Someone has to do it...

Alphadawg7

Ok, seriously, I dont understand why this board gets its panties in a wad over every article, comment, blog, smoke signal, message in a bottle, etc that basically doesnt think we will be very good and ranks us last or in the bottom 3. Not only that, each one has to have its own thread about it (several daily) so everyone can post the exact same responses in every thread about what a jerk off the guy is or how they "hate" the Bills or some other conspiracy theory.

I keep asking this question and no one has yet to answer it, so here it is again...

WHO CARES? Power rankings are literally worthless to begin with...remember the last time we got "respect" in the power rankings and were 5-1? Oh yeah, we finished the season winless in our division with a 1-7 record to miss the playoffs.

What respect do you think we deserve as a team who hasnt made the playoffs in a looonnng time? What moves did we make that the outside public who does not follow this team closely would see as optimistic? I mean you do realize that these people writing these stories, rankings, etc are not following every single move, practice, etc about this team that the die hard fans follow right? So, since they are not doing that, take a moment and look at the FACTS they have to go on based on the season we are coming off of...

Here is what the media knows as facts about our offseason leading up to Week 1:

1. We hired a coach that shocked many people...a guy who was fired from his last job as OC days before the season began just last year

2. We have the same starting QB we had last year when he was awful

3. We added no significant players to a bad O Line

4. We lost a HOF WR and replaced him with guys who barely have seen the field

5. We lost our best shot at a playmaking TE for the first 4 games due to suspension

6. We drafted a RB #9 overall when we had a potent run game already

7. We are switching to a 3-4

8. We are installing our 3rd offenisve scheme in 3 years

9. 2 key starting OL guys are coming off major injuries

10. Our best pass rusher retired and we arleady had a weak pass rush last year

Seriously, how can anyone expect the media, who really only sees what I just wrote above, to think this team is going to be any good this year? And more importantly, why the hell do any of you care? WINS will shut them up...until then, they have a point.

Personally, I dont see it like it is above, I like the direction of this team and what Chan has done thus far. I see potential in this team this year and I really like the Chan hiring now...and I am optimistic, but that optimism is hinged to the play at the QB position. But, at the same time, I dont expect anyone else that doesnt follow training camp reports daily, practice notes, etc to see that given the above information.

So rather than start a NEW thread for every little negative comment about the Bills upcoming season before the season has even begun, maybe we should just pin one called "Bills in the media" where everyone can just post their hate posts about the "lack of respect" (undeserved respect I might add) the media shows this 6 win team from last year that hasnt made the playoffs for 3 presidential administrations...

Edited by Alphadawg7

Ok, seriously, I dont understand why this board gets its panties in a wad over every article, comment, blog, smoke signal, message in a bottle, etc that basically doesnt think we will be very good and ranks us last or in the bottom 3. Not only that, each one has to have its own thread about it (several daily) so everyone can post the exact same responses in every thread about what a jerk off the guy is or how they "hate" the Bills or some other conspiracy theory.

I keep asking this question and no one has yet to answer it, so here it is again...

WHO CARES? Power rankings are literally worthless to begin with...remember the last time we got "respect" in the power rankings and were 5-1? Oh yeah, we finished the season winless in our division with a 1-7 record to miss the playoffs.

What respect do you think we deserve as a team who hasnt made the playoffs in a looonnng time? What moves did we make that the outside public who does not follow this team closely would see as optimistic? I mean you do realize that these people writing these stories, rankings, etc are not following every single move, practice, etc about this team that the die hard fans follow right? So, since they are not doing that, take a moment and look at the FACTS they have to go on based on the season we are coming off of...

1. We hired a coach that shocked many people...a guy who was fired from his last job as OC days before the season began just last year

5. We lost our best shot at a playmaking TE for the first 4 games due to suspension

Seriously, how can anyone expect the media, who really only sees what I just wrote above, to think this team is going to be any good this year? And more importantly, why the hell do any of you care? WINS will shut them up...until then, they have a point.

Personally, I dont see it like it is above, I like the direction of this team and what Chan has done thus far. I see potential in this team this year and I really like the Chan hiring now...and I am optimistic, but that optimism is hinged to the play at the QB position. But, at the same time, I dont expect anyone else that doesnt follow training camp reports daily, practice notes, etc to see that given the above information.

