Week One Offensive Rankings

Well with the first week of the NFL season in the bag, which team do you suppose finished with the lowest number of total offensive yards?

Hint: It's not the Patriots.

Are you talking about Gailey's magical wizard like offense? Mr. innovative, guru, great offensive scheme, fantastic play caller coach?

Rules and Guidelines

The do's and don'ts of the TBD message boards...

Hard Rules.

Posts that contain the following material will not be tolerated and will be removed promptly (and depending on the nature of the offense - your ISP may be notified of these violations):

Do NOT post:

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)

Edited by bowery4

Well with the first week of the NFL season in the bag, which team do you suppose finished with the lowest number of total offensive yards?

Hint: It's not the Patriots.

Football games are decided by number of yards?

I thought they were decided by number of points.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG

If we hadn't given up the safety, the Dolphins (with all those yards) would be tied for 23rd in the league -- just above the Bills.

Falcons, Vikings, Jets, 9'ers and Cowboys scored less than Bills Week 1.

I assume they should all give up and admit they totally suck based on 1 game?

Please -- a little sense of perspective.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG

If we hadn't given up the safety, the Dolphins (with all those yards) would be tied for 23rd in the league -- just above the Bills.

Falcons, Vikes, Niners....all played road games. Falcons played a perennial playoff team and SB champ 09, Vikes played SB champ 10. I'll give you the Niners.

Jets played arguably the best D in the league with the best middle linebacker ever....playing out of his head no less.

We played the Dolphins at home....their D is nothing special. We were putrid on offense, period. It's time to be realistic instead of pointing and actually believing "see...look at them....were not the worst!"

Edited by filthymcnasty08

http://www.nfl.com/s...&seasonType=REG

How about those supposed SB contending Niners, huh? Wow did they look craptastic.

Well after last night I know the Jets set 4 teams worst records but hey, they are still a shoe in for the superbowl and will still have a power ranking high than the Bills.

I hate the Jests but they were going against the Ravens D. Sanchez isnt great but he tries to go downfield unlike our wimp of a QB.

Lets see how we fair next month against the Ravens. It doesnt help to draw negative attention away from this putrid, aweful product by comparing it to another aweful product. The Jets D held them to 10 points, any predictions on how many points the Ravens put up against our D when their on the field the entire game? Sorry but I cant justify by any measure what happened on Sunday. We looked worse on offense than the Jauron days, and the playcalling was worse. Maybe pop warner is all these players are capable of.

Falcons, Vikes, Niners....all played road games. Falcons played a perennial playoff team and SB champ 09, Vikes played SB champ 10. I'll give you the Niners.

Jets played arguably the best D in the league with the best middle linebacker ever....playing out of his head no less.

We played the Dolphins at home....their D is nothing special. We were putrid on offense, period. It's time to be realistic instead of pointing and actually believing "see...look at them....were not the worst!"

+1

Tired of those who find solice in others suckiness. Any of those teams mentioned would kill us.

According to most all Bills fans the season is a total loss might just as well throw in the towel , we suck , we'll never do anything , the QB sucks , the coach sucks , the defense sucks , the sky is falling & tomorrow is the end of the world !!!!!!!

I hate the Jests but they were going against the Ravens D. Sanchez isnt great but he tries to go downfield unlike our wimp of a QB.

Lets see how we fair next month against the Ravens. It doesnt help to draw negative attention away from this putrid, aweful product by comparing it to another aweful product. The Jets D held them to 10 points, any predictions on how many points the Ravens put up against our D when their on the field the entire game? Sorry but I cant justify by any measure what happened on Sunday. We looked worse on offense than the Jauron days, and the playcalling was worse. Maybe pop warner is all these players are capable of.

+1

Tired of those who find solice in others suckiness. Any of those teams mentioned would kill us.

BS Sanchez does not go down the field... He checks down more frequently than our guy. Alot of it is because they tell him to. Alot of it is because he sucks. All those ex- players announcing last night were all over that constantly.

According to most all Bills fans the season is a total loss might just as well throw in the towel , we suck , we'll never do anything , the QB sucks , the coach sucks , the defense sucks , the sky is falling & tomorrow is the end of the world !!!!!!!

Not fair to get on the fans for being negative....the last 10+ give them every reason. The coach, the FO and the players have everything to prove. If they start to show theyre on the rise, there are NO better fans that will rally around them.

But to get force fed a QB we don't like, a coach nobody wanted, a draft without an OT in the first 4 rounds, and nothing remotely splashy and aggressive in the FA market....and not have the right to be skepical about it, AFTER a putrid sh-tty disasterous offensive show???

That's asking way too much. There are fans here that will accept everything and paint it up as greatness, then there are those that are reality based.

Not fair to get on the fans for being negative....the last 10+ give them every reason. The coach, the FO and the players have everything to prove. If they start to show theyre on the rise, there are NO better fans that will rally around them.

But to get force fed a QB we don't like, a coach nobody wanted, a draft without an OT in the first 4 rounds, and nothing remotely splashy and aggressive in the FA market....and not have the right to be skepical about it, AFTER a putrid sh-tty disasterous offensive show???

That's asking way too much. There are fans here that will accept everything and paint it up as greatness, then there are those that are reality based.

And to be fair, there are some that will accept nothing and paint it up as badness as well.

Are you talking about Gailey's magical wizard like offense? Mr. innovative, guru, great offensive scheme, fantastic play caller coach?

With actual NFL players he is, with this group its trying to get water from a stone.

Gailey has had his offenses as play caller 6 times in the top half of the league. In the last 10 years we've been from 25 to 30 8 times. The guy knows how to build an offense and has proven it. Takes a little time- like more than a game??

Edited by CardinalScotts

Well, Alrighty then, could you please pass the popcorn?

It's OK to use statistics to belabor our team and say we suck the absolute worst, see these statistics?

And not OK to use statistics to say "you know, we don't actually", 'cuz it makes you tired?

Now I'm all confused.