GAMEDAY Live Stream for ALL NFL games this season

Just want to point something out about this whole toolbar/home page dilemma:

when you first download the program, it asks if you want to install the toolbar and make that webpage your homepage. all i did was uncheck the boxes and it didnt install either of them and i was able to watch the game just fine.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your taping=infringement. Your distribution also is infringement. You were a double infringer there.

His listening solely by himself may not be since he didn't actually "reproduce the copyrighted work," which is the exlcusive right of the copyright holder.

My sense is that the NFL is slowly moving toward a redefinition of infringement as they begin to recognize that there is more $ to be made from letting folks broadcast their product pretty widely rather than try to make a few extra nickels by demanding that folks pay them every time they broadcast the product.

This lesson is seen in an example such as how the band, the Grateful Dead marketed their product. Rather an insisting that everyone pay them a nickel for every recording of their music, the Dead instead not only allowed recording but in fact aided pirates to make high quality bootlegs of their concert.

This result in a huge "underground" market of their concerts being created, Dead followers setting up a caravan society to attend each concert, deadheads who attend when the Dead comes to their towns keeping careful records of their shifting set selection at each concert, etc.

The Dead realized that they could make a ton more money helping people advertise their product by making quality copies and sharing them with friends. Further, they created a premium on each individual concert which caused DeadHeads to buy tickets again and again, rather than they see one show and never buy again.

The NFL is also changing so that this is not your grandmother's NFL anymore. In the new regime which is really Pete Rozelle's original concept on steroid, there is now a recognition that though tactics like "blackouts" may have made sense in the old balkanized NFL where individual team owners made more # with ticket sales, now individual team owners make far more money from the TV networks.

In the old world blackouts and squeezing every extra nickel from televising product was the way to make $. In the new world, advertising the produce every chance you get and making the NFL even more a product of everyday life is the best way to get even more $ from the nets.

While the NFL has not yet moved to a DeadHead economic model, withe the advent of the current CBA we may see a more free-wheeling NFL in getting their product to the customer. Its really hard to do this right in the aborning world of the internet where the public is used to not paying for info, but we will see.

For anyone who cares about copyright law, viruses, or wants a clean stream to all the games, DirecTV is offering its NFL Ticket online to everyone for the first time this year. $350 for all the games streamed live to your PC. You do not need the DirecTV dish (which is good, if like me, you can't get DirecTV where you live).

I have done the streaming thing before for DirecTV and it's amazingly good. Not as good as watching in HD, but almost never cuts out and quality is good. Better than the B&W TV I used to watch in 1978.

DirecTV starts offering this for sale on Sept 8. Here's the link.

:thumbsup:

My sense is that the NFL is slowly moving toward a redefinition of infringement as they begin to recognize that there is more $ to be made from letting folks broadcast their product pretty widely rather than try to make a few extra nickels by demanding that folks pay them every time they broadcast the product.

This lesson is seen in an example such as how the band, the Grateful Dead marketed their product. Rather an insisting that everyone pay them a nickel for every recording of their music, the Dead instead not only allowed recording but in fact aided pirates to make high quality bootlegs of their concert.

This result in a huge "underground" market of their concerts being created, Dead followers setting up a caravan society to attend each concert, deadheads who attend when the Dead comes to their towns keeping careful records of their shifting set selection at each concert, etc.

The Dead realized that they could make a ton more money helping people advertise their product by making quality copies and sharing them with friends. Further, they created a premium on each individual concert which caused DeadHeads to buy tickets again and again, rather than they see one show and never buy again.

The NFL is also changing so that this is not your grandmother's NFL anymore. In the new regime which is really Pete Rozelle's original concept on steroid, there is now a recognition that though tactics like "blackouts" may have made sense in the old balkanized NFL where individual team owners made more # with ticket sales, now individual team owners make far more money from the TV networks.

In the old world blackouts and squeezing every extra nickel from televising product was the way to make $. In the new world, advertising the produce every chance you get and making the NFL even more a product of everyday life is the best way to get even more $ from the nets.

While the NFL has not yet moved to a DeadHead economic model, withe the advent of the current CBA we may see a more free-wheeling NFL in getting their product to the customer. Its really hard to do this right in the aborning world of the internet where the public is used to not paying for info, but we will see.

Hplarrm is the new crayonz.

Do you have Firefox? If so, go to Tools at the top of your screen and then click Add-ons. You can delete it from there.

Thanks for the info McGee, I hate when I get things that just pop in my toolbar like that. Didn't know how to get rid of it.

Just want to point something out about this whole toolbar/home page dilemma:

when you first download the program, it asks if you want to install the toolbar and make that webpage your homepage. all i did was uncheck the boxes and it didnt install either of them and i was able to watch the game just fine.

Come to think of it, I did the same thing. Yet the toolbar installed, anyway (not that unusual for foistware).

For some reason, I can't figure out how to delete this toolbar. I can hide it, but I can't get rid of it altogether.

You can go to the "Tools" menu in your browser and then click on "Add-ons" to uninstall or disable.

