LAMP Dropped off my son at School

dib

It was the hardest thing I've ever done. He's at Florida State, 8 hours away by car, and no airport. The good news is that he sent a photo of his dorm room with his Bills and Sabres posters prominently dispayed.

Love your kids because 17 years isnt enough.

It was the hardest thing I've ever done. He's at Florida State, 8 hours away by car, and no airport. The good news is that he sent a photo of his dorm room with his Bills and Sabres posters prominently dispayed.

Hang in there, man! He picked a great School. :thumbsup:

BTW you can fly into Tallahassee airport. I've flown in there from Tampa numorus times for FSU games.

http://www.talgov.com/airport/commercial.cfm

(800) 433-7300

Daily flights to Miami and Dallas/Ft.Worth.

(United Airlines code share)

(800) 523-3273

Daily flights to Tampa, Orlando, West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.

(800) 221-1212

Daily flights to Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, and Memphis with connections to destinations around the world.

You should have told me you were in town dib, we could have grabbed a beer. He did pick a good school though. :thumbsup: Our Bills backers numbers have been dwindling in the recent years, but theres still a few of us that go watch all the games. He's welcome to join us!

And last time i checked, there's an airport here in tallahassee...unless i've been mysteriously flying out fo somewhere else the last 7years.

Thank God he did not choose the University of Florida :thumbsup: Hope both of you do well in this next phase of his young life. Glad to know there are good parents out there like you who care for and support their kids.

I hear ya dib, dropped #2 child (#1 daughter) off a little over a week ago. :thumbsup:

Interesting, they do their soriety rush before classes start. As a parent I like that idea a whole lot better than doing it in the middle of the fall semester.

Don't worry she is a chip off of the "mom block" so she'll do well. :worthy: She seems pretty grounded and level headed so her future is bright. Lord knows she is light years more mature than I was at her age.

He'll never admit it, but after a couple weeks of anxiety and getting adjusted he'll realize he misses you as much as you miss him.

Good luck to your son. I am sure he will do fine. Our daughter leaves tomorrow morning for a semester abroad in Denmark. I am finding this one harder than dropping her off at school two years ago.

I can respect your pain, my daughter just started high school, and I know in a blink of an eye she will be gone. hang tough brother. :thumbsup:

Thank God he did not choose the University of Florida :w00t: Hope both of you do well in this next phase of his young life. Glad to know there are good parents out there like you who care for and support their kids.

Amen... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Wife and I babysat the neighbor's baby last night. Man, My kid's only 7, but it seems like all that baby stuff just happened yesterday.

Before you know it, bam. He's living elsewhere 8 months out of the year.

HE?!?! I have a son somewhwere??!? :thumbsup:

:angry:

:ph34r:

Not sure where I got that from, I distinctly remember you saying that you have a daughter before. :w00t:

Then again, maybe you do have a son, from the JoeSixPack days :w00t: