Bills new Fanvision

beerme1

I got an e mail from the Bills saying they are giving these things too club seat holders and suite holders. Does anyone have any knowledge of this thing? Is this a Nascar type thing?

A couple of excerpts from the Bills e mail.

"The Buffalo Bills FanVision is a wireless hand-held device that will allow you to get closer to the action and access information from all NFL games. This new unit is being distributed to our valued Club and Suite season ticket holders. The Buffalo Bills FanVision offers state of the art technology that will enhance your overall game day experience. As an added benefit, service for this device will be offered free of charge for 3 years (2010, 2011, 2012). Please note that this unit will not be fully operational until the Bills vs. Jets game on October 3."

And

"Here are just a few of the features that the Buffalo Bills FanVision will give you access to:

* Access to the Red Zone Channel

* Live Video Programming and Game Replays

* Live Audio Programming

* Fantasy Team Analysis and Rankings

* Pre-Game and Post-Game Analysis

* Live Stats for all Games

There will be more detailed information mailed out within the next week."

Again I'm curious if anyone has any more knowledge on this thing?

"There will be more detailed information mailed out within the next week."

There's your answer. Besides, you seem to already know everything about it. What more do you need to know?

I was asking if someone had more like the link that SDS provided for example :thumbsup:

Actually specifically, I was wondering if the thing would have live audio of the coaches. Like I said if this was a Nascar type thing. Maybe hear a call or two going to the qb's helmet. I am sure that will never happen though.

I was asking if someone had more like the link that SDS provided for example :thumbsup:

Actually specifically, I was wondering if the thing would have live audio of the coaches. Like I said if this was a Nascar type thing. Maybe hear a call or two going to the qb's helmet. I am sure that will never happen though.

Not yet. The subject has been discussed (as well as hearing the video replay discussions) but the NFL isn't ready for that yet.

I just got an email from my ticket rep saying these will be mailed out to your house in time for the Jets game. They said they are not usable until then. She said that Canadian customers will get them sooner because they mailed to them first.

In looking at the website it looks like Fanvision may be a start up company that decided to give like 10,000 units to each team that is participating in this and figure it might pay off for them in the long term.

The Bills are 1 of 11 teams doing this in the NFL. The Bills, Bears, Cardinals, Browns, Broncos, Dolphins, Vikings, Jets, Eagles, Seahawks and Redskins are all doing this in addition to the Michigan Wolverines.

When did you get this email? For some reason I didn't get anything on it.

I actually received two e mails from them yesterday on the subject. It is limited to club seat and suite holders and I am very interested in this and know for sure my gambling buddy will be too. They did say it wont be ready for use until the Jets game also.

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine in the mail today. The letter with it says it won't be ready until the Jax game, not this weekend as previous reported. So maybe they don't want everyone to show up at once with them, you know, rolling them out a few at a time.

Did some searches, people in Denver have had them since mid Sept, the biggest complaint is that it's a distraction, from the game itself, and people around you wanting to see it.

Got mine in the mail today. The letter with it says it won't be ready until the Jax game, not this weekend as previous reported. So maybe they don't want everyone to show up at once with them, you know, rolling them out a few at a time.

I suppose. If it doesn't work I suppose it is better to have a few people complaining than tens of thousands :)

Fan Vision is a new gimmick that Russ Brandon came up with. Its purpose is to prevent the Bills from losing any more premium seat holders. How it works is, they give premium seat season ticket holders a pair of rose colored glasses. After the free agent season and the draft is overwith, they embellish the value of the 3 class B free agents they will invariably sign, and the new draft class. Then, they invite the premium season ticket holders (donning their rose colored glasses) to the first minicamp practice to see what an awsome team it is going to be come September. A 4th round rookie QB will hook up with a 7th round rookie WR into triple coverage (McGee, McKelvin & Byrd defending)for a 95 yard touchdown. There will be dancing in the stands as several thousand premium seat holders "tweet" about what they just witnessed. It will bring national coverage to Buffalo, making the CBS evening news with Katie Couric. This will increase season ticket sales by 70%.

Fanvision is something being considered to retain ticket sales. I believe this year was the first time the NFL experienced a loss in ticket sales since the late nineties, no doubt influenced by the availability of games at home and better (and cheaper) televisions with HD. Cowherd was talking about it a few weeks ago.

A friend of mine who is a season ticket holder to the Dolphins told me that the Dolphins gave him one for free. He loves it. He said that it is a bit distracting until you figure out how to use it -- which does not take that long. He said that at the Dolphins-Jets game, he could watch any angle and creat his own highlights.

I got an e mail from the Bills saying they are giving these things too club seat holders and suite holders.

This new unit is being distributed to our valued Club and Suite season ticket holders.

As an added benefit, service for this device will be offered free of charge for 3 years (2010, 2011, 2012).

Are the Bills sending these out to season ticket holders? I know some teams did, but I haven't got one yet from the Bills.

You must have missed the very first line of the very first post in the thread! And then another later on in that first post. Hey thanks for reading :oops: