Now we know why Brohm was #3

After watching the Packers crush the Colts and seeing Matt Flynn whip the ball around the field, it's easy to see why Brohm slid down the Packers depth chart. Flynn looked better than some NFL starters, especially with all the talent around him.

I know, I know, it's Pre-season.......but, Flynn obviously felt comfortable out there tonight. Many Dismissed Brohm because he lost his starting job to a 7th round pick, it's obvious the Packers saw something promising in Flynn.

Just my 'drunken' thoughts. Go Bills!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this Flynn kids looks about 3 times better than Brian Brohm. Why is it when I watch these pre season games I see teams with 2, sometimes 3 QBs better than out best guy, whoever that is. Green Bay, Dallas, Seattle, New Orleans, Tennessee, and San Diego immediately come to mind. Is it coaching? Scouting? Drafting?

It's coaching more than anything and that's obvious. Jauron probably ruined Edwards with his unwillingness/inability to adjust, which led to Trent getting pummeled and losing his confidence. A lot of people like to think the BILLS don't have talent but coaching is the biggest difference between teams in the NFL and the team has been woefully lacking in that department, especially at the top.

It's coaching more than anything and that's obvious. Jauron probably ruined Edwards with his unwillingness/inability to adjust, which led to Trent getting pummeled and losing his confidence. A lot of people like to think the BILLS don't have talent but coaching is the biggest difference between teams in the NFL and the team has been woefully lacking in that department, especially at the top.

I agree, Jauron was so ignorant about the offense and the QB's. You could tell he thought a QB should carry an offense by themselves, rather then build an offense around them with proper support.

Which btw is something that still concerns me about the current Bills offense... considering protections can't have changed that much since last season. Basically the same O line and a less experienced O line coach. I suppose we will need to wait and see If Gailey can coach up both the QB's and tackles.

I agree, Jauron was so ignorant about the offense and the QB's. You could tell he thought a QB should carry an offense by themselves, rather then build an offense around them with proper support.

Which btw is something that still concerns me about the current Bills offense... considering protections can't have changed that much since last season. Basically the same O line and a less experienced O line coach. I suppose we will need to wait and see If Gailey can coach up both the QB's and tackles.

The personnel may have not chnaged, but the protection schemes may have changed to give the QB the extra second to look down. Also, the route running of WRs may have chnaged.

Agreed, this Flynn kids looks about 3 times better than Brian Brohm. Why is it when I watch these pre season games I see teams with 2, sometimes 3 QBs better than out best guy, whoever that is. Green Bay, Dallas, Seattle, New Orleans, Tennessee, and San Diego immediately come to mind. Is it coaching? Scouting? Drafting?

I would take Seattle off that list and add Washington and the Giants.

The Packers looked amazing last night. Rodgers has a laser for an arm. Colts look horrible.

Guest dog14787

18 years and only two starting QB's is amazing in itself, whats even more amazing is the first QB leads the NFL in almost every category(Brett Favre) and the 2nd QB Aaron Rodgers could very well be one of the best QB's that's ever played the game. The pocket awareness that Rodgers displays is incredible, along with the pin point accuracy, great running ability yadda, yadda yadda, is there anything Rodgers can't do well, I don't think so,

Even Graham Harrell has shown glimpses of potential throughout preseason (Packers 3rd stringer)so yes,I would venture to say the Packers know a thing or two about QB's.

And yet Brohm had that same coaching for two years and did nothing with it. But hey he's our savior right?

Its the blind hope that we as bills fans cling to, thinking that a bust we picked up could be the next BRady or Manning. Odds are that Brohm will never be a NFL #1 QB. 2nd Rounders dont usually get cut even with an average performance. Brohm is no better than what we had and dont be surprised to see him gone.

Guest dog14787

Its the blind hope that we as bills fans cling to, thinking that a bust we picked up could be the next BRady or Manning. Odds are that Brohm will never be a NFL #1 QB. 2nd Rounders dont usually get cut even with an average performance. Brohm is no better than what we had and dont be surprised to see him gone.

