" suffering fan

Dear Chan,

Please accept the fact that you know nothing about evaluating qb's, and that you should check in HERE on a daily basis to seek guidance on how to set up your football team. We here at the fat-camp my not know much more about how to set up a winning NFL program than you do, but we DO have an internet connection and an overblown sense of self-importance. These two factors must NOT be overlooked.

Good Luck this year,

Hubris K. Knownothing

ps. somebody pass the chips

Dear Chan Get a load of this guy that was just moved to San Francisco's PS.

I think this was the play you called 4 times in the last two series against Maimi.

I remember watching him. He is an awesome athlete. I don't know how well he would make it under center full time, but our other options don't offer much hope. This kid looks the part, what little of him I've seen.

Dear Chan,

Your O line sucks ass because you failed to upgrade it in the off season, you have no pocket to protect the QB...understand that fact! No QB you let stay in the pocket is going to be able to get into rhythm at any point in the game...so don't waste time trying to let them.

Go into this weeks game like you are running an option offense, run the wildcat all game long. run miss direction plays, roll outs, end around's,

The opposing 3-4 defense is designed to confuse the QB because they all line up at the LoS and then some drop back and some come, the QB doesn't know which LB is doing what... so turn it around on them and confuse the defense. Run a shotgun play with Fred Jackson as QB, Spiller on the left and Lynch on the right and option / wildcat or throw. Each time you run that play snap it to a different RB and let them option.

Most importantly, run more then you pass... that is IF you can get those crappy O linemen to run block properly

P.S. If Green screws up this week, cut his fat ass and send a message!

Edited by thewildrabbit

Dear Chan,

What a sense of humor! Starting Cornell Green in a professional football game--haha. We all got a good chuckle, especially when he was unable to actually make any physical contact with his defender on several clean sacks. It was all good fun while it lasted, but please no more practical jokes!

Very truly yours....

Dear Chan;

We acknowledge you are a great coach, and were given limited resources to change a team that has been perenial losers. We understand it is going to be a difficult year, and in the past you have helped marginal QB's improve enough to play in this league. However, that said, please understand that Trent is neither marginal, nor good, and never has been. He may be smart, he may have a good arm, but he his incapable of making sound judgements when under serious pass rush. He returns each year to stupify the fan base with his checkdowns and sacks. Yes, you have taught him to chuck the ball out of bounds on a more consistent basis, but his tendency to get sacked is prominant.

Please Chan, bench him or drop him. Move up the backups to first string and rehire Levi. Trent is done, he cannot play in this league, where he fears getting killed each down. In preseason he did well, because nobody was trying to do him serious harm. But the real season has begun, and the defense is actually trying to harm him, and make the Bills lose. I realize the Bills have been losers for a long time, and as fans, we are sick and tired of it. Please, consider removing Trentative and replacing him...there are high school QB's more capable.

Signed, Hank Bullock

Dear Chan,

What a sense of humor! Starting Cornell Green in a professional football game--haha. We all got a good chuckle, especially when he was unable to actually make any physical contact with his defender on several clean sacks. It was all good fun while it lasted, but please no more practical jokes!

Very truly yours....

*Word*

Truth hurts sometimes.