When is the next time the goal posts come down?

basskik11

Not sure if would be the next time we beat the Patriots, when we clinch a playoff berth, win the East, or win the AFC.

I don't know of another group of fans who have torn down the posts times more than Buffalo. If you can think of any, let me know!

I was there the last time it happened (I think -- it was Reich's win over Miami, right?). Still remember seeing the pieces make their way up to the top... dudes looking over and yelling "look out!" as they were dumped over the side... packs of 10-15 people hustling through the parking lot, all grabbing hold of a large chunk, followed by smaller bits clearly parceled out by some alert fan with a saw.

I moved away and haven't been to a game since. Tough to top that one though.

I was there the last time it happened (I think -- it was Reich's win over Miami, right?). Still remember seeing the pieces make their way up to the top... dudes looking over and yelling "look out!" as they were dumped over the side... packs of 10-15 people hustling through the parking lot, all grabbing hold of a large chunk, followed by smaller bits clearly parceled out by some alert fan with a saw.

I moved away and haven't been to a game since. Tough to top that one though.

here ya go.....brings a tear to your eye....

i remember it like yesterday.....one post went up and over the scoreboard/visitors corner.

cause 55 obese people in yellow jackets can stop 70,000.

does anyone remember another NFL city ever tearing down the goalposts? I don't. Not to say it never happened, I don't ever remember it.

Yes. The first time I ever saw goalposts come down was on January 1, 1977... Denver was at home against the Raiders and just won the AFC conference and a berth in the 1977 SuperBowl (against Dallas). They tore the goalposts down. Actaully, I think it is an old AFL tradition. The fans in Denver carried the goalpost into the stands. I remember it like it was yesterday... I was 9 years old and at Holiday Valley... Caught it on the TV there in the main chalet (at the base of Mardi Gras).

It's definitely less likely to happen in this modern era of security, but it could still easily happen.

I think if the Bills were to somehow host a home playoff game, and then win that playoff game in dramatic last minute fashion, there would be a reasonable chance that the fans come out of the field. I know that if even a few others started going, I would follow! :)

packs of 10-15 people hustling through the parking lot, all grabbing hold of a large chunk, followed by smaller bits clearly parceled out by some alert fan with a saw.

i was one of those people and i used to have a piece of the goalpost. but i loaned it to my brother and it got stolen :cry:

Yes. The first time I ever saw goalposts come down was on January 1, 1977... Denver was at home against the Raiders and just won the AFC conference and a berth in the 1977 SuperBowl (against Dallas). They tore the goalposts down. Actaully, I think it is an old AFL tradition. The fans in Denver carried the goalpost into the stands. I remember it like it was yesterday... I was 9 years old and at Holiday Valley... Caught it on the TV there in the main chalet (at the base of Mardi Gras).

:oops:

My bad... That was 1-1-1978... 1977 season. I was 9 and would turn 10 in Feb. of that year... My memory must be slipping after all these years! :wallbash:0:)

cause 55 obese people in yellow jackets can stop 70,000.

does anyone remember another NFL city ever tearing down the goalposts? I don't. Not to say it never happened, I don't ever remember it.

Not to mention the german shepherds that each of them have on a leash. I really don't personally remember another team's fans tearing down the goal posts, maybe no other team's fans are so hard up for a regular season win as we are.