4 to the practice squad

wil1226

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I would have thought we'd add Levi. Do you think we'll add a QB with our remaining 4 spots?

Gailey was a little wishy-washy about it when asked yesterday. IMO, they are trying to wheel and deal as much as they can to try to improve the roster. They let go of a TE and picked up a better one today. They obviously targeted Urbik and claimed him off waivers so they cut Dominique Harris who has great size and potential. I imagine they now want Harris on the PS, too. Whether or not they sign Levi to the PS probably has as much to do with who else they sign to the active roster and who else they can get to the PS as much as what they think of Levi himself. Not to mention that by keeping Brohm, he amounts to their "project QB".

Gailey was a little wishy-washy about it when asked yesterday. IMO, they are trying to wheel and deal as much as they can to try to improve the roster. They let go of a TE and picked up a better one today. They obviously targeted Urbik and claimed him off waivers so they cut Dominique Harris who has great size and potential. I imagine they now want Harris on the PS, too. Whether or not they sign Levi to the PS probably has as much to do with who else they sign to the active roster and who else they can get to the PS as much as what they think of Levi himself. Not to mention that by keeping Brohm, he amounts to their "project QB".

Do you know how long they have to sign players to the PS?

Do you know how long they have to sign players to the PS?

They can sign a player to the PS whenever they want. The limit is eight players but you don't have to have eight (although I believe all teams eventually do). And you can cut a player off your PS at any time and add one at any time, provided you have room for him, or her.

They can sign a player to the PS whenever they want. The limit is eight players but you don't have to have eight (although I believe all teams eventually do). And you can cut a player off your PS at any time and add one at any time, provided you have room for him, or her.

Gracias!

P.S. Are you coming out for any games this year?

Save $400,000 by leaving 4 spots on the practice squad unfilled. No kidding.

Hit the nail on the head. It can't possibly be that they are still targeting and negotiating with players, or the fact that most teams take a few days to fill their PS rosters. No-sir-ee, you of all people on Planet Earth figured it out. They are trying to save $400K. Brilliant. I wanna pin a medal on you.

PTR