A fast start is the key.

You know guys, this is about my 15th head coaching change in 45 years.

There is one thing that I think is worth mentioning here.

A fast start is the key.

Win a few games early and the sky is the limit.

Lose, the players question the coaching, the draft, the GM and they slip into a season long coma.

Somehow we need to beat those freakin Dolphins!

-Diehard 1967

A fast start is the key.

Lose, the players question the coaching, the draft, the GM and they slip into a season long coma.

-Diehard 1967

OK, let's say we charge outta the gate like a greyhound on a rabbit & squish the fish... then Yippee...reality check time. The Pack & The Pats on their turf. Can you say 1 & 2 ? I doubt if we'll be beaming with confidence come October.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting out of the gate fast would be great for this team. Not only would it mean that we are winning, it would give the team a lot of confidence. I wonder how last year's team would have turned out if we had beaten the Pats* in the first game (as we should have but for a botched return and some bad penalties).

I couldn't agree more that a fast start is the key to a good season. Unfortunately, this schedule is going to be pretty tough right out of the gate. If they do by chance, start out 3-2 or so, this could be a pretty damn good season.

A fast start is the key.

-Diehard 1967

completely agreed. this is also why i was happy with the pre-season wins as well. even though they dont really mean anything, it helps to change the culture of this team and get the guys on a roll. if we wouldve had an abysmal preseason, we'd be screwed.

if we beat the Dolphins and give GB a good game, it'll definitely help us in the long run.

otherwise... we might as well start looking at the QBs in next years draft and start planning our pick.

I don't think starts are as important as finishes. It looks like the Bills have bought into Gailey's methods and I believe will stick with him all year. IMO, how they finish will be the key for this team. I'd rather have them lose the first four games but keep getting better and win the last four. That would give them greater confidence going into next year. JMO

A fast start is the key.

-Diehard 1967

welcome back......

i can't remember an opener being more important as an indication of the season to come....

if we win, then i like our chances to be mediocre again with 6-8 wins.

if we lose, then i'm holding my breath, cause 2 - 3 wins is likely.

we just gotta win this game !

Edited by papazoid