Hard Knocks

judman

Jets Executive VP Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan were discussing the 4 week suspension of Santonio Holmes

Rex: "If we can hang in there for four weeks, we got help on the way."

Tannenbaum: "We go Buffalo... we got Buffalo."

I hope we beat them again this year. Also that the win come handily, not in some OT squeaker.

Jets Executive VP Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan were discussing the 4 week suspension of Santonio Holmes

I hope we beat them again this year. Also that the win come handily, not in some OT squeaker.

I almost want this team to fail as much as I want the Bill's to win the Superbowl this year. Absolutely hate them.

Apparently, old Broadway Joe is causing some ripples in Jet-land, because he posted on his website, that he doesn't think the Jets will be all that great...he is particularly unimpressed with their offensive line...

That is odd becuase it probably is a top 3 in the league.

Their QB is seriously overrated. How he gets this much press and Leinart is dubbed a Souther Calif flake I have no idea.

I hope he goes down in flames this year and takes the whole season with him.

I just watched the episode and didnt hear him say that.. When was it?

I think we can have a better record then them. I just had an argument with a friend, because i said we are going to finish 2nd in the division (he is a dolphins fan).

I think the Jets and the Dolphins are in the same boat this year. Overrated qbs, o-line that is worse than last year, and getting high priced players.

The pats are the only ones I am concerned about.

That is odd becuase it probably is a top 3 in the league.

Their QB is seriously overrated. How he gets this much press and Leinart is dubbed a Souther Calif flake I have no idea.

I hope he goes down in flames this year and takes the whole season with him.

Yeah, I thought that was kind of strange too. I didn't see the quote, only heard them talking about it on the radio. Perhaps, not wanting to step on toes, Namath deflected his doubts about Sanchez onto the offensive line? People do that kind of stuff all the time.

I think we can have a better record then them. I just had an argument with a friend, because i said we are going to finish 2nd in the division (he is a dolphins fan).

I think the Jets and the Dolphins are in the same boat this year. Overrated qbs, o-line that is worse than last year, and getting high priced players.

Pains me to say it, but I think the Dolphins and Pats will battle it out for the top of the division, while the Jets and Bills battle it out to avoid the bottom.

I agree completely.

Edited by BobChalmers

The Jets are clearly in trouble at their L guard spot....holy crap, that "Big Vlad" guy or whatever his name is SUCKS!!! I tell you what, though, I hope none of our guys gets in the way of "The Terminator"....did you guys see the hits he was putting on people in those preseason games?? Holy hell is he a badass...

I would guess about 20 minutes or so into the show. They are talking about Santonio Holmes. The segment starts with the narrator saying something about the "love affair" with Santonio Holmes.

It's in there, trust me, I actually watched that segment twice to double check. I will admit it is subtle. Watch that Tannenbaum guy (the executive VP who wears nylon shorts and t-shirts).

"We got buffalo"....the Jets play the Bills in week 4. What is offensive about that?

Good. Hopefully the team uses it as motivation. Look at it this way - either Tannenbaum is right and the kick the crap out of us, or we shut them up. It will be interesting either way. But there's no way I could hate the Jets more than Dallas or New England. Not even close.

I drafted Shonn Greene and am getting nervous as the show has not mentioned his name once.

Good. Hopefully the team uses it as motivation. Look at it this way - either Tannenbaum is right and the kick the crap out of us, or we shut them up. It will be interesting either way. But there's no way I could hate the Jets more than Dallas or New England. Not even close.

Agreed!

Head-to-Head Franchise Records

Opponent W L T W-L% Tm Opp

New York Jets 53 45 0 .541 1995 1940

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Plus one

I almost want this team to fail as much as I want the Bill's to win the Superbowl this year. Absolutely hate them.

As my first football team is the New York Giants I have been impartial to them for years. Even when I started going to Bills games while still at UB I had a very "meh" feeling to them and their fans.

This season I want to see them crash and burn. Hard.

The Jets are clearly in trouble at their L guard spot....holy crap, that "Big Vlad" guy or whatever his name is SUCKS!!! I tell you what, though, I hope none of our guys gets in the way of "The Terminator"....did you guys see the hits he was putting on people in those preseason games?? Holy hell is he a badass...

Funny they were just talking about Vlad on Sirius - they said if he doesn't improve big time and soon that Sanchez is going to get killed this year!

I totally don't get the Jet love.

At QB they have Sanchez. 12 TDs 20 INTs last year. So far this preseason the offense hasn't scored more than 16 points in a game. In the three games Sanchez has thrown 2 TDs and 2 Ints. While I do see him having potential I have serious doubts that they will be manifested until towards the end of the season.

At RB they expect Shonn Greene to step up. Yeah, the guy had a good 5.0 ypc, but in his 108 attempts he had 3 fumbles (not to mention he was running behind the Thomas Jones workhorse). Speaking of Thomas Jones, his numbers have improved each year in the last three years:

2007: 1119 yds 3.6 ypc 1 tds 2fum

2008: 1312 yds 4.5 ypc 13 tds 2fum

2009: 1402 yds 4.2 ypc 14 tds 2fum

with Tomlinson, whose performance has drop since his monster year in 2006.

2007: 1474 yds 4.7 ypc 15 tds 0fum

2008: 1110 yds 3.8 ypc 11 tds 1fum

2009: 730yds 3.3 ypc 12tds 2fum

They start off the season with their best WR out through week 4. They still haven't signed Revis on D. I give it to them that the defense is still VERY good, but without marked improvement from Sanchez I don't see how they are any better off than last year. Last year when they were gifted a playoff birth.