Farewell to all, you guys are great fans.... I mean that!

DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.....If this ex-player has the correct birthday (6/13/46) listed in his profile, I have some questions. Nobody on the Bills roster between 1967-1972 was born on that day. Nobody on the 1967 team was born in 1946. If you assume that only the birth year is right in the profile, three players played from 1968-1972 with the Bills and were also born in 1946. So, either this person is (A) full of it or (B)got their birthday wrong in their profile and didn't know what year they started with the Bills when they posted their farewell. Just for fun, the Bills went 17- 64- 3 between 1967-1972 including two 1 win seasons (1-12-1 in 1968 and 1-13 in 1971).

Edited by kasper13

This is not a knock against the board, actually its the opposite.....wonderful place to hang out.

I am going to tell you a little secret but this will change your attitude about your threads and comments!

Are you ready?

I played for the Buffalo Bills 1967-1972. I read your comments and I now understand the fans better. Just a little warning here!

The players do frequent the message boards, and they do care what you write and yes I personally know 1 former player that posts here!!! Yep, it is true! If you investigate, you could easily figure it out! I did ! I PMed the guy and we now chat from time to time!

So why leave the board now? No player or former player is interested reading garbage about why a player should be waived or why he is overpaid.These are proud, proud former star college football players. The career is short, the physical burden is high and the players are just people. We all have emotions and nobody enjoys bashing! The Buffalo fans are the best but by far the most frustrated.

I will stop by from time to time and read some topics but my responding days are over.

Oh, and my prediction for 2010?

Some of you place to much importance in high skill players. The "team" will determine the final outcome.

Buffalo is better then most of you think and a playoff birth is not impossible!

I thought about placing my real name here, but most likely someone will say I sucked or I was just a good solid player.

Either way I will not be happy because football was my LIFE and still is!

So I ask the question and this is a good one.....

IF YOU WERE A FORMER PLAYER,WOULD YOU PLACE YOUR REAL NAME ON THIS BOARD? If you think about it very carefully, the answer is no way! Some will call this thread a hoax but that should be expected from fans in today's world! Everything is a hoax and everybody is a fraud, not always true guys! Some people are honest and until proven otherwise, learn to trust people!

Good luck on your threads, the season, and GO BILLS!!!

-DIEHARD 1967

Thanks for your posts - I've always liked your point of view and demeaner on this board. Interesting that you were a former player - I never had an inkling.

I don't blame you for not putting your real name up there - it's not fair honestly. Why should you be the only person who identifies themself on the board (or one of the two or three people who do)?

I'm kind of surprised that current players would come on this board to read the posts, since I couldn't begin to imagine what that would do to your psyche.

I think a lot of people who post on this board are truly Bills fans, however I think they are just tired of losing. The problem is that they are expressing it poorly. It's kind of like getting into an arguement at a bar and then deciding your going to go to your car, get a gun, and shoot them. It's just plain overreaction and a lack of clear thinking. I personally get tired of hearing fans talk about why a team is goign to be terrible, how everything they do is crap, and how that casual fan's opinions are the gold standard for how a football team is built. There are too many teams and different ways of doing things to say one way is the only right way. As a result, I don't know how you can second guess every single move the club and players make.

Hmmm.....If this ex-player has the correct birthday (6/13/46) listed in his profile, I have some questions. Nobody on the Bills roster between 1967-1972 was born on that day. Nobody on the 1967 team was born in 1946. If you assume that only the birth year is right in the profile, three players played from 1968-1972 with the Bills and were also born in 1946. So, either this person is (A) full of it or (B)got their birthday wrong in their profile and didn't know what year they started with the Bills when they posted their farewell. Just for fun, the Bills went 17- 64- 3 between 1967-1972 including two 1 win seasons (1-12-1 in 1968 and 1-13 in 1971).

I never provide an accurate birthday when registering for sites -- it's an invasion of privacy IMO.

i also had the opportunity to meet al bemiller many times back in the day when he was a ref for high school wrestling. seemed like a good guy, and as kids we all looked up to him.

A very long time ago Al Bemiller used to work at a Boys Club on the west side of Buffalo. One time when we were playing around he picked me up while I was in my gym clothes and carried me into the shower to cool me off. He was a very easy going person working with some very tough neighborhood kids. He was a good guy.

1967, I hate to see you leave the board. Would you please not tell Cornell Green that I made some very negative comments about him? I'm sure he is a good fellow but as a player I do have some doubts about him.

I have visited this board every day since I've joined. Yes, I have no life. I rarely post, unless I feel I can add something to the discussion. Even then I re-read everything I write twice before posting it, spell check it, and do my best on the punctuation. It can be intimidating place for someone like me that does not have the knowledge that some people have here. For me it just makes sense to just read and learn, but what does it say when a former player and a national sports writer can't deal with some of the posters here?

I'm sorry that you have been put off by some posters (hopefully not me), but mostly I'm sorry for myself because I lose out on some great insight.

**** man, that's a pretty sobering post. I kind of feel sorry for you. Good humility.

So now who do we lynch for Die Hard leaving? I think it's definitely Lee Evans' fault - trade his ass ASAP, he's a bum.

<just kidding if you're reading this, Lee>

Per somebody's suggestion, I read 1967's last few posts, and I don't see anything out of line.

For somebody who questioned his truthfulness because why would have Lou Saban in your avatar, if Lou only coached him one year, do you have a good picture of Harvey Johnson that he should put in there? :cry:

Actually Tim doesn't participate in the "community" anymore since people couldn't resist telling him that he, his employer, and his co-workers sucked ... over and over and over again

Not to mention the catcalls about their website sucking.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Disagree. Yes, today's player salaries have skyrocketed beyond belief, but the fact is there is a market to support it. Keep buying your Sunday Ticket and you contribute to the high salaries. Back in Die Hard's day, those salaries were unheard of. These were just guys making a living like you or me -- they were not cashing in back in 1967.

Not saying I agree with either of you, and not saying Sunday Ticket doesn't figure into high salaries, but a small amount if it does compared to game tickets (an average of about $450 to take a family of four to a game with food/drinks/parking/ticket,etc.) figured in, spending &80-$150 for jerseys or other memorabilia, etc. play a bigger factor in these outrageous salaries. I can buy sunday ticket and snacks for 17 sundays for two years for my family of 4 to watch football on sunday ticket at home for what it would cost to go to one game, so that is where the attention should be directed more so than on Sunday Ticket, especially since DirecTV gets a good chunk of that money too.

Really sorry you're leaving , I enjoyed your opinions.

It is a shame the board has become a hang out for the grammar police,joksters, and single minded(only my opinion counts crew).

One thought on your retirement from TBDSW......"Farve". We hate to lose a good player.

We'll miss your perspective, 1967. Thanks for taking the time to post a message to the board telling us what's going on.

The door's always open to come back, anonymous again, to post under a new handle. I hope to see you again, even if I don't know it's you.

Edited by Matt in KC