CIN/BUF replay NFLN game thread

Trent really had a good game here b/c the Bengals DL was crushing the Bills OL. He showed pretty good pocket presence, toughness to shake off hits and quick decision making to make the offense look good. Can't help to worry about the OL however the way the Bengals worked them.

PS- Maybin wasn't as bad as I initially thought in this game.

I'm behind you guys on this because we ran out to pick up some pizza and wings…Bills games are a BIG DEAL!!! On my DVR, we've got 4 minutes left in the first half.

I love the design of the offense. On most plays the receivers are running open in space…wide open.

I think the observation which many of us have had so far is true: Chan Gailey really does understand the offensive game in the NFL.

It makes me think that solely due to circumstances, a guy like Charlie Weis can have a much bigger reputation than a guy like Chan Gailey…even if they are probably equal in their expertise.

A few random comments as I watch this game..

-I agree on the Maybin comment. He doesn't look too bad.

-I like the way they were getting Roscoe more involved. Steve Johnson...saw him make one catch over the middle for a nice gain, but other than that, didn't see him getting involved enough. First time I'm seeing Nelson and he seems like a good player. BTW, I see the stat line says hardy has a catch... i assume that closer to the end? I'm on a bit of a delay on the DVR...

-On that one play where Edwards was forced out of the pocket and nearly sacked by Dunlap but took a nasty hit.... There's no reason to take that hit... he needs to get rid of it sooner and not take the abuse on his body. JMO

-Question -- when did the Cinci defense switch to 2nd stringers? Was Edwards last series in there against first-team defense?

CJ might have stepped out of bounds on his second TD.

Also, reading the game reports, I'd somehow missed that we stopped them on a fourth and short attempt.

Trying to keep an eye on Cornell Green to see if he was really as bad as a few of the posters here were hysteriating.

Maybin used an initial spin move (not a counter spin) and beat a double team to force that intentional grounding penalty. He's coming along.

Tell me again why the game is at the Ralph and we have to put up with Cincy's tv announcers? This it ridiculous. First they delay the game by 48 hours, then they make us listen to the babble by the Cincy announcers. WTF?

In years past, the NFL Network would give us one half of each team's announcing crew.

However in the Washington game, we were "treated" to Joe Theismann for the entire game. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that they were broadcasting in HD and NFL Network wanted to put the best visual product up there.

We'll see what happens in the 2nd half here.

In years past, the NFL Network would give us one half of each team's announcing crew.

However in the Washington game, we were "treated" to Joe Theismann for the entire game. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that they were broadcasting in HD and NFL Network wanted to put the best visual product up there.

We'll see what happens in the 2nd half here.

I understood why we had to listen to theesman brag about his team, they were in Washington. But the game is in BUFFALO, WTF? At least the announcers are more fair than theesman.

I understood why we had to listen to theesman brag about his team, they were in Washington. But the game is in BUFFALO, WTF? At least the announcers are more fair than theesman.

True. I'm pleasantly surprised at the objectivity of the Cinci announcers. They seem (except for a few player mis-IDs) that they've done a little homework and they're not being insufferable homers.

True. I'm pleasantly surprised at the objectivity of the Cinci announcers. They seem (except for a few player mis-IDs) that they've done a little homework and they're not being insufferable homers.

Except for the opening comment about Wings allegedly originating at the Anchor Bar. They seemed to be joking about it. But for the most part, they have been fairly balanced. They haven't shown the comparison of the offensive yards since the first quarter, when Buffalo had a deficit of -8 and they had 60.

Tell me again why the game is at the Ralph and we have to put up with Cincy's tv announcers? This it ridiculous. First they delay the game by 48 hours, then they make us listen to the babble by the Cincy announcers. WTF?

I don't mind the announcers at all they at least have some knowledge of the Bills and they arent spending the entire game talking about the Bengals unlike the skins game.

Four minutes into the 3rd quarter, the Bills first string defense is still in the game.

Clearly the coaches feel they need to work on their assignments and fits…and they do. Troup just made a nice play to blow up a third and short run attempt. He needs to play lower. He still plays too high.

Nugent 54 yard field goal attempt, good.

Munoz is a pretty decent announcer.

Maybin did have a better game than most people thought. he has improved each game.

On first look online I didnt realize what a great pass that Fitz made on the Nelson TD. Nelson looked good too but Fitz really made an excellent play. Maybe we do get the jackie Chan upgrade on Fitzy too.

Chad Simpson has no chance IMO of making the team but he is pretty good. Really quick feet.

BTW, i didnt think CJ stepped on the line on the TD. I thought I always saw green, however slim. Man that was a gorgeous run.

Edwards also was better than I initially thought, and I thought he did well the first time.

We gotta keep this Roscoe thing up.