So rather than start a NEW thread for every little negative comment about the Bills upcoming season before the season has even begun, maybe we should just pin one called "Bills in the media" where everyone can just post their hate posts about the "lack of respect" (undeserved respect I might add) the media shows this 6 win team from last year that hasnt made the playoffs for 3 presidential administrations...

well said

Here is the question to pose to those who feel the Bills aren't getting the respect that they deserve from the national media. If these experts are so wrong and clueless to be 'disrespecting' the Bills, an irrelevant team for going on a decade now, what teams are they ok to bash?

Guest dog14787

The season starts tomorrow (Sunday for the Bills) and right now every team in the NFL is just as good or bad as everyone else regardless of what anyone thinks.

So who cares, its always been and always will be us against the world,

and I wouldn't want it any other way...

I think that is at least part of the reason some one started that one thread about all the ranking threads in one place.

And hey if the team is talked about in a bad way, we are fans you think we aren't going to notice?

Great you don't care either do I that much but these guys do make predictions as so called "experts" and they get paid to give us this crap.

If your child got bad grades in school, you wouldn't have some questions about it.

Even if:

1. He was kind of a lazy kid

2. You and your wife got a divorce

3. His grandma died in the winter this year

4. He has allergy's

5. He started at a new school although he is good socially with people

6. He did pretty bad last year and got a C- average

7. He just became a teen and learned about girls

8. He slept too late all summer

9. He keeps his room a mess and that wasn't what he was like as a kid

10.He really doesn't seemed interested in anything and watches TV/plays on the computer too much

I know the Bills aren't our kids but they are important to us, go figuar.

I guess you didn't get the memo. Playoff berths are going to be assigned by ESPN Power Rankings this year instead of W-L records. Seriously, I totally agree with you. It is absurd to really care much what these alleged journalists have to say. Most of them are lazy and only assume that what happened last year will happen again next year. The few that actually do their homework realize the Bills are going to get their share of wins this year.

Great post. I am concerned about all of the items you laid out but right now we are undefeated and until I see the real product on the field I will hold off on negative comments. I like the general sense of direction but also realize we are probably two more years of retooling this team. I was concerned after skins preseason game we looked putrid however against Colts and Bengals I saw positive things. Now lets see if they can carry over into the season. One thing ya missed that maybe the skeptics havent considered is we are better coached than DJ ever did so maybe thats why some of us are more positive about the season than others.

You mean, rather than starting a new thread, using one that is already established - like maybe this one???

Link - The Stadium Wall - The Expert Prediction storage Area

:unsure:

lol...well, I wasnt aware of that thread, and more importantly neither was most of this board as their are several threads started daily about someone butt hurt over a report they read or a comment they heard. So, my original point still stands and the question is still unanswered which is "Who Cares"?

And like I said, that thread should be pinned where people can see it then so they will use it and we dont have dozens of butt hurt rants all over this board where everyone rewrites the exact same thing in each thread...

lol...well, I wasnt aware of that thread, and more importantly neither was most of this board as their are several threads started daily about someone butt hurt over a report they read or a comment they heard. So, my original point still stands and the question is still unanswered which is "Who Cares"?

And like I said, that thread should be pinned where people can see it then so they will use it and we dont have dozens of butt hurt rants all over this board where everyone rewrites the exact same thing in each thread...

Ah, I see...that would expain why there were already 26 posts in it before you started this thread B-)

Here is the question to pose to those who feel the Bills aren't getting the respect that they deserve from the national media. If these experts are so wrong and clueless to be 'disrespecting' the Bills, an irrelevant team for going on a decade now, what teams are they ok to bash?

There have been a lot more teams less relevant than the Bills over the last decade. They could start with them.

Not to offer any objectivity or anything but the press does have some advantages in assessing our chances over us. We are so focused, even obsessed, with our own team that we, perhaps, don't appreciate what is happening with other teams in the league and how we compare with them. Further, we love the Bills the way a parent loves a child so we are probably the least objective when it comes to them. On top of all that, we do this in our spare time, they do it for a living. Their every mistake is recorded, discussed, condemned and remembered. Crap we say gets lost in the flood within a day or two so our credibility is not on the line 24-7.

