Ok, The Roster Has Been Set! Official Prediction Time.

Steely Dan

98 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Bills win this year?

2. 2. Do the Bills make the playoffs this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they don't they will be within one game of making it.

There will be an ugly & bloody brawl in early February at a ritzy night club in Miami Beach. It will be between a bunch of old men & a group of young studs. Trent Edwards will bust a champagne bottle over Don Shula's head, but he'll be fine. The no-name defense will be seen on national TV whimpering like babies. The '72 Phins will go home bloody & sober that night, as the 2010 Bills will have stolen all their champagne. 19 & 0 baby!

Guest dog14787

I predicted 10 wins and If we miss the playoffs its by one game.

Chan Gailey's infinite wisdom, play calling/leadership abilities/winning attitude is going to turn this ball club around, of that I have little doubt and in my opinion CG is going to do it in a hurry. Gailey's an old sly fox and he's about to teach TE everything he knows about tricking defense's and when all is said and done dog see's a Championship on the horizon,

We won't just hope to win, we will expect to win,

I Billieve...

Edited by dog14787

There will be an ugly & bloody brawl in early February at a ritzy night club in Miami Beach. It will be between a bunch of old men & a group of young studs. Trent Edwards will bust a champagne bottle over Don Shula's head, but he'll be fine. The no-name defense will be seen on national TV whimpering like babies. The '72 Phins will go home bloody & sober that night, as the 2010 Bills will have stolen all their champagne. 19 & 0 baby!

Thought I was the only one that predicted this year after year...

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1:00 pm Win - handily at home

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers 1:00 pm Win - a barn burner against an overconfident Pack

09/26 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm Loss - close again, but still aren't over the NE hump

10/03 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 pm WIN - crowd is in a frenzy and the J.E.T.S. suck, Suck, SUCK!

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:00 pm Win - against a dumbfounded Jags who can't stop any of our RBs

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm Loss - Tough one in a low scoring game

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm Win - Chiefs put up a good fight, but Bills outlast, outrun them

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) 1:00 pm Win - Secondary controls the game with 4 INTs against the Ex-Denver QB

11/14 DETROIT LIONS 1:00 pm Win - Could be a nail bitter if the Bills get overconfident

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm Win - another high scoring barn burner but 4qtr heroics saves the day

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 1:00 pm Win - Ben is pressured into several INTs as our running game goes wild

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm Loss - the Metro Dome is one of our worst nightmares

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 pm Win - Manjini still doesn't know what he's doing west of NYC

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm Win - about time we play in Miami late in the season

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 pm WIN - No Brady comebacks in this game

01/02 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm Loss - it doesn't matter, we have the division and a 1st round bye.

Final Record 12-4 :)

Notes: ESPN wants to flex our 12/26 NE game, but the Bills tell them to forget about it.

Edited by mabden

:lol:

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS 1:00 pm Win - handily at home

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers 1:00 pm Win - a barn burner against an overconfident Pack

09/26 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm Loss - close again, but still aren't over the NE hump

10/03 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 pm WIN - crowd is in a frenzy and the J.E.T.S. suck, Suck, SUCK!

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:00 pm Win - against a dumbfounded Jags who can't stop any of our RBs

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm Loss - Tough one in a low scoring game

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm Win - Chiefs put up a good fight, but Bills outlast, outrun them

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) 1:00 pm Win - Secondary controls the game with 4 INTs against the Ex-Denver QB

11/14 DETROIT LIONS 1:00 pm Win - Could be a nail bitter if the Bills get overconfident

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm Win - another high scoring barn burner but 4qtr heroics saves the day

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 1:00 pm Win - Ben is pressured into several INTs as our running game goes wild

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm Loss - the Metro Dome is one of our worst nightmares

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 pm Win - Manjini still doesn't know what he's doing west of NYC

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm Win - about time we play in Miami late in the season

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 pm WIN - No Brady comebacks in this game

01/02 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm Loss - it doesn't matter, we have the division and a 1st round bye.

Final Record 12-4 :)

Notes: ESPN wants to flex our 12/26 NE game, but the Bills tell them to forget about it.

I give this a thumbs up!!!!

I predicted 8-8 and no playoffs. This team will be MUCH better than expected, but the schedule (playing both North divisions), particularly on the road, is brutal.

3-3 in the division, 6-2 at home (including Toronto game), 2-6 on the road.

This season could go either way, IMO.

If we stay relatively healthy, if Trent plays well and all 16, if the OL can provide decent protection, if the D can generate a pass rush and stop the run. Then we could win 10 games.

But we could also easily go 4-12.

I'm optimistic but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

I voted 8-8 which would make them the surprise Team in the NFL based on the predictions of doom in the National Media...I think they'll be a tough out and MUCH tougher at Home than in recent years...They will still lose their fair share, especially on the Road vs. good Teams..My guess is they go 5-3 at Home and 3-5 on the Road while just missing out on a couple Games that could have gone either way...I think the weakness will be the Run Defense, especially on the Road...I think they will be more fun to watch (duh...one word...Spiller)and just a better product all around this year...They'll need a monster off-season in 2010 to keep the momentum going...But I like the start of the "Anyone-but-Jauron Era."

Oh and...GO BILLS!!!! B-)

So things are just about to begin. How many games do you see this team winning. I'm going out on a limb with 10 and making the playoffs. :thumbsup:

I'd rather have a lot of faith and be wrong, than be a doomer and be right.

Excellent thread! :worthy:

My heat-felt vote was 8 wins. My head tells me more like 5 to 7, and either way, of course they don't make the playoffs this season. In my humble opinion, there will be no Dolphins-ish 1-15-0 to 11-5-0 turn around over one off season for this group. The offense looks like it will be better, but this switch to the 3-4 defense, and the fact that all of a sudden Edwards (Georg of course), is showing some 4-3 looks, makes me think it will be a bad year overall for defense.

Quarterback, Wide Receiver and TE positions are terrible. When Edwards gets pressure, he is awful and has nobody to throw to. When teams start game planning, as we will see a week from today, it will get ugly fast. Tackle spots are not good and there is less than zero depth on the OL. Someone gets hurt (and that will happen) and they are really screwed. Curious to see how the defense does but I think it will be a tough transition to the 3-4 especially when they don't have very many good players, especially at the LB position. Injuries and lack of depth will kill this team plus they do not have an easy schedule. Unless they give the ball to Spiller 30 times a game and hold teams to two TD's or less, it will be a very long season.

This is the time of year I always talk myself into thinking the Bills can win one more game than I've thought up to this point. I think it's my enthusiasm for the Bills and optimism that starts to overpower my more detached assessment as I get excited for the season. That said, I've risen up to 6 wins as my best guess, up from 5.

The team looks much better than I've expected in pre-season, but I think the new schemes on offfense, defense, and special teams is a heavy burden. Also, we have so many young players and players in new positions, I think it'll be too hard to get up to 50%.

I hope to see continued improvement this year, and respectable play and playcalling. I think with one more offseason we'll be in a good position to compete and make a playoff run next year.