You need to watch this video

A day later I don't give a **** that we lost to Miami. I have a TON of faith in this guy. Listen to what he says without calling specific players out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5

1. He basically admits that Green was terrible and knows they needs to make a change there.

2. Ulrik will be our starting RT and probably soon.

3. He and Gailey clearly know that this team does not have a ton of talent. It's going to take them a season to find their identity and they'll fill the holes from their.

When you're done with that, watch the Gailey PC and you'll get even more insight as to what they're trying to do. I am absolutely convinced that these guys will build a winning organization. It might just take eight years.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A day later I don't give a **** that we lost to Miami. I have a TON of faith in this guy. Listen to what he says without calling specific players out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5

1. He basically admits that Green was terrible and knows they needs to make a change there.

2. Ulrik will be our starting RT and probably soon.

3. He and Gailey clearly know that this team does not have a ton of talent. It's going to take them a season to find their identity and they'll fill the holes from their.

When you're done with that, watch the Gailey PC and you'll get even more insight as to what they're trying to do. I am absolutely convinced that these guys will build a winning organization. It might just take eight years.

This video is MUST WATCH - you are so correct - G*D I LOVE BUDDY NIX!!!!

He didn't say Ulrik was going to be the RT - but he sure left the door wide freaking open, and did so knowingly. He really did call Green out - I am amazed.

can you give a short summary to those who dont have sound? :D

Basically:

-team is still finding identity. doesn't know what they're good at yet.

-Urbik was VERY highly thought of and was on the board with Wood & Levitre. He's in the mix at rt but hasn't been around long enough to be ready.

-wood, levitre and urbik were the 3 highest interior linemen on the bills' board in that draft.

-Someone said the RT play was bad, and he said "I saw the same game as you."

-He said Bell played well but physically can't play a whole game yet.

-The defense played better than expected.

-He's not a fan of mcnabb. Mcnabb ran around a lot and looked nice but the production wasn't there.

-He's basically admitted that he knows the roster isn't where it needs to be but he'll get it there.

It's a good watch, no question ... and if you call up central casting looking for a guy to play GM, Buddy certainly fits the part. About as "straight talk" as you're going to get from an NFL front office. I think most folks are going to agree with the vast majority of what he said.

That said, let's hope he's got a laser eye for QBs.

His name is Kraig Urbik and he's a 2009 3rd round pick by Pittsburgh that didn't see the field in his rookie season for a team with severe OL issues. It's like Jamon Meredith all over again, thinking we can shop at the dollar store and come away with diamond rings. It's absurd to think these guys who are castoffs from other teams will help this team, especially from teams that are successful franchises in Pittsburgh and Green Bay. As if the Buffalo front office sees something that Kevin Colbert or Ted Thompson and their staffs didn't.

The offensive line, specifically the tackles will plague this team all season. It's bad enough having a QB who's afraid of his own shadow, but the OT's are a sieve.

Edited by BillsVet

Basically:

-team is still finding identity. doesn't know what they're good at yet.

-Urbik was VERY highly thought of and was on the board with Wood & Levitre. He's in the mix at rt but hasn't been around long enough to be ready.

-wood, levitre and urbik were the 3 highest interior linemen on the bills' board in that draft.

-Someone said the RT play was bad, and he said "I saw the same game as you."

-He said Bell played well but physically can't play a whole game yet.

-The defense played better than expected.

-He's not a fan of mcnabb. Mcnabb ran around a lot and looked nice but the production wasn't there.

-He's basically admitted that he knows the roster isn't where it needs to be but he'll get it there.

i really hope that theyll get ubrik up to speed soon. cant be worse than green. and if he resembles something like levitre and wood well have a foundation there. b/c i really think bell played well at times. hopefully it is his conditioning ^^

for the defense, well find out next sunday. i fear........

His name is Kraig Urbik and he's a 2009 3rd round pick by Pittsburgh that didn't see the field in his rookie season for a team with severe OL issues. It's like Jamon Meredith all over again, thinking we can shop at the dollar store and come away with diamond rings. It's absurd to think these guys who are castoffs from other teams will help this team, especially from teams that are successful franchises in Pittsburgh and Green Bay. As if the Buffalo front office sees something that Kevin Colbert or Ted Thompson and their staffs didn't.

The offensive line, specifically the tackles will plague this team all season. It's bad enough having a QB who's afraid of his own shadow, but the OT's are a sieve.

He doesn't have to be good enough to make those teams, just a lot better than Green.

I have to admit, after watching the video, that last question at the end speaks volumes. Someone in general says bills fans have suffered, are hungry for a win, and are tired of medioracy, and all he asks is that Nix remembers that.

So many fans (even myself at times) feel that the front office doesn't care about winning. It kind of breaks your heart seeing someone imply that to our GM, because that is something that pretty much the message that every fan would want to say to the front office, if they could. Even when he said that to nix, he sounded desperate like any other bills fan would.

I have a tough time watching and listening to this dude. He's so old and southern.

what is wrong with old and southern?

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

It will take time.

People are being ridiculous. I can't stand Trent, but ANY QB in the history of the NFL would have difficulty getting anywhere from the 1 yard line with 2:00 left, and no option except to pass . That punt (a play that the Bills really had no control over, Roscoe played it right) was huge, and was the biggest play of the game.

I have to admit, after watching the video, that last question at the end speaks volumes. Someone in general says bills fans have suffered, are hungry for a win, and are tired of medioracy, and all he asks is that Nix remembers that.

So many fans (even myself at times) feel that the front office doesn't care about winning. It kind of breaks your heart seeing someone imply that to our GM, because that is something that pretty much the message that every fan would want to say to the front office, if they could. Even when he said that to nix, he sounded desperate like any other bills fan would.

what is wrong with old and southern?

And i liked his reply to that Dan. He said that he knows how we feel and he is doing his best to turn it around, but it does take time.

Great video. A must watch for Bills FANS, maybe not for negative types who wont listen to the message.