Lastly, I don't get your point about going after people on the board who find it entertaining to discuss various articles. The question you ask, "Who Cares?" might just as well apply to your post. Why do you care that people care? What is the point of showing how foolish they are for caring? Frankly, "Who Cares?" could be asked about 99% of the subjects we discuss. Talk about the draft? Nothing we say matters, they are going to pick who they pick so Who Cares? Talk about our new 3-4 defense? Nothing we say is going to make it work or fail and none of us know what their real plans are so Who Cares? On an on. Who Cares? Lots of people do and enjoy doing so, why does it bother you? If you don't like those threads, don't read them. Those posters don't need you to save them from themselves.

Edited by Mickey

Ah, I see...that would expain why there were already 26 posts in it before you started this thread B-)

And yet there are several new threads started daily on here about the Bills in the media, so the point still stands...

FYI: Almsot half of the 26 posts were by the original poster, and there were only 12 other posters in the entire thread. So, wow, 12 posters found that specific thread...and yet somehow there are countess threads started on here ranting about what they see or hear in about the Bills in the media...and those threads get a handful of posters to many pages of posters in each one...

So clearly, that thread isnt being seen by many nor used...hence the request for a pinned one...

Why do you care so much about people caring about things you don't care about that you care to start a thread about it? Never mind, don't answer that. I don't care.

Edited by Mickey

Not to offer any objectivity or anything but the press does have some advantages in assessing our chances over us. We are so focused, even obsessed, with our own team that we, perhaps, don't appreciate what is happening with other teams in the league and how we compare with them. Further, we love the Bills the way a parent loves a child so we are probably the least objective when it comes to them. On top of all that, we do this in our spare time, they do it for a living. Their every mistake is recorded, discussed, condemned and remembered. Crap we say gets lost in the flood within a day or two so our credibility is not on the line 24-7.

Lastly, I don't get your point about going after people on the board who find it entertaining to discuss various articles. The question you ask, "Who Cares?" might just as well apply to your post. Why do you care that people care? What is the point of showing how foolish they are for caring? Frankly, "Who Cares?" could be asked about 99% of the subjects we discuss. Talk about the draft? Nothing we say matters, they are going to pick who they pick so Who Cares? Talk about our new 3-4 defense? Nothing we say is going to make it work or fail and none of us know what their real plans are so Who Cares? On an on. Who Cares? Lots of people do and enjoy doing so, why does it bother you? If you don't like those threads, don't read them. Those posters don't need you to save them from themselves.

I hear ya, and fair enough...To answer your question, its just the tireless whining on this board about the media, consipiracy theories, etc. spreads not only into new threads but poors into other threads too and the shout box. And its the same stuff over and over and over again...same responses, same rants, etc. Not to mention, someone starts a new thread about every single comment someone makes or about some obscure blogger in his mothers basement who just released his meaningless rankings.

It just seems to be even worse than normal and getting a bit rediculous this year...

EDIT: Obviously you edited your post while I was writing this one, but still answered your question...of course I can ask you the same question...why respond in a thread you dont care about? I bet you have the same answer I do...

Edited by Alphadawg7

...Here is what the media knows as facts about our offseason leading up to Week 1:

10. Our best pass rusher retired and we arleady had a weak pass rush last year...

Wow, a Stadium Wall poster stating facts...what a concept! :worthy:

I could not have stated this better, the only difference is, if I would have, my "friends" out here would have flamed me for my negativity. (I've always felt that my sarcastic negativity is more sarcastic reality.)

Anyway, I don't share your optimism about the "job" Chan has done so far, since we don't know what he's done yet. You said it best though, wins will tell us how improved the Bills are, and nothing else.

Wow, a Stadium Wall poster stating facts...what a concept! :worthy:

I could not have stated this better, the only difference is, if I would have, my "friends" out here would have flamed me for my negativity. (I've always felt that my sarcastic negativity is more sarcastic reality.)

Anyway, I don't share your optimism about the "job" Chan has done so far, since we don't know what he's done yet. You said it best though, wins will tell us how improved the Bills are, and nothing else.

You can't share optimism about the job Chan has done so far, because the games haven't started, and there are no wins, but you can sure offer negativism about it. Sounds fair.