Brian Brohm's not going anywhere in my opinion,

You have to look at it from the head coaches perspective, Brohm or Fitzpartick are one injury away from starting and Levi Brown is not ready to play.

We will keep TE, Fitz and Brohm 1,2,3 on the roster and Levi's hitting the practice squad.

After watching the Packers crush the Colts and seeing Matt Flynn whip the ball around the field, it's easy to see why Brohm slid down the Packers depth chart. Flynn looked better than some NFL starters, especially with all the talent around him.

I know, I know, it's Pre-season.......but, Flynn obviously felt comfortable out there tonight. Many Dismissed Brohm because he lost his starting job to a 7th round pick, it's obvious the Packers saw something promising in Flynn.

It's not like Flynn wasn't a good collegiate QB. His sophomore year he led LSU to a win over Miami in the Peach Bowl. His senior year he led the Tigers to a win over Ohio State in the BCS National Championship and was named offensive MVP. Your right, people are too quick to dismiss Brohm because he lost the back up role to Flynn. The fact is that Flynn is a gamer. This doesn't mean that Brohm can't still be a good NFL quarterback.

And yet Brohm had that same coaching for two years and did nothing with it. But hey he's our savior right?

Is there ever anything positive to come out of your mouth?

I can't recall one person claiming he's our savior. but there is always that possibility, which some of us just like to hope for. just because he hasn't developed at the same rate as someone else doesn't mean squat. Some people learn faster than others sometimes, that's just life.

O-Line will not look nearly as bad as last year. Gailey runs a lot of misdirection and play-action. Plus this line is built to run block. If, and I say If, the team is capable of running early and often, Trent will be left with very makeable 3rd downs which will only need 3 step drops and quick releases. I am willing to wager that the Bills O-Line gives up no more than 2/3 the amount of sacks they let up last year and there is a very good chance they will let up less than half.

Agreed. Thought the same thing watching the game.

Is there ever anything positive to come out of your mouth?

I can't recall one person claiming he's our savior. but there is always that possibility, which some of us just like to hope for. just because he hasn't developed at the same rate as someone else doesn't mean squat. Some people learn faster than others sometimes, that's just life.

All the time but not when I read all this crap about a 3rd string QB being our savior after he couldn't even make a team where he had good coaching and consistency for 2 seasons.

Guest dog14787

O-Line will not look nearly as bad as last year. Gailey runs a lot of misdirection and play-action. Plus this line is built to run block. If, and I say If, the team is capable of running early and often, Trent will be left with very makeable 3rd downs which will only need 3 step drops and quick releases. I am willing to wager that the Bills O-Line gives up no more than 2/3 the amount of sacks they let up last year and there is a very good chance they will let up less than half.

I agree, Gailey is perfectly content to take what the defense gives you and methodically march the ball down the field and with players like CJ Spiller, Lee Evans, wait for the right opportunity, and just when the defense least expects it,

Lightning strikes...

You say that Trent lost his confidence over a few good hits...BS. Do you think a young Jim Kelly would lose confidence after a concussion? No way in hell. He would want to tear somebody's head off. Trent is a kitty, he never had "it" so how do you lose "it". This is Football, your gonna get rocked, especially a QB with a terrible line, but that's why they make tons of money. Quit making excuses for Trent, he's had more than his fair share of chances. Stop blaming the coaches and every other excuse you can come up with. He finally showed off his 1 testicle when he got hit in the Indy game, lost 1/2 of tooth and came back and threw a bomb to Evans. Now if his other nut will decend he may gain the "it" factor he's been missing.

I am amazed at how I just used the P _ _ _ y word to describe Trent and it turned into Kitty! Is somebody in my computer editing my vulgarity? I'm a little paranoid. Will my mouth suddenly taste soapy? I had no idea this site was policed, live and learn.