Reggie Bush to be stripped of Heisman

papazoid

They should give it to the Runner-up.............

:thumbsup: I think vacating it is stupid.

Wait. Why would he apologize to the AD?

Because his actions caused the school to lose so much. I'm not convinced that everybody at the school knew this was going on. An apology for deliberately thwarting the rules and bringing heavy sanctions on USC just seems like the right thing to do.

so a college player cheats off the field and gets the most prestigious college award revoked

an entire professional team cheats on the field, repeatedly, to get a big advantage, and they get ... almost nuthin AND everyone still thinks of them as legit champs

seems fair

:thumbsup: I think vacating it is stupid.

Because his actions caused the school to lose so much. I'm not convinced that everybody at the school knew this was going on. An apology for deliberately thwarting the rules and bringing heavy sanctions on USC just seems like the right thing to do.

Incorrect. Though his actions aided in the RIGHTFUL acts towards USC, their Athletic Department has no one to blame but themselves. Bush was symptomatic of all the problems at USC. Numerous players getting paid, Pete Carroll's questionable recruiting tactics, their false "scholarships".

USC screwed USC. Bush was just along for the ride just like everyone else on that team.

Incorrect. Though his actions aided in the RIGHTFUL acts towards USC, their Athletic Department has no one to blame but themselves. Bush was symptomatic of all the problems at USC. Numerous players getting paid, Pete Carroll's questionable recruiting tactics, their false "scholarships".

USC screwed USC. Bush was just along for the ride just like everyone else on that team.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. RB knew what he was doing was wrong and as far as I know he's the reason they got all of the sanctions. If everybody is shoplifting in a store is it ok for you to do it too? This is something that bugs me. Morals seem to be flexible if a lot of others are doing the same thing. I disagree with that sentiment.

BTW, the sanctions they got are well deserved and maybe a bit light, IMO.

Link

Supposedly, I heard this on the radio so don't ask for a link, he called the athletic director at USC but never once apologized while they talked. dry.gif

OMG, he didn't apologize?!?!?!? That's terrible since I'm sure the poor USC AD was in complete shock that any of this was taking place.

:rolleyes:

Pull your head out of the sand, grasshopper.

should stay vacant as it would be the only way to truly punish bush... and he wasn't taking steroids or peds, he was the best athlete and player that year period.. vinnie a close second

i agree.....if left vacant....it will result in more awareness going forward.

I think i might be the only one who thinks this is ridiculous. Reggie cheated off the field, and yet an award thats given for ur on the field preformace is taken away. The kid was still the best player in college football that year, hands down. Idk if i would even call it cheating, he broke the rules. Its not like what he did made him play better. He still had to go out there every week and bust his butt. I mean oj allegadly killed 2 people, yet his heisman is still at usc. I just dont like how the school has taken down any memory of the kid. The ncaa and usc made millions off of him. Millions. Just my rambling opinion i suppose...

He should get to keep it. IMO

He should have been punished some other way he did great on the field. That is what the Heisman is for.

College football is a joke and the NFL ought to go to some other farm system. I hate to say it but more like hockey does (which is a joke in it's own way, I know) but seems more transparent somehow at least.

There is just too freaking much money in it. Hell, if the NCAA was realistic they would just pay these guys and get rid of the scholarships. I don't care that they get paid, hell good for them if they did, maybe when they became pros they would be better for it.

He should get to keep it. IMO

He should have been punished some other way he did great on the field. That is what the Heisman is for.

College football is a joke and the NFL ought to go to some other farm system. I hate to say it but more like hockey does (which is a joke in it's own way, I know) but seems more transparent somehow at least.

There is just too freaking much money in it. Hell, if the NCAA was realistic they would just pay these guys and get rid of the scholarships. I don't care that they get paid, hell good for them if they did, maybe when they became pros they would be better for it.

I am with you on this one. I would love to know the gross for all the div.1 football games, bowl games, and TV deals.