Chris Kelsay

With all the bitching about Trent Edwards, Chris Kelsay seems to have been lost in the shuffle. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. It is obvious Kelsay is not fit to be a linebacker, he would be a 2nd or 3rd string DE in his primary position on most teams. He is slow, horrible in coverage, not very good at rushing the passer and his run support was embarrassing.

Now my first question should Kelsay be even on this team? My second question do you think we would be better off at linebacker by putting one of the safteys like Bryan Scott in his place on the field. IMO it would be a drastic improvement. Chris Kelsay matched up against running back..lol.

With all the bitching about Trent Edwards, Chris Kelsay seems to have been lost in the shuffle. One of the worst performances I have ever seen. It is obvious Kelsay is not fit to be a linebacker, he would be a 2nd or 3rd string DE in his primary position on most teams. He is slow, horrible in coverage, not very good at rushing the passer and his run support was embarrassing.

Now my first question should Kelsay be even on this team? My second question do you think we would be better off at linebacker by putting one of the safteys like Bryan Scott in his place on the field. IMO it would be a drastic improvement. Chris Kelsay matched up against running back..lol.

yes he looked lost...funny how we stink out loud on offense and play well on defense and people are bitching about Poz, Stroud, Kelsay and others. Kels was brutal but we didn't lose this game on Defense

He looked really slow out on the field, he never pressed his gap and looked absolutely lost dropping in coverage. Bryan scott would be the only safety that might be able to do this but again he is too small and would get eaten up by OL. That being said i would rather see him than kelsay.

Kelsay should have been released 2-3 years ago.

I'll repost my piece on this from yesterday:

The Dolphins knew Chris Kelsay was a liability for the Bills, because they were attacking him all day. I started watching him every play from the middle of the first quarter and it was just amazing how often he would be in good position and then cut in to take a bad angle, removing himself from the play. He is just not a good athlete by NFL OLB standards. I couldn't tell if he was worse dropping back in coverage or in the "pass rush" - quotes used to emphasize distance from the actual act of "pass rushing." He was neutralized and abused all day. Maybin and Ellis might make more mistakes as the starters but they would certainly make more plays than this bozo (note: I'm sure he has a family and is a great person, I just don't want him as a captain or starting OLB for my football team).

He was a disaster.

Just think what it's going to be like next Sunday after the Packers coaching staff looks at the game film from yesterday. It could get real ugly.

In the final preseason game, the Bills showed a 4-3 look, with Stroud and Williams at DT, Edwards and Kelsay at DE. IMO that's the only "look" that Kelsay should be on the field in. He has no business playing OLB. He was just getting abused.