GAMEDAY Live Stream for ALL NFL games this season

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

Wow, I truly have heard everything. If you are so concerned about safety issues, or about some guy making a couple of bucks providing a service for the game, here is an idea. Stop being such cheap-skates and stop breaking the NFL review / rebroadcast laws in order to watch the game. Then get off your a** and either spend the $10 for a couple of drinks down at a bar to wath the game, or shell out the cash for NFL Sunday ticket.

Sorry, but the higher than thow safety concerns and outrage at some guy from outside the Bills Community rings pretty hollow when people here are consipiring to illegally pirate the game feed so they can avoid any type of activity in our economy.

Folks losing their computer/hard drives to virus's is a big concern, as I'm sure in SDS's mind along with all other legal aspects of posts/links involving possible copyright infringements.

Its very possible the usage of this particular stream was paid for through Bling, which would make it perfectly legal,

So how about losing the higher then thou attitude unless you know all the facts, Blackouts don't occur every day and leave Bills fans all scrambling for a way to see the game and buying into a package for one preseason game hardly seems practical.

Edited by dog14787

Its very possible the usage of this particular stream was paid for through Bling, which would make it perfectly legal,

So how about losing the higher then thou attitude unless you know all the facts, Blackouts don't occur every day and leave Bills fans all scrambling for a way to see the game so buying into a package for one preseason game hardly seems practical.

You don't believe that.

I haven't had any issues with this install but I am using IE not Firefox (which is not the browser I use for anything anyway). I also must say if you are out of the US like I am NFL games are just not available on NFL network or direct tv or any other way I can find (in Asia in any case).

So not by choice I have to watch it this way. The Thai government has been blocking a lot of the sites too because they love to block stuff here. Justin, Channel surfing and most of those types are being blocked.

The one this guy has been pushing is to me one of 2 options I can find this year and it is far better quality, in fact really the best stream I have had in 3 years of doing this. So I am thankful for it.

On a sort of side note:

It is a shame because if the NFL really wanted to they could develop a market here. There are a lot of Ex-pats from the US here and Thai's could learn to like it. Right now, I pay for premium satellite service (they have no cable here), there are four games a week, always big market teams even in pre-season and they play them over and over during the week. That is it and it really sucks. There is a TV show that they talk football on but it is all in Thai and I don't understand it much. They really could make more money but they chose not to pursue the market because it is small. This points out the NFL is never going global, to me. They could also spend some money to have little league here, I am a teacher and last year I had an American football "club" after school and the kids liked it a lot. If they could see games and knew more about it they would get into it for sure>

Guest dog14787

That was good of you to admit.

Tonyd's position on his high horse is safe.

If bootlegging the game makes me a sinner, guilty as charged :blush:

Edited by dog14787

I haven't had any issues with this install but I am using IE not Firefox (which is not the browser I use for anything anyway). I also must say if you are out of the US like I am NFL games are just not available on NFL network or direct tv or any other way I can find (in Asia in any case).

So not by choice I have to watch it this way. The Thai government has been blocking a lot of the sites too because they love to block stuff here. Justin, Channel surfing and most of those types are being blocked.

The one this guy has been pushing is to me one of 2 options I can find this year and it is far better quality, in fact really the best stream I have had in 3 years of doing this. So I am thankful for it.

On a sort of side note:

It is a shame because if the NFL really wanted to they could develop a market here. There are a lot of Ex-pats from the US here and Thai's could learn to like it. Right now, I pay for premium satellite service (they have no cable here), there are four games a week, always big market teams even in pre-season and they play them over and over during the week. That is it and it really sucks. There is a TV show that they talk football on but it is all in Thai and I don't understand it much. They really could make more money but they chose not to pursue the market because it is small. This points out the NFL is never going global, to me. They could also spend some money to have little league here, I am a teacher and last year I had an American football "club" after school and the kids liked it a lot. If they could see games and knew more about it they would get into it for sure>

You sound like a guy who has done a lot of research but I suspect you are not being truthful. If you are outside North America, you can legally watch EVERY NFL game live over the Internet by subscribing to NFL Game Pass.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe your Google is broken!

Edited by Peace

What if the "streamer" paid for the game and put it up on the internet for anyone to view, and charged nothing? Why is it "illegal" to watch? If I go to the bar and sit there and watch the game that someone else paid for--is that much different? What if it was put up (illegally) on youtube---is it "illegal" for me to watch it?

Of course it's not.

I don't remember the moral crisis surrounding this topic last season.

If I go to the bar and sit there and watch the game that someone else paid for--is that much different?

Bars pay according to the number of possible occupants as dictated by the fire code... So, the bars DO pay for the priv of you being there.

What if the "streamer" paid for the game and put it up on the internet for anyone to view, and charged nothing? Why is it "illegal" to watch? If I go to the bar and sit there and watch the game that someone else paid for--is that much different? What if it was put up (illegally) on youtube---is it "illegal" for me to watch it?

Of course it's not.

I'm not going to get into the question of whether it's legal for you to watch it. There's very little chance of you or someone else being prosecuted for this in any case. It is, however, certainly illegal for him to stream it. The NFL holds the copyright on all telecasts, and has the right to distribute them as they see fit.

In the case of this thread, I don't think most have the questions have centered on the legality or ethics of providing the stream, rather it has been a question of whether the link in question forces users to download an unnecessary toolbar.

I'm doing some research on V-share now. I despise add-ons (particularly toolbars) like this as a rule. But for what it's worth, it seems relatively harmless (from what I know at the moment) and is considered to be one of the better (if not the best) youtube clone applications.

Even if it isn't dangerous, I share Fearless Leader's concern that it is a worthless addon that is foisted upon us simply for the revenue it brings to the site/person delivering the toolbar. I need to know this, if anyone has the answer: Did anyone disable the toolbar and then watch the game? If so, it seems like it is useless to this particular streaming process and is being distributed strictly for revenue and to build a base of installed users for future use.

To me there is no moral standard in question here. The game was shown live in Cinci so why should I not be allowed to see it simply because of where I live.

Because the NFL owns the copyright and can distribute it as it sees fit. If you don't subscribe to HBO, should you be able to watch their programming because it's on in your neighbor's house?

Guest dog14787

If you have a PC, just go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, and Uninstall V-Share Toolbar...

I didn't like the idea of installing garbage toolbars either, but it seemed to be harmless and uninstalled easily after the game.

V-share wasn't listed there(first thing I did)

Of course it's not.

It's not crystal clear but let's clear up a few things. Bars and restaurants need special licenses from the NFL (through a special DirecTV package) to show the games. The NFL gives them a special copyright license that allows them to show games to their patrons.

Watching an NFL game that is at an illegal website (99.999999999999999999% of the online steams) may not be illegal--for the watcher. But the law on that is at least somewhat murky:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13739_3-9936833-46.html

As to the moral issue, I try to make sure the person with the rights to the material gets my money. It's just "right" to do that. I understand that I'm in the minority on that.

but anyone who has the misperception that this might be legal is seriously wrong. Like wrrong wrong.

You are absolutely right, and I don't do that anyway (I prefer sat feeds) but if you expect me to feel sorry for the NFL after they blackout a preseason game for not selling out while charging full price for tickets you are barking up the wrrong wrong tree.

To me there is no moral standard in question here. The game was shown live in Cinci so why should I not be allowed to see it simply because of where I live.

It's not your property to make that determination with.

If you're a band with a song, do you want some guy in California to say, "I can buy the song if I want but why should I when I can get it for free?" When you do that, and so many here do that I know I'm talking to a wall, you hurt the artist.