Akin Ayodele released by Denver

bowery4

I usually hate the idea of bringing in cast-offs, but have you seen our linebacking corps? It's pathetic. Sullivan outlines it pretty well: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article171434.ece. He's 30 years old and can play a position we're sorely lacking at. Why not bring him in? It's not like he's going to stunt the development of Arthur Moats or something. Could he be any slower than Pozluzny even at 30?

Will there be a thread calling for the Bills to sign every player cut over the next

few weeks? ..........................

Yes, that's the way it works. It's not a bad thing either. It's not as if the Bills roster couldn't be up upgraded in most areas.

As a one time, part-time Broncos fan, I have to say, I think their new coach is a clown. I am not sure what happened to Pat Bowlen, the owner, but the wheels seem to be falling off the cart in Denver. Ayodele would be a very sensible pick-up for the Bills.

It's the Belichick style of putting your stamp on a franchise. I think he's got a little Napolean in him but some of his moves I do agree with. I think Cutler is a douche who kills teams with turnovers. Marshall is a possible woman beater who quit on his team. They got good value for players who never took them anywhere.

But obviously, his coaching will revolve around how Tebow develops. They surprised last year and ran out of steam. They are in a very winnable division so you never know.

Well with Torbor signed I think we were set at LB However with our weakness at OLB it looks like Torbor is going to be one of the starters at OLB. Which leaves only Mitchell as a good back up at LB. Adding Ayodele would give us a nice back up at MLB and would allow Mitchell to be a flex backup at MLB/OLB while Ayodele is just a MLB backup.

All in all it would upgrade the depth at the roster and considering Davis is sort of old and Poz is a bit injury prone so we need some depth at MLB.

Steve Tasker was one of those cast-offs once.

Not exactly.

Yeah, he was signed off waivers, but back then that was how you brought a player back off of IR. It's not like the Eulers weren't pissed that the Bills grabbed him.

Well with Torbor signed I think we were set at LB However with our weakness at OLB it looks like Torbor is going to be one of the starters at OLB. Which leaves only Mitchell as a good back up at LB. Adding Ayodele would give us a nice back up at MLB and would allow Mitchell to be a flex backup at MLB/OLB while Ayodele is just a MLB backup.

All in all it would upgrade the depth at the roster and considering Davis is sort of old and Poz is a bit injury prone so we need some depth at MLB.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. well put. He played OLB for the Jags as well, I think those were his best years.

It's the Belichick style of putting your stamp on a franchise. I think he's got a little Napolean in him but some of his moves I do agree with. I think Cutler is a douche who kills teams with turnovers. Marshall is a possible woman beater who quit on his team. They got good value for players who never took them anywhere.

But obviously, his coaching will revolve around how Tebow develops. They surprised last year and ran out of steam. They are in a very winnable division so you never know.

To say that Marshall and Cutler "never took them anywhere" is kind of silly. They are both in the infancy of their careers. They were coming off huge years, together, before the little tyrant busted them up. I realize that people are divided on Cutler, but, like a lot of guys, with the right coach, he can be a stud. He needs to cut down on ints', but the guy is a great athlete, and can sling it with the best of them. He is still very young.

I am no Mike Martz fan, but, I think he and Cutler will surprise some folks this year. I would still take Cutler over any of the other stiffs on the Broncos roster. The fans in Denver can't stand Josh McDaniels...maybe like Belichick in Cleveland, it will take getting canned to right his ship. McDaniels just can't get along with any player. I can't stand the kid. Cutler may be a "douche", but I think McDaniels handled him very poorly.

I usually hate the idea of bringing in cast-offs, but have you seen our linebacking corps? It's pathetic. Sullivan outlines it pretty well: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article171434.ece. He's 30 years old and can play a position we're sorely lacking at. Why not bring him in? It's not like he's going to stunt the development of Arthur Moats or something. Could he be any slower than Pozluzny even at 30?

You should never, ever reference Sullivan as a backup for your information. It invalidates any point you were trying to make whether it is a good one or not.