Sign Colt Brennan!

alluro

If there is anything I can say with certainty it is this: Our QB of the future is not on the roster.

Is Colt Brennan that guy? Probably not. But anytime I've watched this guy play i've been struck by his competitive spirit, his hair trigger release, and his uncanny accuracy. He also just happens to be on the FA list at the moment and would offer us something neither Fitzpatrick, Edwards or Brohm do. That my friends is hope.

After setting all kinds of records in college football, Brennan has yet to be given a shot to show what he can do in a real game. From a physical measurables perspective, he can do everything Drew Brees can do. Anyone else remember his first preseason game a few years ago?

There is a better than 85% chance Colt Brennan will flame out with this team just as the trash we currently roster has. But since he is sitting on the waiver wire, and we have no one of consequence on the team as it is, why not sign him? Are you listening Nix/Ralph? We are the perfect team to give him an opportunity.

A) Colt Brennean was a college system quarter back. Hawaii never ran teh ball. Colt Brennan threw teh ball almost 70 times per game. His completion percentage was not that great. When you are throwing teh ball that manny times a game, your stats are going to be inflated.

B) It would take him at least 6 weeks to learn the offense, IMO. That goes for any QB. By that time we are in week 8. What is teh point

I know are Qbs are terrible, but bringing in another QB mid season does not work. See Brohm, Brian

A) Colt Brennean was a college system quarter back. Hawaii never ran teh ball. Colt Brennan threw teh ball almost 70 times per game. His completion percentage was not that great. When you are throwing teh ball that manny times a game, your stats are going to be inflated.

B) It would take him at least 6 weeks to learn the offense, IMO. That goes for any QB. By that time we are in week 8. What is teh point

I know are Qbs are terrible, but bringing in another QB mid season does not work. See Brohm, Brian

How is a 70% completion percentage "not that great"?

And here is what former coach June Jones has to say about your "system QB" theory:

And while it may take that long to learn the entire playbook, you can easily scale it back for the first few weeks. Colt Brennan is a natural passer, he would look better than Trent without any playbook.

Jesus. Colt Brennan? Let Trent have a full year where he only has to worry about playing and learning a new offensive scheme, and not worrying about losing his job. Yesterday was not entirely his fault. He was running for his life the whole game. They couldn't run the ball. And the OL looked terrible! It is week 1 of what is going to be a very long year. So just look at the positives (defense and special teams) and hope that the offense gets it turned around.

Jesus. Colt Brennan? Let Trent have a full year where he only has to worry about playing and learning a new offensive scheme, and not worrying about losing his job. Yesterday was not entirely his fault. He was running for his life the whole game. They couldn't run the ball. And the OL looked terrible! It is week 1 of what is going to be a very long year. So just look at the positives (defense and special teams) and hope that the offense gets it turned around.

NO THANK YOU. Trent needs to go sooner rather than later. I don't know anything about Brennan but if the Bills don't think Fitz or Brohm are better than Trent, then they need to go get one. If it takes him 4-6 weeks to learn the playbook, so be it. Trent has proven that he cannot handle the job. Sign Brennan and tutor him for a few weeks. Let Brohm start 3-4 games. If he sucks, put in Brennan. The Bills are not winning more than 3 games this year with the roster as is. What the !@#$ is the difference? Lets try to find a QB that can play.

If there is anything I can say with certainty it is this: Our QB of the future is not on the roster.

Is Colt Brennan that guy? Probably not. But anytime I've watched this guy play i've been struck by his competitive spirit, his hair trigger release, and his uncanny accuracy. He also just happens to be on the FA list at the moment and would offer us something neither Fitzpatrick, Edwards or Brohm do. That my friends is hope.

After setting all kinds of records in college football, Brennan has yet to be given a shot to show what he can do in a real game. From a physical measurables perspective, he can do everything Drew Brees can do. Anyone else remember his first preseason game a few years ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=IeJN4_iKkZQ

There is a better than 85% chance Colt Brennan will flame out with this team just as the trash we currently roster has. But since he is sitting on the waiver wire, and we have no one of consequence on the team as it is, why not sign him? Are you listening Nix/Ralph? We are the perfect team to give him an opportunity.

