Norwood's Jersey displayed in Giant's Stadium?

Transplant

I caught just a part of the Giant - Panther game and heard a discussion between the announcers regarding the new stadium Giant"s super bowel displays about Norwood's jersey being displayed. I thought that was unusual (a team displaying a foe's jersey) and in poor taste.

Any thoughts on this? Did I hear wrong?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I caught just a part of the Giant - Panther game and heard a discussion between the announcers regarding the new stadium Giant"s super bowel displays about Norwood's jersey being displayed. I thought that was unusual (a team displaying a foe's jersey) and in poor taste.

Any thoughts on this? Did I hear wrong?

Your post assumes that the New York Giants have taste/class.

I would be very surprised if this(displaying Norwood;s jersey) is the case.

Or we can leave the conspiracy theories alone and imagine what if the early '90s Giants & Bills uniforms were very similar and imagine if Giants had a very good player who wore #11 at that time?

Do a quick Google search on " "Scott Norwood" jersey " and on the first page there's a Giants forum that shows the aforementioned jersey in the case. I would post a link to the picture but I'm not sure about copyrights and such. It's definitely Norwood's jersey and not Simms 1) because of the piping and 2) we played in the whites in Super Bowl XXV and there's a Super Bowl patch on it.

You stay classy, NYC.

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk

By doing that, they are more or less acknowledging to everyone they were lucky to win that game.

Thanks, Giants!

Exactly. Way to minimize the accomplishments of your own players, Giants.

Edited by shrader

I thought I heard that, too, but said "naaaah" to myself. Wow. I guess it's true. Classless. And I agree with one of the posts above ... it's a shot to the Giants team that won as much as it's a shot to Norwood.

It's funny the kind of crap the commish lets fly. This should've been stopped. And even if I wasn't a Bills fan, I'd think the same thing.

Tasteless jerks.

My first question would be "How did they get it" and did Norwood or someone within the Bills need the money that bad to sell it? Like someone else said, classlessness aside, it minimizes the accomplishments of their own team. Kinda says that they didn't win the game but the Bills lost it (okay, so maybe we do feel that way, but if we were on that sideline we wouldn't).