Bills offense that bad or is Mike Nolan that good?

Jerry Jabber

As of right now, Miami has the top rated defense with only allowing 166 yards. If you look at what Mike Nolan (Miami's DC) did as the Broncos defensive coordinator last year, the Broncos D was the strong point on the team. Last year, their defense finished at #7 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

I was reading on bb.com, that Gailey & co were having a hard time game planning for Miami's defense, because of bringing in Nolan. In the preseason, the Miami D was vanilla, so they had to look at what the Broncos did last year. It's obvious that Nolan outcoached Gailey as Gailey couldn't find answers to the Miami D. Can Gailey get the offense to rebound? In the Bills first preseason game, the offense looked horrible (like yesterday), but the offense rebounded and played well in the next two games. I'm hoping Gailey can do that with the offense again.

Only time will tell throughout season if Nolan and the Miami defense are really that dominant, and if the Bills offense is that horrible.

As of right now, Miami has the top rated defense with only allowing 166 yards. If you look at what Mike Nolan (Miami's DC) did as the Broncos defensive coordinator last year, the Broncos D was the strong point on the team. Last year, their defense finished at #7 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

I was reading on bb.com, that Gailey & co were having a hard time game planning for Miami's defense, because of bringing in Nolan. In the preseason, the Miami D was vanilla, so they had to look at what the Broncos did last year. It's obvious that Nolan outcoached Gailey as Gailey couldn't find answers to the Miami D. Can Gailey get the offense to rebound? In the Bills first preseason game, the offense looked horrible (like yesterday), but the offense rebounded and played well in the next two games. I'm hoping Gailey can do that with the offense again.

Only time will tell throughout season if Nolan and the Miami defense are really that dominant, and if the Bills offense is that horrible.

The Broncos did have a hot start last year, mainly due to their defense. Let's hope Cooter can get the offense turned around quick, otherwise we're in for another long, painful season on offense.

The Broncos did have a hot start last year, mainly due to their defense. Let's hope Cooter can get the offense turned around quick, otherwise we're in for another long, painful season on offense.

LOL at Cooter. Nix can be Boss Hogg.

I'm hoping for a better turnaround on offense, like the Bills did this preseason. If not, then you're right.

The D was good but our O was so bad. It was a trainwreck. They gave Trent no respect and absolutely dared him to go deep, and he didn't. So he felt the pressure all day and the run game got stuffed. Miami's defenders displayed some pretty solid tackling though.

I agree.

I was impressed with Miami's D. Especially their technique in tackling. They were outstanding. The BIlls on the other hand, you could see Ronnie Brown and Williams bouncing off guys and getting extra yards. They had Spiller around the corner several times too. Just great D. But our offense is putrid so we'll see.

I was impressed with Miami's D. Especially their technique in tackling. They were outstanding. The BIlls on the other hand, you could see Ronnie Brown and Williams bouncing off guys and getting extra yards. They had Spiller around the corner several times too. Just great D. But our offense is putrid so we'll see.

I agree about Miami's D. But, one thing we all should be impressed with, is that the Bills D did not allow a RB to run for 100+ yards. Last years run D was horrific, so it's nice to see an improvement.

will find out next week, but I suspect the miami d is better then advertised , that said are offenese is far from ready

Fair statement amongst all the doom gloom being dispersed around here. The Dolphins just outplayed us in all aspects of the game. They ran the ball well on 1st down, simplified the game plan for Henne to make the short completions and played excellent defense and special teams. They stuffed the crap out of the Bills running game and putting the Bills in 3rd and long every time. When you have a bad OL as the Bills, the chance to complete that 3rd down is almost nil.

The D was good but our O was so bad. It was a trainwreck. They gave Trent no respect and absolutely dared him to go deep, and he didn't. So he felt the pressure all day and the run game got stuffed. Miami's defenders displayed some pretty solid tackling though.

If their D was GOOD, then our Offense is going to be BAD. If you cannot run the ball on 1st down and get chunk of yards, then you are going to suck in offense.

I agree about Miami's D. But, one thing we all should be impressed with, is that the Bills D did not allow a RB to run for 100+ yards. Last years run D was horrific, so it's nice to see an improvement.

That is really misleading. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams together went over 100 yards. And Polite got the 1st down every time they needed it. The Bills Run defense could not stop them..Look at the time of possession difference.

That is really misleading. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams together went over 100 yards. And Polite got the 1st down every time they needed it. The Bills Run defense could not stop them..Look at the time of possession difference.

Yet they only scored 13 points. And that TOP is largely due to the ineptitude of the offense.

I think Miami D will be top 5 by end of year. We need to learn how to tackle.

Yet they only scored 13 points. And that TOP is largely due to the ineptitude of the offense.

a

Props goes to our defense for keeping the Dolphins sluggish passing offense from the end zone. The TOP is dictated by how badly your offense does and how badly your defense does. Yesterday it was both. We couldn't stop them from getting critical first downs and chew up the clock and could never have sustained drives on offense to control the clock. Let us stop abusing just one side of the team.

The Dolphins are an excellent running team. They were last year and dominated time-of-possession and still lost most of their games. They dominated TOP in this game and won by less than a TD. If our offense could have scored another TD we also could have won this game. Our O looked poor, especially our QB and oline. Their D looked much better than I expected.

I don't blame the D much. They kept the Dolphins offense to 13 points and gave us a chance to win. Yes they dominated TOP. That's their strength, but they couldn't score much even with that TOP advantage.