Three MAJOR concerns about new policies at The Ralph

Flutie Flakes

This is the new NFL - take anything that might make the fan experience fun and ban it. Soon they will ask fans to be golf silent, sit in their seats and to express thoughts (quietly) only during TV breaks.

This would make a great commercial! Picture two fans of opposing teams sitting next to each other silently during the play, then when the commercial time out happens, they start beating the crap out of each other, and then the game starts again. Camera pans to them and they have black eyes, bloody noses, etc but are sitting quietly again. Hillarious

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I heard Lori say that they shut down some of Pinto Kenny's festivities as well.

The NFL wonders why no one wants to go to the games anymore?

What did they shut down? I come to one game a year from out of town and always enjoy his tailgate. I was lookig forward to it in a few weeks as the product on the field does not seem to match the entainment value of his tailgate.

And likening it to being literally vomited upon is a feeble grasp at straws. Wanting to be intensely involved in the action and passion of a live NFL game doesn't make you inconsiderate, a drunk, classless, rude, or any of the other polite name-calls that the "sitters" have lobbed at the "standers".

My post was not aimed at standers. I was responding to a few posters who have complained about the drunks, and a few who seemed to indicate that if you don't like any of the activity which happens on game day, you should not buy a ticket.

I think standing, especially on defense is part of the game. I wish the binge drinking was less a part of it.

I think I heard Lori say that they shut down some of Pinto Kenny's festivities as well.

The NFL wonders why no one wants to go to the games anymore?

They certainly did. I was there talking with Ken about the upcoming Bills/Vikes game in December when the Sheriff(s) came up to us and told Ken to "shut it down in 15 minutes" :thumbdown: All Ken could say was "ok".

Don't know his future plans but this party has been a standard for years - one we always visit on gamedays when in town. And I've never seen anyone get out of hand there.

As someone stated: Too bad that No Fun League now stretches beyond the field.

Here's a copy of the posts I made on the BB.com boards about what happened to Kenny and how it will affect everyone

Apparently the NFL doesn't like when tailgate parties turn into big things now...afraid that the tailgate parties are bigger events than the games. Last year, this guy from the NFL went after Oakland and shut down some of their biggest tailgate parties. This year, he's coming after us. Yesterday, after watching the ketchup ceremony and the great scene that is the Red Pinto Tailgate party, this guy threatened people with arrest if the bowling balls shots weren't shut off...and gave the impression that he'd keep harassing the Pinto crew all season til the tailgate party was basically shut down...never mind the fact that the great tailgating is a major part of what keeps people coming to Bills games in light of the product on the field.

This guy was threatening arrest on the basis of no liquor license...ignoring the fact that a liquor license is only needed when alcohol is sold...don't need one if you're giving it away.

This all happened despite the best efforts of parking lot security and the sheriffs trying to dissuade the guy.

So basically, watch your tailgate parties this season...if they're getting pretty big...get them under control or this guy is going to cause you some problems.

The Pinto tailgate is moving out of Lot 1 next game and isn't going to be the grand party it's become over the years...thanks to this idiot

What we heard was that they want the game to be the only event...and when the tailgate parties become real big, they become events in themselves.

Pretty stupid guy from the sounds of things though...the gameday experience is what keeps people going even when the team is doing poorly

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/policies-information/banner-policy.html

http://www.patriots.com/stadium/index.cfm?ac=prohibiteditems

http://www.seahawks.com/qwest-field/stadium-guide/gameday-policies.html

Those are the banner policies I found when I googled "NFL banner policy".

There doesn't appear to be a blanket "no banners" NFL policy. Looking at the Bills Stadium Guide, apparently they revised it this year to add "Banners and Signs may not be affixed, hung, or held over the field level ring wall". Where else is there to put them? :unsure:

My post was not aimed at standers. I was responding to a few posters who have complained about the drunks, and a few who seemed to indicate that if you don't like any of the activity which happens on game day, you should not buy a ticket.

I think standing, especially on defense is part of the game. I wish the binge drinking was less a part of it.

At the risk of being totally hypocritical - I do agree that the Bills (league) have an obligation to cut down or stop inappropriate behavior that may result from intoxicated fans. I am not trying to get on a holier than though soapbox as I have certainly had more than my fair share of adult beverages at Bills games.

I think the Bills (league) steps way overboard if they stop fans who are sober or handling their alcohol well, from participating in yelling, standing , cheering or carrying on as fans should. I think the league is attempting to make the fan experience way too sterile. They will lose fans if they continue to do this.

I complained several times about fans standing during plays.

These people would call a friend already in the stadium and say "I am in section 104, see me I am standing up" then they continue to talk and everyone behind them misses the game.

I am telling you, these people are from MARS and their space ship picked them up after the game!

another reason to stay away from the stadium and pissing away 70+ dollars. No need to be around humanoids with "attention whore" syndrome.

Here's a copy of the posts I made on the BB.com boards about what happened to Kenny and how it will affect everyone

Apparently the NFL doesn't like when tailgate parties turn into big things now...afraid that the tailgate parties are bigger events than the games. Last year, this guy from the NFL went after Oakland and shut down some of their biggest tailgate parties. This year, he's coming after us. Yesterday, after watching the ketchup ceremony and the great scene that is the Red Pinto Tailgate party, this guy threatened people with arrest if the bowling balls shots weren't shut off...and gave the impression that he'd keep harassing the Pinto crew all season til the tailgate party was basically shut down...never mind the fact that the great tailgating is a major part of what keeps people coming to Bills games in light of the product on the field.

This guy was threatening arrest on the basis of no liquor license...ignoring the fact that a liquor license is only needed when alcohol is sold...don't need one if you're giving it away.

This all happened despite the best efforts of parking lot security and the sheriffs trying to dissuade the guy.

So basically, watch your tailgate parties this season...if they're getting pretty big...get them under control or this guy is going to cause you some problems.

The Pinto tailgate is moving out of Lot 1 next game and isn't going to be the grand party it's become over the years...thanks to this idiot

What we heard was that they want the game to be the only event...and when the tailgate parties become real big, they become events in themselves.

Pretty stupid guy from the sounds of things though...the gameday experience is what keeps people going even when the team is doing poorly

Remarkable. The NFL management sure seems to have a high regard for their "event" and little regard for their fans.

What guy are you talking about? Is this some NFL official/illuminati... one of Goodell's brownshirts???

Please send me a note where the tailgate is being moved to for the Jags game. I look forward to that bowling ball. My reccomendation is to move it to a private lot that can remove the guy for trespassing. The one next to the where pinto kenny ron is (in front of the field house) is a great lot. Not sure if it has a name.

Remarkable. The NFL management sure seems to have a high regard for their "event" and little regard for their fans.

I am sure the NFL paid him for all the clips of his tailgate they use in thier NFL Films videos on how wonderful the NFL experience is...NOT. The NFL is getting a little to big for itself and just might do itself in if this keeps up. Keep improving the TV product and hurting the fans and pretty soon no one shows up.

The NFL is definitely becoming the No Fun League. When I heard what they did with Kenny and were threatening to do with the Coffin Corner tailgate, it pissed me off. These are your die hard fans that are spending money on jerseys, hats, tshirts, beer mugs, tickets, and all that stuff. Why the hell would you harass them and chase them away? :thumbdown:

Please send me a note where the tailgate is being moved to for the Jags game. I look forward to that bowling ball. My reccomendation is to move it to a private lot that can remove the guy for trespassing. The one next to the where pinto kenny ron is (in front of the field house) is a great lot. Not sure if it has a name.

It's called Barco's Mud Lot.