Why the opening game is the most crucial of the season...

beggar13

If we don't win, I think we are starting the season 0-3, and possibly 0-4. Any confidence that was gained during the preseason will have completely dissipated after that losing streak. People will be calling for Brohm to play QB, players will have lost faith in Gailey, and I think the whole situation will just be beyond ugly. I can't even imagine all the negative posts here if that's the case.

If we DO win (and I think we will), the confidence will build. The players will be all in, as well as most of the fans. I really think Sunday's game is going to lay the foundation and shape our team to what it ultimately going to become by week 17. The question is, will it be a team with the first pick overall, or a team that has shocked the rest of the league and finished with a record of at least eight and eight. With all that being said, I am as psyched and nervous about this game as I ever have been in recent memory. Let's hope our team ultimately gets off on the right foot!

GO BILLS!!

Most of us are expecting between 2-2 and 0-4 to start... I think it's realistic, and I don't think too many should logically have a heart attack at that sort of opening.

But that's the key word.

Logic, heh.

I think if we hit the Patriots game at 1-1, with less than 6 guys on the injured reserve list, we have a shot at taking New England.

The key word being "6". :D

If we don't win, I think we are starting the season 0-3, and possibly 0-4. Any confidence that was gained during the preseason will have completely dissipated after that losing streak. People will be calling for Brohm to play QB, players will have lost faith in Gailey, and I think the whole situation will just be beyond ugly. I can't even imagine all the negative posts here if that's the case.

If we DO win (and I think we will), the confidence will build. The players will be all in, as well as most of the fans. I really think Sunday's game is going to lay the foundation and shape our team to what it ultimately going to become by week 17. The question is, will it be a team with the first pick overall, or a team that has shocked the rest of the league and finished with a record of at least eight and eight. With all that being said, I am as psyched and nervous about this game as I ever have been in recent memory. Let's hope our team ultimately gets off on the right foot!

GO BILLS!!

Agreed. If we win this game, a loss in the Green Bay game would be a good thing as it would help any tie breaker scenario. Then if we split the next two we'd 2-2 but 2-1 in the division. Despite all the press I think the division is weak overall so you never know. Starting at 2-2 could be a real boost.

Beat Miami, lose to Green Bay and then take it from there.

I think if we hit the Patriots game at 1-1, with less than 6 guys on the injured reserve list, we have a shot at taking New England.

The key word being "6". :D

Agreed. The Pats will probably prove me completely wrong, but they've had a lot of injuries and are aging in several areas of their team (RB, O-line, secondary) and could be weak this year. That being said, if all of the draft picks they've had recently pan out, they may not see a drop-off this season at all. I would love to see Belicheck fail though.

Agreed. The Pats will probably prove me completely wrong, but they've had a lot of injuries and are aging in several areas of their team (RB, O-line, secondary) and could be weak this year. That being said, if all of the draft picks they've had recently pan out, they may not see a drop-off this season at all. I would love to see Belicheck fail though.

I think we'd all love to see Belicheck revert to his Cleveland Browns record, but that man is dangerous and has broken our hearts more times than I care to remember. Nonetheless, Sunday is the Bills' day to shine. Go Bills!

They only play 16 games. Every game is crucial. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised about the Bills knocking down GB in Lambeau.

I consider myself one of the more rosy-eyed members on this forum.

Having read the aforementioned post, I humbly doff my chapeau, bow deeply, and shake your hand.

Bills over the Pack? In Lambeau? Oh, you beautiful, delusional fool. You were there at Pickett's Charge, weren't you?

"Badge" - Cream

Agreed. If we win this game, a loss in the Green Bay game would be a good thing as it would help any tie breaker scenario. Then if we split the next two we'd 2-2 but 2-1 in the division. Despite all the press I think the division is weak overall so you never know. Starting at 2-2 could be a real boost.

Beat Miami, lose to Green Bay and then take it from there.

I,m stoned right now, but I find this post I:d report@

Edited by ConradDobler

I think it's important, if not for all of the same reasons you guys have been mentioning.

One, let's take a look at our schedule: after this week we play Green Bay, the Patriots and the Jets. Yikes.

Miami is the first of a several division rivals right after the other. It also is the most winnable of games in that list. People are predicting this to be a close game, and it's a home game. We're still all fired up and hopeful. This game is going to set the tempo.

I won't make any bones about the year: it looks rough as hell. We play a lot of the best teams in the league. Logic tell me that we won't have a good year. And then fan pride tells my logic to go f:censored:k itself. The result is the knowledge is that if we are going to be anywhere near halfway decent we have to win games that everyone thinks we are going to lose and win every game where they give us half a chance.