Foxsports sleeper pick for this year

Damian

A GOOD QB and...

- 2 O-Linemen in the draft...pretty good ones too.

- The best MLB in the draft.

- A VERY good DT in the draft.

- Brought in (DE/OLB)Groves,(OLB)Wimbley and (DT)Henderson.

- Brought back (DE)Seymour.

- Grew the balls to cut dead weight such as Fargas, Walker and Ellis...not to mention Russell, a former #1 overall.

I would say they did better than us, most notably with free agency AND the draft...their draft was GREAT!

(I would LOVE to have EVERY one of those players on the Bills...They would ALL start.)

Let me state this right now and I will swear by this all season. The Raiders will not be a playoff team for one huge reason.....Jason Campbell. Trust me if he was good QB he would still be in Washington. Campbell has two huge faults that free agency has over looked.

- He can't read defenses..he is a nice guy but his processor runs slow when reading defenses.

- He doesn't win. Has never been a .500 QB. He will make the stupid mistake constantly. To take his team

out of the game. He is a coach killer. Cable beware.

So before you categorize him as good because of 4th quarter stats when they were out of the game.

You need to have a clear understanding who this guy has been for the last 3-4 years.

Edited by VADC Bills

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New coach, new GM...Better coach, better GM. How is this bad?

New 3-4 defensive scheme...Give you that.

No space-eating DT on the roster...Torrell Troup and Lonnie Harvey. Besides them we have none. <_<

Three unproven QBs in midst of underwhelming preseasons...Define underwhelming? 34 points on the defending AFC champs? :blink:

No noted pass rushers...Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud

A tough, tough schedule...It's a 4th place schedule. He assumes a lot.

Need any more reasons?...Funny he forgets to mention our RBs and DBs.

The Bills could very well be the worst team in the NFL this season...We haven't been close to the worst team for years. So how did we get worse hiring a better coach and GM and get all our injured players back? Seriously?

Am I wrong with any of these?

PTR

The "noted pass rushers" maybe? I'll believe it when I see it.

Other than that I'm with you, Promo.

I'll be happy if we just play decent, entertaining football but....worst in the league? I agree, I don't see it. And I"ll be disappointed if I do.

What rots me is what seems like "over the top" negativity, other teams have as much change and as many question marks, yet written up with a much more positive "spin"

And, with their strengths noted, while B'lo strangely, doesn't seem to have any????? according to these writers.

While other teams get bizarro world praise -- in what alternate universe does a great 2008 season make Miami a "perennial playoff contender" of recent?

C'mon, peeps, do some homework.

I wouldn't describe special teams as excellent from what I've seen in preseason. They were excellent under Bobby April.

I actually do look forward to a bit more of an offense this year thanks to Gailey, but the Bills are limited by their QB situation and an offensive line that is still very raw and very unproven.

OK, from what I've seen this preseason, I must agree --- but articles such as the one we're discussing here draw heavily on 2009 performance

We both agree there also - 2009, Bills special teams were a strength and could have been acknowledged as such by the author

I agree on the QB and the offensive line, too. My point is that other teams in similar situations seem to get better press.

Hopefully the Bills players will use such stuff as locker room motivation