I'm glad we didn't hire Mike Shanahan

major

Isn't Shanahan like 4-2 against Belicheat? Yeah, we shouldn't have brought him in.........

He turned the Bills down, from what I understand. Maybe he doesn't have the balls for the job at hand?

Supposedly, Snyder has "seen the light" and will cease player personnel meddling since he brought in George Allen's son. We'll see.

That's the word the team is trying to spread. You'd think that it's about time Snyder figured things out. In the 10 years he's owned the team he acted like he was in a fantasy league buying all sorts of "sexy" names with little to show for it. But he seems to be a born meddler, so maybe this won't last long.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly, Snyder has "seen the light" and will cease player personnel meddling since he brought in George Allen's son. We'll see.

Leopards, spots, etc.

We'll see what happens if the Redskins get beat in the passing game a lot and Snyder decides to "help" by trading next year's 1st and 2nd for Polumalu, or something equally ridiculous.

Leopards, spots, etc.

We'll see what happens if the Redskins get beat in the passing game a lot and Snyder decides to "help" by trading next year's 1st and 2nd for Polumalu, or something equally ridiculous.

We can only hope. I despise Snyder and his f***ing team.

He turned the Bills down, from what I understand. Maybe he doesn't have the balls for the job at hand?

I don't think that's far from the truth. To be a bit fairer to Shanny (why?) he probably preferred to win with an unlimited budget than to try to do more with less. I don't doubt his coaching ability, but I think he figured he was too old/too BIG for this challenge. IMO conquering the challenge the Bills would have delivered would have cemented his legacy as a GREAT coach.

LOL. Why do you suppose he was a HC much longer than Gailey? Hmmm??? Answer - because he won. Simple as that. Gailey did not win, hence his HC resume is quite thin. Can Gailey somehow miraculously morph into the next Levy? Perhaps.

Using your logic, Marv Levy was nothing without Jim Kelly. Give me a fricken break.

Again, I'd take the proven Shanahan over Gailey in a NY minute.

I dont normally get into these dumb arguments that just dont go anywhere, but at least if your going to slam someone else's post, get your facts strait, dont just blindly make fun of someone else's post with incorrect stats, he did win, got fired for not winning it all, but he won. You just sound dumb doing so.

Edited by mikey98277

Yes, it sure looks like Dan Snyder realizes that he's part of problem and is giving Bruce Allen & Mike Shanahan a certain amount of time to do it their way. If they show results, he'll maintain some boundaries, one would think.

When making your comparision please keep in mind that Shanny will have almost unlimited resources to work with (example: they brought in McNabb, we brought in Levi Brown). Gailey will not.

True. If we do not have a committment at the highest level of this organization to be a champion, then we never will be. That said, great coaches are a necessity. Shanahan has a pedigree, Gailey does not at this point. Hopefully Gailey flourishes up here. We'll know soon enough.

I dont normally get into these dumb arguments that just dont go anywhere, but at least if your going to slam someone else's post, get your facts strait, dont just blindly make fun of someone else's post with incorrect stats, he did win, got fired for not winning it all, but he won. You just sound dumb doing so.

Okay tough guy, using your logic, how many Super Bowl trophies has Gailey won? Hmmm? LOL.

Look I like Gailey and wish him the best.

Screw the rat. He didn't have the balls to take on a real challenge. I was down on the Gailey hire at first, but right now I'd take him over the rat in a heartbeat. Gailey and company are going to turn heads real quick. I can't wait to see the season unfold.

For argument's sake, after John Elway left, the shanahan-led broncos made the playoffs 4 times in 10 years. He loses a bit of luster with that little fact.

No he doesn't.

Reeves had Elway in his prime and got blown out in 3 SBs. Shanny took an aging Elway/Davis and won back to back SBs.

CG took an aging Aikman/Smith to back to back playoff one and dones.

Bull. The comparison is invalid as Shanahan has been a HC much longer than Gailey. Also, what was Shanahan in Denver without John Elway? I'll take my chances with Gailey.

It can always be spun the other way also.

What did Elway win without Shanahan? Elway got close but it took Shanahan to get him over the top and win.

I too would take Shanahan over Gailey.

Leopards, spots, etc.

Great post. Great succinctness and great point. You are a rare cat.

I don't think that's far from the truth. To be a bit fairer to Shanny (why?) he probably preferred to win with an unlimited budget than to try to do more with less. I don't doubt his coaching ability, but I think he figured he was too old/too BIG for this challenge. IMO conquering the challenge the Bills would have delivered would have cemented his legacy as a GREAT coach.

He also played under one of the best (most free-spending) owners in Denver. Shanahan has been lucky to work in some organizations that are totally committed to winning. Not everyone (regardless of career) is lucky enough to end up in these situations.

It can always be spun the other way also.

What did Elway win without Shanahan? Elway got close but it took Shanahan to get him over the top and win.

I too would take Shanahan over Gailey.

Nice try. But you're probably wrong.

John Elway took mediocre Denver teams to 3 Super Bowls under Dan Reeves.

Yes he finally won under Shanahan but Elway got to three Super Bowls without Shanahan.

How many times has Shanahan been to the Super Bowl without Elway?

ZERO

Shanahan's record post Elway is 91-69 which isn't bad…but he made the playoffs only 4 times (3 Wild Cards, 1-4 record) in the 10 post-Elway seasons and Shanahan didn't make the playoffs during his last three years in Denver.

In addition his record in player acquisition and drafting as de facto GM was horrible. The more power Shanahan got in the Denver organization, the worse the team got.

Great post. Great succinctness and great point. You are a rare cat.

He also played under one of the best (most free-spending) owners in Denver. Shanahan has been lucky to work in some organizations that are totally committed to winning. Not everyone (regardless of career) is lucky enough to end up in these situations.

Nice try. But you're probably wrong.

John Elway took mediocre Denver teams to 3 Super Bowls under Dan Reeves.

Yes he finally won under Shanahan but Elway got to three Super Bowls without Shanahan.

How many times has Shanahan been to the Super Bowl without Elway?

ZERO

Shanahan's record post Elway is 91-69 which isn't bad…but he made the playoffs only 4 times (3 Wild Cards, 1-4 record) in the 10 post-Elway seasons and Shanahan didn't make the playoffs during his last three years in Denver.

In addition his record in player acquisition and drafting as de facto GM was horrible. The more power Shanahan got in the Denver organization, the worse the team got.

Shanny ain't the GM in DC guy. How many Super Bowls did Gailey get to with or without Aikman? Hmmm??? LOL. If Gailey is so much better than Shanny than why hasn't he been hired as a head coach in the past 10 years. Hmmm???

You're right 91-69 record Shanny had without Elway ain't bad at all. Let's see how Gailey does without Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, etc.

Shanny's stats speak for themself. I'm hoping Gailey does great, but to say he an Shanny are comparable is madness.

Shanny ain't the GM in DC guy. How many Super Bowls did Gailey get to with or without Aikman? Hmmm??? LOL. If Gailey is so much better than Shanny than why hasn't he been hired as a head coach in the past 10 years. Hmmm???

You're right 91-69 record Shanny had without Elway ain't bad at all. Let's see how Gailey does without Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, etc.

Shanny's stats speak for themself. I'm hoping Gailey does great, but to say he an Shanny are comparable is madness.

Shanahan's record from 2006 through 2008 was .500 -- 9-7, 7-9, 8-8. Hardly hall of fame numbers.