I used this to watch the Bengals game and have left it alone since. No problems here. I don't particularly like toolbars added to my browser but it doesn't appear to be creating any adverse effects to my computer.

The issue is that there is no apparent reason that download was needed - at all. It certainly didn't contain some magical video enabling technology that allowed you to see the game. It was put there for superfluous reasons and I suspect it is a crap way for this guy to make money.

This seems possible to me as well. Maybe he is trying to suck us in now with free feeds and then.....??? Or it could just be he is simply trying to make it easier for people to find things on his site by putting a search function in a toolbar.

So what's the deal with this V-share and bing thing? I had downloaded the thing to watch the live feed, shut it down at half time but now my firefox automatically goes to bing as my homepage and a little v-share icon at the top left.

Bing is an entirely different thing not associated with Vshare. Bing is a search engine(like Google) that is gaining recent popularity.

If you have a PC, just go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, and Uninstall V-Share Toolbar...

I didn't like the idea of installing garbage toolbars either, but it seemed to be harmless and uninstalled easily after the game.

Vshare is not in "Add/Remove Programs". It's simply a browser add-on that is under the tools menu.

Vshare is not in "Add/Remove Programs". It's simply a browser add-on that is under the tools menu.

Some of these tools are addons only in Firefox, but actually install as a program (listed in add/remove programs) if you use IE.

I'm doing some research on V-share now. I despise add-ons (particularly toolbars) like this as a rule. But for what it's worth, it seems relatively harmless (from what I know at the moment) and is considered to be one of the better (if not the best) youtube clone applications.

Even if it isn't dangerous, I share Fearless Leader's concern that it is a worthless addon that is foisted upon us simply for the revenue it brings to the site/person delivering the toolbar. I need to know this, if anyone has the answer: Did anyone disable the toolbar and then watch the game? If so, it seems like it is useless to this particular streaming process and is being distributed strictly for revenue and to build a base of installed users for future use.

I used it but did not try to disable it while watching the game. While it is possible that the toolbar is being used to generate revenue, I am not entirely convinced of that. Welcome to the wonderful world of social networking. The toolbar has a logo that links to the Vshare website, a search tool, a facebook link and a twitter link. None of these things will make money by themselves, but adding an additional component to do so certainly is possible. The toolbar appears to simply only link to web urls and nothing more.

How do I know these things? Well, I am a web developer and follow these kinds of things pretty closely. My guess is this person who advertised on this site, probably advertised on many other message boards as well. Very common practice. Sometimes, they use a bot to do it. A bot allows them to post in many message boards at once without actually visiting the site in person. Not saying that this is definitely what happened, just trying to explain how these things work to some degree.

Actually, depending upon whether an individual believes in some form of natural rights where the moral standard is set by what the decider determines is makes up the rules based on a natural right determined by the ultimate authority (often thought of as GOD by Descartes and others) or altermately if one concludes that rights are determined by some social covenant agreed to by individuals, then the moral standard can be determined by an individual.

My sense is that for the most part this is all sophistry.

Ultimately even if one is a solid believer in a natural rights perspective, in the end one makes a choice about whether to adopt the moral standard set forth in this natural rights system or not (example, one may have a firm belief that it is GOD's law which dictates things such as dairy should not be mixed with meat, but the fact that there was a practical reason not to mix a prime bacterial source (meat) with a great growth medium (dairy) in a time when refridgeration did not exist is beside the point even though there may be both excellent natural rights and social compact reasons for GOD's law)

Without regard to whether one ascribes to the social compact of property law or the natural law one can argue that there is a basic right and wrong here even if one totally disagrees as to where this right comes from.

:blink: What? :blink:

I used it but did not try to disable it while watching the game. While it is possible that the toolbar is being used to generate revenue, I am not entirely convinced of that. Welcome to the wonderful world of social networking. The toolbar has a logo that links to the Vshare website, a search tool, a facebook link and a twitter link. None of these things will make money by themselves, but adding an additional component to do so certainly is possible. The toolbar appears to simply only link to web urls and nothing more.

Maybe I wasn't completely clear in what I posted. Since you are involved in web development I'm sure you are aware of marketing agreements that pay per install. Some companies use the toolbar (Ask is notorious for this) as a pay per install marketing incentive, to those who distribute their wares. This gives them a broader "user base", and helps them market to developers.

Actually, depending upon whether an individual believes in some form of natural rights where the moral standard is set by what the decider determines is makes up the rules based on a natural right determined by the ultimate authority (often thought of as GOD by Descartes and others) or altermately if one concludes that rights are determined by some social covenant agreed to by individuals, then the moral standard can be determined by an individual.

My sense is that for the most part this is all sophistry.

Ultimately even if one is a solid believer in a natural rights perspective, in the end one makes a choice about whether to adopt the moral standard set forth in this natural rights system or not (example, one may have a firm belief that it is GOD's law which dictates things such as dairy should not be mixed with meat, but the fact that there was a practical reason not to mix a prime bacterial source (meat) with a great growth medium (dairy) in a time when refridgeration did not exist is beside the point even though there may be both excellent natural rights and social compact reasons for GOD's law)

Without regard to whether one ascribes to the social compact of property law or the natural law one can argue that there is a basic right and wrong here even if one totally disagrees as to where this right comes from.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Anyways. got my firefox all cleaned up and running smoothly. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Come to think of it, I did the same thing. Yet the toolbar installed, anyway (not that unusual for foistware).

I thought that I had disabled something(can't remember what) and was surprised to see a toolbar appear. At the time I thought it was my own mistake, but if not, I am not happy about getting something that you don't want. I guess I'll have to go through the install progress again to see.

Guest dog14787

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Anyways. got my firefox all cleaned up and running smoothly. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Yup, me to, knew right away I was sinner when I started watching the free feed. I realized two wrongs surely don't make a right, but the Bills game was dangling there in front of me like a big juicy, ripe apple, so I just had to take a bite. As I chewed down that apple I took comfort in knowing I was not alone and If I'm going to burn forever for watching this free game feed, many of my fellow Bills fans would also be joining me... (SDS to)

The moral of the story is if you break mans laws you can go to jail,

Break Gods laws and you can go to hell,

Oh,and one more thing, misery loves company :devil:

Edited by dog14787

I had it disabled as well, but for some reason the VSHARE logo was still at the top left of my toolbar.

I noticed there was an "X" just to the left of the logo as well. I clicked on the "X", and the logo disaappeared from my toolbar.

Bing is an entirely different thing not associated with Vshare. Bing is a search engine(like Google) that is gaining recent popularity.

I hear what you're saying about Bing, but if there's no connection, why change the user's home page? It's possible that someone is making money by including this Bing switcheroo.

Some of these tools are addons only in Firefox, but actually install as a program (listed in add/remove programs) if you use IE.

what he said - it was there, clear as day, in Add/Remove Programs and after uninstalling, VShare is no longer a choice in View | Toolbars or Tools | Manage Add-ons

What is the deal with the vshare toolbar? Are you getting paid to force people to install it?

and I'm very serious about the question.

Not everyone is literate in these matters. If you're really just doing this to make a buck on our community - then no thank you. Providing a service is one thing, but taking advantage of people is another. So, until we get a satisfactory response on the nature of that toolbar then your link will be removed.

Ah no Scott. I go to the site and some stream require a download. Delete the toolbar and it still works just fine. Im not out to make a buck here. Some people cant watch the games and Im more than happy to post them if its ok with u all. Most the links will come from different sites but insted of everyone searching around for different games, ill put them all in one post.

As I ran through these replys I must say something. I posted a couple links to the games. Some ask for a download and some dont. NONE of the sites I use pay me for anything. I just want to watch the friggin game. I watch the Yankees and Sabres the same way guys. You all act like you got a virus put on your computer or some crap. V-share download has a pop up that asks, DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD THE WARE TO STREAM? Here is some simple advice. DONT DOWNLOAD THE DAMN THING IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT A FRIGGIN VIRUS, USE YOUR HEAD!

As far as the games and as long as SDS let me, I will post the links for you all to use and enjoy. That goes for hockey also.

Not trying to be a ass here but dont blame me for your doing. Delete the toolbar and Vshare still works just fine! I use a bunch of other streamers also with no problems.

Some site u need them and some sites u dont. Its YOUR choice to download the ware to use it. Im not making any friggin money off of it.

Sorry so late to reply to all these posts, got a life outside of the internet fantasy world!

As I ran through these replys I must say something. I posted a couple links to the games. Some ask for a download and some dont. NONE of the sites I use pay me for anything. I just want to watch the friggin game. I watch the Yankees and Sabres the same way guys. You all act like you got a virus put on your computer or some crap. V-share download has a pop up that asks, DO YOU WISH TO DOWNLOAD THE WARE TO STREAM? Here is some simple advice. DONT DOWNLOAD THE DAMN THING IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT A FRIGGIN VIRUS, USE YOUR HEAD!

As far as the games and as long as SDS let me, I will post the links for you all to use and enjoy. That goes for hockey also.

Not trying to be a ass here but dont blame me for your doing. Delete the toolbar and Vshare still works just fine! I use a bunch of other streamers also with no problems.

Some site u need them and some sites u dont. Its YOUR choice to download the ware to use it. Im not making any friggin money off of it.

Sorry so late to reply to all these posts, got a life outside of the internet fantasy world!

Not sure why you take such offense. The question was simply asked, and now you answered it. I think it's great that you post the links, and as you say some have plugins and/or toolbars and others don't. You're clean in all this.

But it isn't uncommon for people, these days, to make a buck by getting others to install toolbars on a pay per install basis. I think SDS was merely being cautious and wondering if that's what was going on. I'm glad it isn't. The discussion on toolbars, whether the V-Share toolbar was needed, ways to disable or remove it, etc wasn't directed at you at all, IMO.