Just what we need, sign another QB who was great in a college system but can't even hang on as a practice squad player anywhere else (Brohm). This team needs alot, but why bring in more of the same or worse, when we already have something as good or better than Brennan will ever be. This team missed the boat by passing on Clausen or a franchise LT, instead choosing to take another running back. Spiller is an athletic marvel and would be great on even an average team, but as we seen yesterday, with this line, O.J wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

NO THANK YOU. Trent needs to go sooner rather than later. I don't know anything about Brennan but if the Bills don't think Fitz or Brohm are better than Trent, then they need to go get one. If it takes him 4-6 weeks to learn the playbook, so be it. Trent has proven that he cannot handle the job. Sign Brennan and tutor him for a few weeks. Let Brohm start 3-4 games. If he sucks, put in Brennan. The Bills are not winning more than 3 games this year with the roster as is. What the !@#$ is the difference? Lets try to find a QB that can play.

The time to do that is during the off season and the draft, not after the first game of the season. Sadly, the new FO and coaching staff that so many around here are having multiple orgasms over, didn't see that as a priority. Will things ever change around here? Watching the game yesterday, it seems like the video is skipping and we just keep seeing the same game we have seen for the past decade or so.

Not that I in any way endorse Colt Brennan; but Trent has been the unquestioned starter since the first year he was in the league. When has he ever.... ahhh screw it... it really doesn't matter Chan's sticking with Trent and we're stuck with looking inept...

this sucks

If I had season tickets this year I'd be furious about the idea of letting Trent have a year of worry free football. NO thanks. I won't watch this team all year if Trent doesn't dramatically turn it around - because I can see his ineptitude, his fear is tangible, totally obvious to his teammates, I'd guess. You can see it all over Trent's body language - the guy is no leader and he's no good. A show like yesterday's - I won't watch that all season long. Frankly, I don't think the F.O. will stick with that kind of play for more than a few more games - and if I were Gailey I'd have a hard time giving him one more full game.

But, we do already have a quarterback on the team who has a fast release, who has great ball velocity, who makes quick decisions - Brohm. He's got NFL talent, and we don't know as of right now if when he gets his chance he'll be great, leading us to victory, or if he'll be like the others on our roster. He's an unknown, but he's still got the X factor here, and that is he hasn't been given a shot. I say put him out there.

Sure lets give Trent ANOTHER year. How many excuses can one man give another man? Trent sucks, we all know it but some won't accept it. You're like a jilted lover who wont let go after being dumped and told your not wanted anymore. Give it up, he stinks and will never amount to anything Finally the pieces are in place for 1-15 season and a chance to pick Jake Lockler and have a real QB.

Sure lets give Trent ANOTHER year. How many excuses can one man give another man? Trent sucks, we all know it but some won't accept it. You're like a jilted lover who wont let go after being dumped and told your not wanted anymore. Give it up, he stinks and will never amount to anything Finally the pieces are in place for 1-15 season and a chance to pick Jake Lockler and have a real QB.

Again, folks need to relax. This is Trents last chance saloon. I think he might get one more episode like those last two series and he is off to the UFL. The best chance the team has this year is for Trent to come around. If he won't the alterntives today, right now are bad and worse.

Not that I in any way endorse Colt Brennan; but Trent has been the unquestioned starter since the first year he was in the league. When has he ever.... ahhh screw it... it really doesn't matter Chan's sticking with Trent and we're stuck with looking inept...

this sucks

Unquestioned starter? Have you watched the Bills for the past few years? Or did I miss something? He had JP Losman breathing down his back, and lost his starting job to him. Then when they finally got rid of Losman they got Fitzpatrick, who took his starting job away from him.

Whatever. Have a great day everybody.

I root for guys like JP, and now Trent. If Trent does not pick it up then he wont be here next year. I think we all know that. But in any event, I root for those guys. I hope that they come back to Buffalo with another team, and torch the Bills. I would hate it for the team, but it would be what you fans deserve.

Edited by Kevin