Foxsports sleeper pick for this year

Damian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could care less what any of these retards in the national media have to say about the bills; usually is a bunch of garbage anyways.

When the Bills win their division they will be speaking another toon. Anyone who makes predictions this time of year is stupid. The AFC North and NFC north are considered tough divisions but the Vikings and Green Bay could both suck.

guys i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the raiders arent that bad anymore. they have a very talented defense. they are talented at the skill positions on offense, especially since they acquired jason campbell. they could very well be around .500 or even 9-7 this year.

The Raider bandwagon has to crack you up!! How soon will these guys be jumping off and washing their hands of this Raidermania?!?!? The Silver and Black might be better this year - maybe better than the Bills. But to think the Raiders are going 9-7 is just crazy talk!! To believe that, you have to believe that their only weakness was their lazy-flake QB! More power to them for getting better - certainly, Campbell is a step forward at QB, but he's not another Manning brother! They just don't have enough talent, yet.

I'd love to hear what all these Raider-luvin' pundits will NOT be saying by the first weekend in November!! :oops:

Instead of ripping the guy how about trying to state how he is wrong? Oh thats right, no one can because he is dead on.

How can we be any worse than last year? Worst in the NFL? Doubtful.

When the Bills win their division they will be speaking another toon. Anyone who makes predictions this time of year is stupid. The AFC North and NFC north are considered tough divisions but the Vikings and Green Bay could both suck.

I believe the word is "tune". No offense intended but the Vikings and Packers will definitely not suck.

I would much rather be in the position of the Bills where everyone thinks they will be the worst in the league than someone like the Jets that everyone is expecting a deep playoff run from.

The sports media guys are almost always wrong which means Buffalo will be better than a lot of people think where as the Jets are almost certainly being set up to disappoint people.

I wouldn't describe special teams as excellent from what I've seen in preseason. They were excellent under Bobby April.

I actually do look forward to a bit more of an offense this year thanks to Gailey, but the Bills are limited by their QB situation and an offensive line that is still very raw and very unproven.

And you forgot to mention - very very bad.

What...we've played two preseason games, won one, with what may be the best run of the season, had a long bomb in the terrible redskins game. Sorry bout that mr Fox guy, but no way this is the worst or even close to the worst team in the NFL this season. Are we a sleeper for the playoffs? Probably not..but I see us close to a .500 with a nine win stretch goal. Sticking by that prediction, even though the powers that be didn't make the personnel moves I wanted. The 3-4 will get better and we'll have a very good running game (eat the clock game).

Peter Schrager of Foxsports makes his annual sleeper pick to make the playoffs here:

Foxsports Sleeper Pick

First he blasts the Bills:

ELIMINATED RIGHT AWAY

Buffalo Bills: New coach, new GM, new 3-4 defensive scheme, no space-eating DT on the roster, three unproven QBs in midst of underwhelming preseasons, no noted pass rushers and a tough, tough schedule. … Need any more reasons? The Bills could very well be the worst team in the NFL this season.

Then he goes on to pick the Raiders as his sleeper pick to make the playoffs...

New coach is a much better coach.

What is new about a 3-4?

The final 53 will add that space eater.

Unproven means very little if ONE can play

Your reasons sound like an excuse for not doing your homework.

Yes,I need more reasons.............these are speculation only

Instead of ripping the guy how about trying to state how he is wrong? Oh thats right, no one can because he is dead on.

New coach, new GM...Better coach, better GM. How is this bad?

New 3-4 defensive scheme...Give you that.

No space-eating DT on the roster...Torrell Troup and Lonnie Harvey. Besides them we have none. <_<

Three unproven QBs in midst of underwhelming preseasons...Define underwhelming? 34 points on the defending AFC champs? :blink:

No noted pass rushers...Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud

A tough, tough schedule...It's a 4th place schedule. He assumes a lot.

Need any more reasons?...Funny he forgets to mention our RBs and DBs.

The Bills could very well be the worst team in the NFL this season...We haven't been close to the worst team for years. So how did we get worse hiring a better coach and GM and get all our injured players back? Seriously?

Am I wrong with any of these?

PTR

That makes me angry. So what they got a QB in FA I bet we finish better than the Raiders

A GOOD QB and...

- 2 O-Linemen in the draft...pretty good ones too.

- The best MLB in the draft.

- A VERY good DT in the draft.

- Brought in (DE/OLB)Groves,(OLB)Wimbley and (DT)Henderson.

- Brought back (DE)Seymour.

- Grew the balls to cut dead weight such as Fargas, Walker and Ellis...not to mention Russell, a former #1 overall.

I would say they did better than us, most notably with free agency AND the draft...their draft was GREAT!

(I would LOVE to have EVERY one of those players on the Bills...They would ALL start.)

A GOOD QB and...

- 2 O-Linemen in the draft...pretty good ones too.

- The best MLB in the draft.

- A VERY good DT in the draft.

- Brought in (DE/OLB)Groves,(OLB)Wimbley and (DT)Henderson.

- Brought back (DE)Seymour.

- Grew the balls to cut dead weight such as Fargas, Walker and Ellis...not to mention Russell, a former #1 overall.

I would say they did better than us, most notably with free agency AND the draft...their draft was GREAT!

(I would LOVE to have EVERY one of those players on the Bills...They would ALL start.)

If you've been watching Oakland preseason, it's pretty easy to pick them as a 'sleeper.'

If you've been watching Oakland preseason, it's pretty easy to pick them as a 'sleeper.'

Or how about those scary Jets and Dolphins? They've been tearing it up in pre-season. Jets go 9 quarters without a TD. What a juggernaut.

PTR

Or how about those scary Jets and Dolphins? They've been tearing it up in pre-season. Jets go 9 quarters without a TD. What a juggernaut.

PTR

The Jets are my rock solid team to disappoint this year. If they don't get Revis in camp, the party is already over.

He has legitimate points, but some of those same legitimate points could be made in a positive way, and ARE made in a positive way about other teams.

For example, under "Worth Considering, but Not Happening", he writes about Jacksonville Jaguars:

"The Jags defense underwent an “Extreme Makeover: Defensive Line Edition” this offseason, getting rid of all of the old and bringing in a whole bunch of new.

The offensive line is still a question mark. I’m not certain Mike Thomas or Jarett Dillard are No. 2 receivers".

That could as fairly describe the Bills. The improvements on the Bills (real OC and QB coaching for the first time in years, Spiller, return of OL from injuries)

and their strengths (excellent secondary and special teams, talented RBs) could be acknowledged.

I wouldn't pick the Bills as a "sleeper", but the justification for picking them as the worst team in the NFL seems a little thin

Especially when he has this to say about a team that only won 1 more game than the Bills last year: The Miami Dolphins

"perennial playoff squads with rich history and tradition. All three should be very much in the thick of the playoff hunt this season" - really?

2007: 1-15, no playoffs

2008: 11-5, lost in the 1st game of the playoffs

2009: 7-9, 3rd in the division, no playoffs

Where do they GET this stuff?

From their little minds

We have a better team than last year's squad. We're more organized, and we have better talent. We've got a better coach.

We should have beaten New England. That loss turned the entire season into a debacle. Had our guy not fumbled that kickoff, we would've won the game and been the talk of the league for the right reason. We wouldn't have lost to Cleveland, etc.

Anyway, there's no way on God's Green Earth that this is the worst team in Pro Football. If there are those among us who actually feel this way, I don't get why they have to keep hammering that point. Misery loves company, but maybe not here.