Bill Cowher says......

TheBillsOrDie

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Phil Simms know? What does Bill Cowher know? Edwards sucks because he sucks. Gailey should be selling cars. We suck. We're doomed cause Ralph is so cheap.

Sorry guys, just summarizing the negative crap posted over the summer. It is nice to read something positive from those who have a clue.

Well, I think the praise is nice even if it comes with the big caveat of "I don't think they're going to make the playoffs." To be completely frank, we probably won't this season. Teams with a brand new coach and systems don't usually make the playoffs.

Still, as many people have mentioned on the boards here, the difference between this preseason and last years is night and day. We are going in with question marks, true. But we haven't fired our offensive coordinator days before the start of the season, Trent doesn't look like he still has a concussion, our starting RB hasn't been suspended and talent we've waited so long to kick in seems to finall start showing signs of life.

GO BILLS!

This season just gets more intriguing to me. Cowher seems to think very highly of Chan Gailey. I don't know how many are aware that Gailey is actually part of the Lou Saban 'coaching tree' -

The last time the Bills won a League Championship (1965), Bills head coach...

Lou Saban coached a linebacker named...

Marty Schottenheimer who, when he was head coach of the Cleveland Browns and then KC Chiefs, hired a special teams coach and then defensive coordinator named...

Bill Cowher who, while head coach of the Pittsburg Steelers, for 4 years had a WR coach and then offensive coordinator named...

Chan Gailey!!!

What does this portend? Is this a good omen? Could perhaps another Buffalo Bills league championship be on the horizon???

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

You know Senator,

For a fellow baby boomer (semi-phogie) like myself, I love that you're not jaded.

Like yourself, I look for the silver lining and while I won't turn it into the silver plating on a Lombardi Trophy, I share your optimism and positive outlook.

Enjoy the game, brother.

This season just gets more intriguing to me. Cowher seems to think very highly of Chan Gailey. I don't know how many are aware that Gailey is actually part of the Lou Saban 'coaching tree' -

The last time the Bills won a League Championship (1965), Bills head coach...

Lou Saban coached a linebacker named...

Marty Schottenheimer who, when he was head coach of the Cleveland Browns and then KC Chiefs, hired a special teams coach and then defensive coordinator named...

Bill Cowher who, while head coach of the Pittsburg Steelers, for 4 years had a WR coach and then offensive coordinator named...

Chan Gailey!!!

What does this portend? Is this a good omen? Could perhaps another Buffalo Bills league championship be on the horizon???

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)

Not bad, but you still haven't linked it to Kevin Bacon

Not bad, but you still haven't linked it to Kevin Bacon

Chain Gailey

>

Monday Night Football 1998

Cowboys vs. Eagles

>

Al Michaels (Monday Night Football)

>

ABC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration

(with Michael McKean)

>

Who was in the film The Directors

>

With

Kevin Bacon

Who gives a crap what a burned out former Pittsburgh HC thinks. I suppose we will be wagging our tails at any favorable Jimmy Johnson remarks next.

Why would ANY Bills fan care what an ex-Dolphins coach thinks???? <_<

One of our favorite Doug Flutie stories was when then-Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson, trying to motivate his team for an upcoming game against the Bills, destroyed a box of Flutie Flakes in front of his team. [insert mental image of Jimmy 'Hairspray' Johnson stomping on a box of cereal, thinking it would inspire his team to win a football game.] When Flutie heard about the incident, his face fell. "That cereal is to benefit autism research," said Flutie, whose son is autistic. "That's like him stomping on my son." Johnson later issued a public apology.

Edited by The Senator

Why would ANY Bills fan care what an ex-Dolphins coach thinks???? dry.gif

One of our favorite Doug Flutie stories was when then-Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson, trying to motivate his team for an upcoming game against the Bills, destroyed a box of Flutie Flakes in front of his team. [insert mental image of Jimmy 'Hairspray' Johnson stomping on a box of cereal, thinking it would inspire his team to win a football game.] When Flutie heard about the incident, his face fell. "That cereal is to benefit autism research," said Flutie, whose son is autistic. "That's like him stomping on my son." Johnson later issued a public apology.

I remember that. That one back-fired on old Jimmy a little bit :oops:

Why would ANY Bills fan care what an ex-Dolphins coach thinks???? <_<

Man, what a Flutie story.

Flutie always has heart. Johnson, well...he got it done on 2 different major levels...but something about him tells me that he's a tad too Dr. Faustus.