Observations from Colts/Bills

Guest dog14787

It's a blog and I'll give the guy a typo. But add this to the list, too:

Bills coach Chan Gailey said of the sequence: "I have never anything less would happen to be honest with you. All of our guys have moxie. You've got to have moxie to play quarterback in this league. I was impressed with that, really impressed with it. I asked after he got hit 'Are you OK?' He didn't even flinch. ... I think he's a tough guy."

Did Chan really say ""I have never anything less would happen..."?

I havent watched the game, but i'm going to have to after reading this:

The Bills' defense gave Peyton Manning some problems. He completed 8 of 15 passes for 91 yards and one touchdown with one interception. His 66.3 passer rating was less than half of Edwards'.

This can't be the Buffalo Bills they're talking about... we must have found a wormhole

Guest dog14787
Let's not get all shatty in our panties yet...but the improvement from the first to the second game was significant.

Yes it was significant and against a team that played in the big dance a season ago,

Let's not get all shatty in our panties yet...but the improvement from the first to the second game was significant.

If you overreact to the first game, you exposed yourself as a moron anyways. By the logic some displayed last week, the Bills are going to the SB now that they beat the Colts.

I take umbrage with TG's comment about Maybin. This is the second time in 6 days he played the whole game. He's getting the reps with the D Jauron would simply not allow. It's his first pre-season and I suspect he'll be starting @ OLB vs. Miami. Freak speed and experience. Not a bad combo.

But what do I know..

I take umbrage with TG's comment about Maybin. This is the second time in 6 days he played the whole game. He's getting the reps with the D Jauron would simply not allow. It's his first pre-season and I suspect he'll be starting @ OLB vs. Miami. Freak speed and experience. Not a bad combo.

But what do I know..

Really? maybin ran with the backups and only got garbage time play. he wasnt making plays against the backups. Just dancing around after he made tackles downfield. looked foolish to me. Not encouraging.

Two more games to improve, two more to build upon, two more to solidify as a team. The pieces aren't perfect but this team can win if they can weather injuries and effectively gel as a unit on offense and defense, and Gailey and his staff MUST game plan effectively (something DJ and crew rarely did). If they do, our record will be better than expected. The Pats have holes (like if they don't re-sign Mankins), the Jets are without Revis and WITH Sanchez, and the Dolphins are a question mark like us.

Nobody knows the future but I believe my expectations should be moderate (not horrible) up until about four or five games into the season and we know where we stand. How many teams like the Pats, Colts, or others are an injury or two away from being bad (Brady, Moss, Manning, Wayne, etc)? Anything can happen to any team so hope springs eternal.

P.S. Spiller will be a star in this league someday and I just bought a Lynch jersey. Call me crazy!

Really? maybin ran with the backups and only got garbage time play. he wasnt making plays against the backups. Just dancing around after he made tackles downfield. looked foolish to me. Not encouraging.

I agree. He even was rubbing shoulders with some Colts players as though he was some sort of big shot. I have not been impressed with him, ever. Bum!

The game was encouraging, but the real test is the real season.

I agree Doc, but I can tell you I feel a lot better about the Bills now than I did against the Skins. Let me enjoy this for a little while. Preseason or not, it was so much fun and so enjoyable to see us play well. That's coming from one pessimistic SOB.

Did anyone see him chase down 4th string QB Tim Brandstater with two minutes left, get in on the tackle, then start yelling at him? Seriously? You're an unproven, disappointing-thus-far 11th overall draft pick, and your jawing at someone who's guaranteed to not be on the team in two weeks? Give me a break.