Global Warming

3rdnlng

I love that this is 'tardboy's new favorite line to use on everyone.

It's just like a Twilight Zone episode.....conner is the only sane one and everyone else is crazy!!! :w00t:

Of course, we have a "consensus" here that conner is nuts.

But that consensus doesn't count.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that this is 'tardboy's new favorite line to use on everyone.

It's just like a Twilight Zone episode.....conner is the only sane one and everyone else is crazy!!! :w00t:

Technically it's just everyone else on PPP. There are large sections of the populous elsewhere who agree with me. But I intentionally subject myself to you crazies in order to attempt to understand what you !@#$ers are thinking when you say/do the crazy things that you do.

And I still don't understand how you insane people can believe global warming is a hoax. Not in the least.

Technically it's just everyone else on PPP. There are large sections of the populous elsewhere who agree with me. But I intentionally subject myself to you crazies in order to attempt to understand what you !@#$ers are thinking when you say/do the crazy things that you do.

And I still don't understand how you insane people can believe global warming is a hoax. Not in the least.

We might be inclined to accept the possibility that man's miniscule contribution to atmospheric CO2 levels is playing a significant role in the warming of the planet if instead of demagoguery, "consensus", or intentionally misleading propaganda courtesy of Al Gore, we were presented with some actual evidence to support the theory.

Global warming is happening and will continue to happen. All of the science-hating in the world is not going to stop it.

And !@#$ Al Gore, the guy is a tard.

But they can't prove my SUV is causing it!!!!!!!!!

http://www.priweb.org/ed/finger_lakes/nystate_geo3.html

"These lakes all formed over the last two million years by glacial carving of old stream valleys."

Was it Indian smoke houses that caused these glaciers to melt and leave such a great vacation area for rich yuppies?

We might be inclined to accept the possibility that man's miniscule contribution to atmospheric CO2 levels is playing a significant role in the warming of the planet if instead of demagoguery, "consensus", or intentionally misleading propaganda courtesy of Al Gore, we were presented with some actual evidence to support the theory.

Is there global warming? Could be, but evidence over the last decade doesn't indicate it.

Is there man-made global warming? Could be, but there is no credible evidence to indicate it.

Should we do everything possible to be friendly to our environment? Absolutely.

Should we be focusing on global warming at the expense of other environmental problems such as clean rivers and lakes, reduction in smog? Absolutely not. Let's do what we know we can.

Should we change our way of life in case some day it is proven that there is such a thing as man-made global warming? Hell no. In fact there has been many a winter that I've wondered how we could speed it up!

But they can't prove my SUV is causing it!!!!!!!!!

http://www.priweb.org/ed/finger_lakes/nystate_geo3.html

"These lakes all formed over the last two million years by glacial carving of old stream valleys."

Was it Indian smoke houses that caused these glaciers to melt and leave such a great vacation area for rich yuppies?

It was their SUV's.

And I still don't understand how you insane people can believe global warming is a hoax.

No one is claiming any such thing. The planet has been either warming or cooling for the last 6.5 billion years and will probably continue for the next 6.5 billion years. The fact that humans showed up for the blink of an eye during that time frame (and spent all but a millisecond of that time living in mud huts) isn't going to change that reality. What is a hoax is the Chicken Litlte hysterics that are being used as a means to further the power and money grab by major governments against its citizens.

If you remember, the idiots like you were firmly bought into the idea that we were headed into an ice age not too long ago.

And the fact we're not proves Global Warming is true. [/conner]

Here's some science for you. It is the consensus of this board that connor has never been right. In other words he has been 100% wrong all of the time. Conner supports man-made global warming. Since conner is always wrong he must be wrong about man-made global warming. This proves that there is no such thing as man-made global warming. I wonder if I can get a $500,000 grant to study this further?

It's obviously not going to happen overnight. My belief is that "what is" will eventually win out. I am well aware of your skepticism on that point.

Which is all fine & dandy. Yet you can understand from an economics standpoint, why so many businesses are up in arms over proposed "green" regulations that have increasingly zero scientific validity?

Nobody would care about this subject if it didn't have the potential to shave a few points off GDP growth, or give China and India yet another competitive advantage.

And don't kid yourselves, most of the green energy evangelists are lining up for the government largesse of many green initiatives. You'd figure people would have learned from the ethanol fiasco.

Which is all fine & dandy. Yet you can understand from an economics standpoint, why so many businesses are up in arms over proposed "green" regulations that have increasingly zero scientific validity?

Nobody would care about this subject if it didn't have the potential to shave a few points off GDP growth, or give China and India yet another competitive advantage.

And don't kid yourselves, most of the green energy evangelists are lining up for the government largesse of many green initiatives. You'd figure people would have learned from the ethanol fiasco.

Conner has no idea what you're talking about

Perhaps you wouldn't be surprised to learn that my primary concern is not what businesses have their panties in a bunch about. The fact that the science is incomplete does not make reducing emissions, becoming more energy-efficient and pursuing alternate energy sources bad ideas. To the contrary, the results of such pursuits will likely lead to savings for businesses in the long run.

Perhaps you wouldn't be surprised to learn that my primary concern is not what businesses have their panties in a bunch about. The fact that the science is incomplete does not make reducing emissions, becoming more energy-efficient and pursuing alternate energy sources bad ideas. To the contrary, the results of such pursuits will likely lead to savings for businesses in the long run.

Nobody here is really arguing against that. Cap and Trade/redistribution of wealth is over the top and will cause real harm to our economy.