NFL Power Rankings

papazoid

At best, they start the season 1-3. Odds are better they go 0-4.

Or they start 3-1 or 4-0 or 2-2.

Bottom line, your prediction is a GUESS - I just don't get the "odds are" comment, odds based on what? Pre-season? Then 0-4 seems pretty unlikely. Sports writers opinions? Like the really know what's going on up in Buffalo. Last season? Irrelevant.

Can't we at least see a live game or two before saying odds are they're going 0-4?

I think theyre better than a lot of teams on the list, but once you get to the Skins at #20 it's hard to pick one team over another.

Rest assured many of the highly rated teams will be exposed as pretenders as the season unfolds ... never fails.

Like the Bills were a couple yrs ago when they were 4 & 0 & ranked 4th

Why are the Fish, of all teams, rated at 11 and 12 in these?

Because the guy who did his first put them 12th... All this non-sense is repeating the same crap over and over. I have rarely seen any evidence of detailed analysis. It's a bunch of drive-by regurgitated non-substantive rubbish. I think they based it on EA sports Madden 2011 rankings or something.

Incidentally Seattle looks like they will be abysmal. They look clueless up there.

I have a hard time believing that the Bills are going to be as bad as they were right before drafting Mike Williams. Tom Donahue gutted that team when transitioning to a 4-3. I know that there are a lot of new players on this team; however, most of them are backups or veteran free-agent signing.

Outside of T.O., I just don't see the salary dumps or the releasing old veteran players like the Bills did at that time.

Also, compared to the pre-season last year, Chan Gailey is a much better offensive coach than Dick Juron. The defense has looked o.k.

The defensive line and secondary are talented. Running back is going to be a strength. The run defense has got to be better. They are planning on having two defensive ends, and three defensive tackles. Plus, the Jets aren't that great, sure they have spent hand over fist in free agency for big name players. I was a little surprised they didn't sign T.O. Once teams figured out the wild-cat, the Dolphins have proven to be an average team. The Patriots aren't what they used to be.

But,... But... But... we're going 10-6 this year!

<_<

We suck, these lists don't confirm or deny anything someone who can step back from their homerdom can see.

But if it makes you feel any better, here are my power rankings.

Steve Stojanovich, no affiliation with any real news/sports outlet:

#1 - Buffalo Bills "HOF caliber QB, multiple WR threats, established and tenured OL, proven coaching staff, A 2nd year DE who is just a FREAK".

We aren't making the playoffs, we may win 4 games and shock me. Our #1 selling jersey on our website over the past 6 years is our !@#$ing punter.

And to the poster who argued someone saying "odds are we go 0-4", the "odds" are based on the fact that we play 4 teams better than us in those 4 games. He doesn't need to be !@#$ing Archimedes and give you a formula of why the "odds are" we are going to lose games.

Or they start 3-1 or 4-0 or 2-2.

Bottom line, your prediction is a GUESS - I just don't get the "odds are" comment, odds based on what? Pre-season? Then 0-4 seems pretty unlikely. Sports writers opinions? Like the really know what's going on up in Buffalo. Last season? Irrelevant.

Can't we at least see a live game or two before saying odds are they're going 0-4?

Can we agree on what the "odds are" now?

Can we agree on what the "odds are" now?

I find it funny that Miami still has a power ranking of 11.

Speaking of odds...

Best line I heard on the radio yesterday morning. "As Bills fans already know, yesterday loss to Miami starts them off 0-1 on the season and are now statistically eliminated from the playoffs."

Almost pi$$ed my pants when I heard that.

Edited by The Wiz