Ravens cut Troy Smith - per Schefter tweet

muddy waters

If I were to bring him in I think he'd replace Fitz - merely because Brohm is promising as a true pocket passer, and Troy seems more mobile, more along the lines of what Fitz gives us, but hopefully more accurate. So, I'd love to see us with Edwards, Smith, and Brohm.

It's starting to look like the Bills are handing the team over to Edwards, though. If he regresses it doesn't look like they would look to keep either Brohm or Fitz at QB, but just go after a franchise QB in next year's draft.

I really see more in Brohm than a lot of people on this board, it seems. He's looked pretty good to me, and I'd give him a chance as a starter if Edwards were to falter. But, if Brohm is close to being good enough, and Smith is very similar - they're both thinking they want and deserve starter jobs. Edwards, Smith, and Brohm would be a team with three guys thinking they're 1st string.

So, I think our F.O., merely for that reason, might stay away from Smith and go with Edwards or next year's first round pick.

Yes lets bring in a guy who was 3rd string QB and got cut. That makes sense.

Oh thats; right no NFL player has ever been cut by one team and gone on to play well with another.

I sure hope Buddy doesn't bother looking at any of the crappy players that were cut today. I'll bet none of them get picked up since NFL teams cannot be that stupid, right?

If I were to bring him in I think he'd replace Fitz - merely because Brohm is promising as a true pocket passer, and Troy seems more mobile, more along the lines of what Fitz gives us, but hopefully more accurate. So, I'd love to see us with Edwards, Smith, and Brohm.

It's starting to look like the Bills are handing the team over to Edwards, though. If he regresses it doesn't look like they would look to keep either Brohm or Fitz at QB, but just go after a franchise QB in next year's draft.

I really see more in Brohm than a lot of people on this board, it seems. He's looked pretty good to me, and I'd give him a chance as a starter if Edwards were to falter. But, if Brohm is close to being good enough, and Smith is very similar - they're both thinking they want and deserve starter jobs. Edwards, Smith, and Brohm would be a team with three guys thinking they're 1st string.

So, I think our F.O., merely for that reason, might stay away from Smith and go with Edwards or next year's first round pick.

I think this is dead on. Fitz is who he'd replace. And anything that gets fitz off the roster is good by me.

Yes lets bring in a guy who was 3rd string QB and got cut. That makes sense.

If you'd ever seen him play - and I mean in the NFL - you would know how much sense it would make.

I'm not one for bringing in random QBs - the Leinart calls were comical - but Smith is plenty decent, I'd definitely take him over Fitz.