No Penalties on 1st-string O-line

tbonestake

Anybody else encouraged that our 1st-string O-line had no penalties...especially in the Red Zone? Are they getting better in that regard or was it a fluke?

This is encouraging but line still needs time together. Let's hope they stay healthy this year.

Levitre had a great block downfield on Spiller's 20 yard TD run.

That was an awesome block! The picture in the paper of Trent shows Spiller standing up one of their LBs and Levitre mauling somebody.:thumbsup:

Edited by tbonestake

How much did D. Bell place last week? I thought I saw him in the first series and the O looked terrible. Noticed Meredith in the game with the first string a little later. Did Bell get pulled, or our they just working him in slow?

He played most of the first half. After the first series they settled down and the offense was very efficient. Cornell Green got toasted on the first drive and Trent got sacked. Trent stepped up in the pocket very well for the most part and our Tackles did a good job of guiding the rushers out beyond the play. Trent stepping up in the pocket helped quite a bit as opposed to the past when Trent would just flop down in the face of pressure or take off running. First string was done after half-time and the Meredith got an illegal hands to the face or holding on a reception by Roosevelt (SJCI!) and Chambers had a false start.

Jason Peters had 2 last game and 4 so far this preseason. I report this from Eagles country where people are starting to notice Peters more and more and as everyone knows, when the Philly mob turns against you, it can get really ugly.

Edited by Peace

Jason Peters had 2 last game and 4 so far this preseason. I report this from Eagles country where people are starting to notice Peters more and more and as everyone knows, when the Philly mob turns against you, it can get really ugly.

Peace-can you post something to this effect on here?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/118048-far-be-it-for-me-to-take-pleasure-in-others-misfortunes/

Thank you! :thumbsup:

He played most of the first half. After the first series they settled down and the offense was very efficient. Cornell Green got toasted on the first drive and Trent got sacked. Trent stepped up in the pocket very well for the most part and our Tackles did a good job of guiding the rushers out beyond the play. Trent stepping up in the pocket helped quite a bit as opposed to the past when Trent would just flop down in the face of pressure or take off running. First string was done after half-time and the Meredith got an illegal hands to the face or holding on a reception by Roosevelt (SJCI!) and Chambers had a false start.

Thanks,

I guesss it looks like Bell is going to win the starting job. I thought Meredith was going to sneak in there, but maybe not. I hope between bell, green , and meredith, 2 of them work out. I still would have like to see left tackle get addressed some how with one of the other three moved to right tackle.

Edited by clearwater cadet

Anybody else encouraged that our 1st-string O-line had no penalties...especially in the Red Zone? Are they getting better in that regard or was it a fluke?

I was at the game and I was telling anyone within earshot this very fact. If I remember correctly, last year's preseason games, in an awful foreshadowing of the coming season, were riddled with false start and holding penalties.

Not only do these type of penalties kill drives, but they ruin an offense's flow. You need to have everyone on the offense fully focused; sloppy play breaks up that concentration and if it's gone, it's extremely difficult to get everyone's head back in the game.

Meredith should start on the right side if you ask me.

Maybe I'm missing something, but just haven't seen anything from Meredith to lead me to believe that he should be starting in the NFL. He was awful last season and has been ok this year when playing against backups. I agree that Green hasn't looked good, but I don't see Meredith as a solution.

What shocked me is after two successful scoring drives, they got the ball back with less than 2 minutes left in the first half and marched right down the field to score again! And they made it look easy.