You need to watch this video

A day later I don't give a **** that we lost to Miami. I have a TON of faith in this guy. Listen to what he says without calling specific players out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Speaks-at-the-Monday-QB-Club/5f953c02-1d5d-4fdc-8e03-37365682b3c5

1. He basically admits that Green was terrible and knows they needs to make a change there.

2. Ulrik will be our starting RT and probably soon.

3. He and Gailey clearly know that this team does not have a ton of talent. It's going to take them a season to find their identity and they'll fill the holes from their.

When you're done with that, watch the Gailey PC and you'll get even more insight as to what they're trying to do. I am absolutely convinced that these guys will build a winning organization. It might just take eight years.

They don't have 8 years. They don't have 5. They have 3. Tops.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched both videos and I can honestly say that I believe in these guys. Like they keep trying to say, it's going to take time. We can't hold them responsible for the last ten years. After all, 2/3 of the players are leftovers from past regimes. I believe that once they have the players they want and the system in place, that this duo is going to at least get us back to respectability, and eventually the playoffs.

Edited by Jay4481

They don't have 8 years. They don't have 5. They have 3. Tops.

That is what I am thinking. If we haven't made the playoffs by the start of year four, people are going to lose it. It took us ten years to get this far... another 8 isn't going to fly. Next season they should at least be a contender and the year after that they should at least make the playoffs.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I have a tough time watching and listening to this dude. He's so old and southern.

He doesn't act old. Now Ralph Wilson is old and acts it. And what does his southern heritage have to do with the price of eggs? It's what's inside of him that counts. I like what he says...both he & Gailey.

That is what I am thinking. If we haven't made the playoffs by the start of year four, people are going to lose it. It took us ten years to get this far... another 8 isn't going to fly. Next season they should at least be a contender and the year after that they should at least make the playoffs.

That strikes me as wishful thinking, Dan. As bare as the cupboard was I don't think there's any way this team can be a contender in two offseasons. They may build a nice foundation by then, but remember that a lot of what they're putting on the field next year is going to be rookie and 2nd year players. Asking them to contend that soon is a bit much, imo.

I think it's telling that Nix referred to the process as "climbing a mountain". I know it was an offhand remark near the end, but I think it really points up the position they were in and how far they have to go. If they're well-equipped and sitting in base camp by next year I think they've done a very respectable job considering where they started. Expecting them to summit before they're acclimated is only going to lead to disappointment and possibly disaster.

A day later I don't give a **** that we lost to Miami.  I have a TON of faith in this guy.   Listen to what he says without calling specific players out.

http://www.buffalobi...03-37365682b3c5

1.  He basically admits that Green was terrible and knows they needs to make a change there.

2.  Ulrik will be our starting RT and probably soon.

3.  He and Gailey clearly know that this team does not have a ton of talent.  It's going to take them a season to find their identity and they'll fill the holes from their.

When you're done with that, watch the Gailey PC and you'll get even more insight as to what they're trying to do.  I am absolutely convinced that these guys will build a winning organization.  It might just take eight years.

well if Buddy does as good a job as filling that RT need with guys like Green, then it may take a lot longer than 8 years.

Gotta love Bills fans  - 

Buddy has a press conf where he admits that the OL plan he orchestrated in the off- season is a total failure after game 1, and the fans want to coronate him.

Buddy has a press conf where he admits that the OL plan he orchestrated in the off- season is a total failure after game 1, and the fans want to coronate him.

He admitted nothing like that. In fact, he praised himself with Wood and Levitre and says he has good expectations for Bell. And he says you can't fix the entire team in one offseason. Him implying that Green isn't working doesn't mean his Oline is a complete failure. It means Green sucks, he knows it, and he is going to fix it.

His rationale for not improving the O-Line in the off season is beyond weak. Blue chippers all over the boards Rd. 1 and 2. Uncapped year so the Free Agency market was very available as well.

If they are going to be this slow and pragmatic that the two options I mentioned didn't work for them, are we really going in the right direction??? I mean, OT wasn't just a casual NEED....it was 100% a MUST Everyone agreed.

and we got Cornell Green and a 5th Rounder.

So let me be the first to call Bulls-t on Buddy for the O-Line argument.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2010OT.php

Cornell was the 31st ranked of the FA's.

His rationale for not improving the O-Line in the off season is beyond weak. Blue chippers all over the boards Rd. 1 and 2. Uncapped year so the Free Agency market was very available as well.

If they are going to be this slow and pragmatic that the two options I mentioned didn't work for them, are we really going in the right direction??? I mean, OT wasn't just a casual NEED....it was 100% a MUST Everyone agreed.

and we got Cornell Green and a 5th Rounder.

So let me be the first to call Bulls-t on Buddy for the O-Line argument.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2010OT.php

Cornell was the 31st ranked of the FA's.

Most of those FA re-signed before FA even started....

He admitted nothing like that. In fact, he praised himself with Wood and Levitre and says he has good expectations for Bell. And he says you can't fix the entire team in one offseason. Him implying that Green isn't working doesn't mean his Oline is a complete failure. It means Green sucks, he knows it, and he is going to fix it.

Well - he admitted Green sucks and needs to be replaced and that was Buddy;s plan - so looks like a failure to me

The OL would be light years ahead of where it is now if he had kept Incognito and Scott until some young players proved they were better.

The Buddy plan is go into the season with crap at both OTs was irresponsible -  unless of course the real objective is lock up a top 3 pick and a stud QB in next year's draft.  

Well - he admitted Green sucks and needs to be replaced and that was Buddy;s plan - so looks like a failure to me  

What do you mean when you say "plan?" are you saying signing green is a plan? That is not a plan. That is what we call.... a signing. Green was meant as a stop gap player to begin with because of his age. That is not a plan. That is a temperary player and that is it. If that is a plan to you, then you don't know what a plan is.

Yeah, Nix made a mistake thinking Green would work as a stop gap player. OH- !@#$IN- No! Nix also brought in Edwards and Davis who are doing great with our defense as FA. So yeah, nix isn't 100% good. But he isn't 100% bad as you suggest. Especially with a pickup like green that was never meant to be a long term solution to begin with.

Understood....but you saw last season and I did as well. An organization committed to winning, makes sure they get their guys.

Our FO should have had top FA's targeted so that the second they became available, we made sure NOBODY else had a shot.

And there were blue chippers all over the damn board....we go Tackle in 5.

insane....now we cant run the ball and we cant protect QB.....surprisingly we cant move the ball.

Unless they pick up a vet FA QB this team will not be a contender for anything next year. A rookie QB - no matter how highly he's drafted - won't be playing at a high enough level for this team to contend for the playoffs.

I'm also not sure how they can fix the OL quickly enough to contend next year but they don't have to fix that all at once, a piece here and there will help tremendously.

I look at the Bills as a house that's been in disrepair for about 10 years. Rather than call in some experts and get things fixed properly the owners tried to skimp and do quick patches. Rather than fix the roof they just threw a tarp over the holes. Rather than fix the leaking walls in the basement they just installed another sump.

Now there's a new owner that wants to fix the house properly. He wants to fix it himself, he wants to do it the right way but knows he can't do it all at once. It may not be the most expedient way to get the house in order it will be a house you're proud to live in when it's down.