Maybin's Role Defined

tbonestake

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little off topic. I saw Maybin at Wal-Mart last night about 8:30PM, buying a throw rug a garbage cans and freeze pops. If i was not sure who he was and i just ran into him on the street, I would let him walk through, and if he told me to walk on teh other side i would . The man is jacked.

Edited by CountDorkula

I think I'm keeping my expectations for Maybin as low as possible. I.e., I'm assuming he'll be an abject bust until I see him do something useful in a real NFL game. This way, he has nowhere to go but up.

Good way of thinking because that must be the thinking of the Bills as well. Evryone says we suck until we hit them in the mouth..... If Maybin is a bust, then he will get cut, but if the coaches see him as potential then we will see....

A little off topic. I saw Maybin at Wal-Mart last night about 8:30PM, buying a throw rug a garbage cans and freeze pops. If i was not sure who he was and i just ran into him on the street, I would let him walk through, and if he told me to walk on teh other side i would . The man is jacked.

Wal-Mart? He held out last year and he's still shopping at Wal Mart???

Along with our friend Stroud, I was paying special attn to Maybin the last couple of games. He does that duck the shoulder edge rush move on most plays and is usually to wide. And his spin move, that I saw only twice, was hideous. I fear he is too much finesse and not enough power for today's game. Works great in the Big 10, but not on Sundays. My guess is that he has 16 games to prove something to Gailey, then gone if he stays on his current course.

The guy is only 22, played one full season at the college level, and saw little playing time his first season due to his holdout.

Lets take a step back for a second and look at it like this: If we drafted Maybin this year (same spot) and this was his rookie season, given his preseason play thus far as a "rookie", how does he look?

I would say he looks pretty good for a "rookie" and has some potential. Even if a bulk of his time isn't against starters.

Give the KID some time!!

Give the KID some time!!

Fair enough but I am not sure we are a team that had the luxury of using 2 years to develop our top picks. Did the previous staff think he was BPA ? If yes, he better make an impact eventually for us. The way we have messed up drafting in the past, we are stuck needing our top picks to contribute very quickly.