Early signs not looking too promising for Poz

Big Turk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No lie: when he blew up Ricky Williams and sacked Henne, the impact was so ferocious I thought he was going to shatter into millions of pieces of glass shards.

C'mon, I can do you better...taking Whitner ahead of Haloti Ngata...Aaron "The Project" Maybin over Orakpo or Oher....

Could you imagine Oher and Wood on our line, and taken in the same year?

Ngata in our middle?

That's why I don't buy the whole 'blow things up to get a high draft pick' theory. If the Bills made better decisions with their draft positions they could have been a much better team. And it's not like these criticisms are based on hind sight. The Bills needs dictated that they take guys like Ngata and Oher instead of the players they chose, who were recognized as reaches when they were drafted.

Oh, by the way, Matt Schaub went in the 3rd round (90th overall)in 2004; the year that the Bills traded back into the first round to pick Losman.

Both Losman and Schaub were identified as options for Buffalo at QB, but Donahoe made the deal with Dallas because he liked Losman's upside better than Schaub's. Dallas picked DeMarcus Ware with Buffalo's 1st round pick in 2005.

Poz is a really good football player despite some of the bad things people say about him. The problem is he can't stay healthy and in my opinion be the superstar the city of Buffalo wants/needs him to be. I wish he never blew his knee out the first time and lost a step, but so is football. This injury makes me sad.

So Middle Linebacker and Outside Linebacker need to be top priority now in next years draft? :wallbash:

Along with QB, LT, RT, WR & DE. With Jauron gone at least we won't be drafting another DB

It was very upsetting to me when I had first found out the extent to which Jauron was given control of the draft thanks to Marv Levy. Even worse was that Tom Modrak was basically ignored on Draft Day in 2007 even though he had the title of assistant GM. Modrak was going to quit but Ralph Wilson met with him in Florida and talked Modrak into staying with the Bills and allowed Modrak to work out of his house which in the grand scheme of things was no big deal. I could never get any confimation that there was rift between Jauron & Modrak and Tom Modrak is too classy a guy to throw anyone under the bus but still feel there was more going on than what anyone in the public knew.

Gailey said tests need to be done, but initial reports describe it as a "long term knee injury". This dude just cannot stay healthy. Maybe he needs to go play flag football or something here there is no contact...

"Long term knee injury"

Let the injury fest begin for the Bills...

Injury settlement.

He could be great.

He seems to be glass.

That's why I don't buy the whole 'blow things up to get a high draft pick' theory. If the Bills made better decisions with their draft positions they could have been a much better team. And it's not like these criticisms are based on hind sight. The Bills needs dictated that they take guys like Ngata and Oher instead of the players they chose, who were recognized as reaches when they were drafted.

Oh, by the way, Matt Schaub went in the 3rd round (90th overall)in 2004; the year that the Bills traded back into the first round to pick Losman.

Both Losman and Schaub were identified as options for Buffalo at QB, but Donahoe made the deal with Dallas because he liked Losman's upside better than Schaub's. Dallas picked DeMarcus Ware with Buffalo's 1st round pick in 2005.

Your point about the Bills needing to draft better is taken, but the bolded is incorrect. Dallas picked Ware at #11 with their own pick. Buffalo's pick was #20, where Dallas selected DE Marcus Spears.

Along with QB, LT, RT, WR & DE. With Jauron gone at least we won't be drafting another DB

It was very upsetting to me when I had first found out the extent to which Jauron was given control of the draft thanks to Marv Levy. Even worse was that Tom Modrak was basically ignored on Draft Day in 2007 even though he had the title of assistant GM. Modrak was going to quit but Ralph Wilson met with him in Florida and talked Modrak into staying with the Bills and allowed Modrak to work out of his house which in the grand scheme of things was no big deal. I could never get any confimation that there was rift between Jauron & Modrak and Tom Modrak is too classy a guy to throw anyone under the bus but still feel there was more going on than what anyone in the public knew.

We now draft BPA (best player available) So there's a chance it could be a DB. We we're loaded at RB and took Spiller.

Let's hope BPA isn't a punter, cause I think Moorman has a few good years left.

Edited by qwksilver

if this is another serious injury I say let him walk as a free agent this offseason. Slow + poor in coverage + injury prone.

Another poorly drafted player from the Levy era. Harris has been having a wonderful career with the Jets and so has Beason with the Panthers.

You can't blame guys for getting injured. I know it is frustraiting, but seriously, injuries are so random and completely out of the control of the player most of the time. Anything can happen out there - a guy rolls over your leg, a pothole in the turf, etc. Pos, could come back in a week or two and be a 10 year star for this team, or he could be injured severly and never play again. Either way, it is out of his control(from an injury stand point).

Guys that are "durable" are usually just lucky. They do not have a different bone strucuture or ligament structure that makes them more prone to avoid injuries. 99% of the time at this level, it is just the luck of the draw.

Edited by tonyd19