Pros and Cons- Week 3

AllDayADay

Need to watch the game at least one more time (not to sound like Trent after games), but these were some thoughts I had after watching the game

Pros-

Trent Edwards- 13 for 17, very accurate, just missed Lee on a bomb. Got the ball out quick, nice screen pass to C.J.

Spiller- Kid is a stud, even with the negative runs, which Im sure hell know not to do, even though he had no blocking. Hes a home-run threat.. gotta take the good with the bad.

Roscoe- Was tough, and good YAC. Didnt get a ton of playing time.

David Nelson- Looks to be a nice diamond in the rough, uses size well and runs decent routes. Should be on the active roster.

Arthur Moats- Great blitzer, and nice pursuit and good tackler.

George Wilson- All over the place and looks like a genuine leader out there.

Stroud and Edwards- Both looked great out there and moved well. Both got doubled a lot.

Cons-

Drayton Florence- Whats with the holding penalties? And got beat a couple of times.

General pass rush- Im hoping were not showing everything, but we need more pressure on the passer. Need to be more aggresive and more creative.

Run defense- Guys seem like theyre out of position sometimes. Could be without Kyle playing and a rookie in there.

O-line is too much to get into without watching the game again. Saw Green and Bell get beat a couple of times, but overall wasnt bad. Wood is looking good and always playing hard (pause)... Maybin getting some solid pressure, I know it happened at the end of the game, but come on.

The floor is yours...

Need to watch the game at least one more time (not to sound like Trent after games), but these were some thoughts I had after watching the game

Pros-

Trent Edwards- 13 for 17, very accurate, just missed Lee on a bomb. Got the ball out quick, nice screen pass to C.J.

Spiller- Kid is a stud, even with the negative runs, which Im sure hell know not to do, even though he had no blocking. Hes a home-run threat.. gotta take the good with the bad.

David Nelson- Looks to be a nice diamond in the rough, uses size well and runs decent routes. Should be on the active roster.

Stroud and Edwards- Both looked great out there and moved well. Both got doubled a lot.

Cons-

Drayton Florence- Whats with the holding penalties? And got beat a couple of times.

General pass rush- Im hoping were not showing everything, but we need more pressure on the passer. Need to be more aggresive and more creative.

Run defense- Guys seem like theyre out of position sometimes. Could be without Kyle playing and a rookie in there.

O-line is too much to get into without watching the game again. Saw Green and Bell get beat a couple of times, but overall wasnt bad. Wood is looking good and always playing hard (pause)... Maybin getting some solid pressure, I know it happened at the end of the game, but come on.

The floor is yours...

Cons

Stevie Johnson

Chad Jackson

Con

The only reason Reggie Corner got a pick 6 is because he was 5 yards behind the receiver and Palmer Pt. Deux missed the receiver by that much ... Corner was beaten badly on that play and got lucky. And that made it so the Bills stopped passing the ball, thus eliminating the Free Burrito coupon from Moe's in the GameDay program.

Pros-

Cons-

The floor is yours...

When did you see Bell get beat? I didn't. I saw Green and Levitre get beat though on that sack.

Pass rush is to me the biggest concern. They didn't get anywhere close to Palmer on the first two drives. I don't care how good our secondary is, we're going to get burned if we can't figure out a way to get some pressure.

They will. They are playing very basic. I think we will see more stunts and blitzes come regular season. That will help and also cause confusion for QB's; get their completion percentages a bit lower.

Con

The only reason Reggie Corner got a pick 6 is because he was 5 yards behind the receiver and Palmer Pt. Deux missed the receiver by that much ... Corner was beaten badly on that play and got lucky. And that made it so the Bills stopped passing the ball, thus eliminating the Free Burrito coupon from Moe's in the GameDay program.

Cheap bastard. Didn't you see the free Tim Hortons coffee coupon that you actually can use on Monday for a change? :w00t:

Everybody's alsways looking for a free lunch lol

Edited by beerme1

Cheap bastard. Didn't you see the free Tim Hortons coffee coupon that you actually can use on Monday for a change? :w00t:

Everybody's alsways looking for a free lunch lol

oh ... the free lunch is at the Adams Mark Hotel ... because we scored 3 TDs. I got my free lunch ... I just wanted a burrito, too.

Pros-

Cons-

The floor is yours...

Pros-

Cons-

The floor is yours...

con.....The D has given up the third most points in the preseason.The two that are worse are the teams we beat.

Con

Dude, I wouldn't even step foot in a Moe's, free or not; totally disgusting... Chipotle is where it starts and ends in the world of Big Burritos.

Pro: Spiller - Trent - Nelson - Fitz - Wildcat - coaching - OL play improvement

Cons: Special Teams - run defense - LB play - Cornell Green

Cornell Green is frightening bad. There were few runs to the right side because he was constantly being swamped. What was the point of his signing? Makes you nostalgic for the RT Langston Walker good old days.

Cornell Green is frightening bad. There were few runs to the right side because he was constantly being swamped. What was the point of his signing? Makes you nostalgic for the RT Langston Walker good old days.

Agreed. Has an FA signing ever been cut in camp before. Green is bucking for it.

PTR

They will. They are playing very basic. I think we will see more stunts and blitzes come regular season. That will help and also cause confusion for QB's; get their completion percentages a bit lower.

Spot on! I watched how they line up on the ball, and it looked the same almost every time; four down linemen. A few times in the 3rd quarter they mixed it up a bit. Maybin is improving on his pass rush; he just needs to use a few more moves to get around the tackle because I saw on a number of plays he was pushed all the way around to the back of the QB.

I'm not sold on Green either. Maybe Chambers should start or put Merideth at RT. Is Green still recovering from his injury?

I'm not sold on Green either. Maybe Chambers should start or put Merideth at RT. Is Green still recovering from his injury?

I don't know about his injury status, if there is an issue? What I do know is that for many years he was considered a pedestrian vagabond player. He is a fringe player at best. Even the Raiders were not going to keep him. They upgraded with Langston Walker. I don't know what was accomplished with his signing.

I always considered Chambers a marginal player. Compared to Green he is Hawaii bound for the pro-bowl game. Odds are that Green won't be able to maintain his starting position for long. Let's hope that he doesn't get our qb killed while he is on the field.