Wondering about Levi Brown

Ennjay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I would've bet in April after the draft that he was our PS QB, but he seems to have vanished. Maybe we don't need a 4th QB, but has anyone seen Brown show up on anybody else's PS?

Thanks in advance.

Brown tweeted earlier: Love me two times, by the Doors,

Main Lyric of the song, "Love me two times, and I'm goin away"

Great tune by the way,

Edited by dog14787

I got to see him pretty up close vs the Lions the other night (from about 8 rows back) and he looked terrible. His passes were sailing, he danced in the pocket, etc.

Such a shame. I really like Levi. He seems like a good guy. Hopefully somebody else can give him another shot.

I don't get it. They scouted the guy in college, drafted him, said after the draft that he was the QB who they were taregeting, and then worked with him all through preseason and training camp (and praised his development). Pretty harsh to conclude after his first, brief, live NFL action that he's not worth developing for the future. It sure seems like either the scouts messed up or the coaches messed up.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Who cares?

Our #1 QB isn't very good. I am really not concerned with #4.

It seems like the kid did not catch on. He did not get many reps at all in preseason, most likely because Chan realized that he could not handle them/did not deserve them. They took a 7th round flier on the kid and he didn't come through.

If he end up on the PS, fine. If it is some other scrub like we've had in the past, that's fine. Any of these guys has an extremely low chance of ever developing into an NFL QB. I know, it happen, blah blah blah. Bottom line is any practice squad QB is an extreme long shot.

If Trent is not the long term answer at QB, we will be drafting one very early next year. Whomever is on the PS this year is practice fodder. That's it.

I don't get it. They scouted the guy in college, drafted him, said after the draft that he was the QB who they were taregeting, and then worked with him all through preseason and training camp (and praised his development). Pretty harsh to conclude after his first, brief, live NFL action that he's not worth developing for the future. It sure seems like either the scouts messed up or the coaches messed up.

Or Brian Brohm looked good enough to be their developmental QB, which is surely what they were hoping.

Or, more likely, Levi Brown just wasn't that good.

So, the scouts. It was someone's job to figure that out. I know, I know, seventh round pick, big deal, etc. etc. But to give up on a developmental QB, who they apparently were very high on going into the draft, after one short offseason is just bizarre. I guess he wasn't very good - but don't we pay people to figure that out in advance?

So, the scouts. It was someone's job to figure that out. I know, I know, seventh round pick, big deal, etc. etc. But to give up on a developmental QB, who they apparently were very high on going into the draft, after one short offseason is just bizarre. I guess he wasn't very good - but don't we pay people to figure that out in advance?

It would be different if he were a 3rd or 4th round pick. Perhaps even a 5th. How many 7th round developmental QBs ever amount to anything in the league on any team? 2%?

Or Maybe Levi didn't take advantage of his opportunity. You really have a backwards view of how football works, Coach. This isn't Madden. Players don't come with scores in real life.

PTR

So how do you explain finding a David Nelson is our scouts are so inept?

PTR

It would be different if he were a 3rd or 4th round pick. Perhaps even a 5th. How many 7th round developmental QBs ever amount to anything in the league on any team? 2%?

I hear that - but (and it's possible they're lying), the Bills have said that he was the QB they were targeting in the draft. In other words, they didn't draft another QB earlier because they wanted Brown.

I think Gailey alluded to not wanting to keep a QB on the PS because fo the way he runs practices. Maybe he just doesn't want a fourth QB in practice over another player that can work on the scout team to help the starters perpare. I think most of the time the third QB runs the scout team in practice, so maybe they felt he wouldn't get enough work to make it worthwhile.

So how do you explain finding a David Nelson is our scouts are so inept?

PTR

You know, I'm going to stop responding to your posts. Why don't you do the same thing with my posts, it's just getting tiresome. I get it PTR, the Front Office can do no wrong. You're on record. Please let me be.