Levi Brown to the active roster?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure they're as fraidy-skaired of putting Levi on the PS as some would believe.

He'd be zero help coming off the bench this year as the #3. Brohm would be a much better choice as the #3 this year. JMO.

Have you SEEN the level of QB play in the league? It's absolutely a concern to leave Levi exposed on the PS if they believe he has future potential.

I also think it's probably pretty certain, historically speaking, that if your team has to get to the #3 QB for any extended period of time during a regular season you're screwed, regardless.

Guest dog14787

From what you guys have seen, has Brown showed any reason other folks would have any interest in him?

Does anyone in the league even care what the Buffalo Bills do besides us?

We will keep TE, Fitz and Brohm on the roster in my opinion and Brown is going on the practice squad.

Have you SEEN the level of QB play in the league? It's absolutely a concern to leave Levi exposed on the PS if they believe he has future potential.

I also think it's probably pretty certain, historically speaking, that if your team has to get to the #3 QB for any extended period of time during a regular season you're screwed, regardless.

So the thing to do would be release a QB that is already showing potential in Brian Brohm? :blink:

They've played Brown so sparingly that I think they'll take their chances with putting him on the PS. I thought they'd have given him more chances in pre-season, but it's probably just as well that they didn't.

Chris Brown already announced this on his Fan Friday blog.

<snip>

You didn't complete the quote. He announced that Brown will be the 3rd QB. Either they'll only keep 2 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be 3rd on the ps, or they'll keep 3 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be the third. Either way, Brohm or Fitzy are getting cut.

Brown will be the third QB, but I’m pretty sure he’ll be on the 53-man squad.

No. Brown's shown absolutely nothing so far and there are going to be a ton of young QBs waived. It will be fine to pass him over to the PS. I'm quite sure this is the plan. The three will be Edwards, Fitz and Brohm. And even if I am wrong and Brown gets picked up, who cares? As the other poster said, Brohm has more potential anyway. He's still a young guy, so either choice is going with youth. It's not like we're deciding between Brown and Chris Redman or someone like that.

You didn't complete the quote. He announced that Brown will be the 3rd QB. Either they'll only keep 2 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be 3rd on the ps, or they'll keep 3 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be the third. Either way, Brohm or Fitzy are getting cut.

Linky?

The quote I saw was

"Bills GM Buddy Nix in a recent interview on the Shredd and Ragan show (103.3 The Edge) up here in Buffalo confirmed that they’re only keeping three. My feeling is that Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick are likely the two QBs fighting for the one remaining spot. Brown will be the third QB, but I’m pretty sure he’ll be on the 53-man squad."

This quote seems rather less definitive, Nix says they are keeping three, it is Chris Browns opinion that Fitz and Brohm are the two duking it out and that Brown will be on the 53 man squad.

Not that his opinion isn't worth listening to, but he ain't Chan or Nix.

Personally I think they'll keep Brohm and Fitz and put Brown on the practice squad. I think there are going to be NFL-experienced QB and higher-round draft picks

tossed onto practice squads all over the country. We may be starting to respect Nix and Gailey, but to the rest of the country they're still a joke so I think a

7th-rounder they pick is relatively safe.

Linky?

The quote I saw was

"Bills GM Buddy Nix in a recent interview on the Shredd and Ragan show (103.3 The Edge) up here in Buffalo confirmed that they’re only keeping three. My feeling is that Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick are likely the two QBs fighting for the one remaining spot. Brown will be the third QB, but I’m pretty sure he’ll be on the 53-man squad."

This quote seems rather less definitive, Nix says they are keeping three, it is Chris Browns opinion that Fitz and Brohm are the two duking it out and that Brown will be on the 53 man squad.

Not that his opinion isn't worth listening to, but he ain't Chan or Nix.

Personally I think they'll keep Brohm and Fitz and put Brown on the practice squad. I think there are going to be NFL-experienced QB and higher-round draft picks

tossed onto practice squads all over the country. We may be starting to respect Nix and Gailey, but to the rest of the country they're still a joke so I think a

7th-rounder they pick is relatively safe.

Who considers Nix and Gailey a joke...other front offices?

He didn't announce anything of the sort. He said "I believe that Levi Brown will be carried on the 53-man roster."

He stated that his belief is that Brown would be on the active roster, a little different that announcing a fact.

He didn't announce anything of the sort. He said "I believe that Levi Brown will be carried on the 53-man roster."

He stated that his belief is that Brown would be on the active roster, a little different that announcing a fact.

Read my post. "A little different" than what you represented.

He announced that Brown will be the 3rd QB. Either they'll only keep 2 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be 3rd on the ps, or they'll keep 3 QBs on the active roster and Brown will be the third. Either way, Brohm or Fitzy are getting cut.

I know they want to "keep" three but with the issues the defense has at LB, lackluster special teams play this pre-season, and the battles at WR, I think they release Fitz and Brown and try to get Brown on the PS. That will give them three but not on the active roster.

I disagree.

Unless Brohm outperforms Fitz this Thurs hes a goner. He gets less reps and has been #3 in the rotation. Odds are he's gone over Fitz.

I know they want to "keep" three but with the issues the defense has at LB, lackluster special teams play this pre-season, and the battles at WR, I think they release Fitz and Brown and try to get Brown on the PS. That will give them three but not on the active roster.

huh? release the 2 back ups and keep Brown on the PS, that leaves us with Trent. Well, that would leave us some room for OLBs and WRs. :oops:

Read my post. "A little different" than what you represented.

Sorry, disagree..."he announced that Brown will be the 3rd QB" is much different from "he believes that Brown will be the 3rd QB" (IMO), but no matter either way, I suppose I'm splitting hairs or picking nits or something like that.

Your post did a good job adding to the thread so I should just STFU. :thumbsup: