mnf crew badmouths bills

gobills123

Those guys always pick on teams this way. I thought some of those names were clever.

Not too long ago it was the "Aints" and "Bungals." It seems like I have also heard "Jests" and "Dullphins."

... and we can thank Stewart Scott for referring to us as the "Ills" on multiple occasions.

ill can be interepreted as good though.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats a rettata. Im thinkin its either a noodle or a dance move.

Isn't it a breakfast dish with onions, peppers, potatoes and eggs all mixed together?

As for the no respect from anyone. Screw 'em all. including you doom and gloomers. I am going to take great personal pleasure in the Bills proving everyone wrong. You all can save this and blast me at the end of the year if I am wrong. But we will be respected by the end of the year.

theres nothin wrong with showing pride in your team. youd be lying if you said comments like those dont bother you even a little bit.

You're right, they do bother me. They bother me in the sense that it's a reminder that this organization hasn't been able to put a playoff caliber football team on the field for a decade. The guys themselves at ESPN making the comments don't bother me in the least. They are paid to give their opinions on what is going on in the NFL, if they can't bash the Bills then who can they bash?

Freddy Coleman and that little nerd John Clayton were dogging the Bills on ESPN radio the other day in a similar manner that the Jerk Store on Monday Night Countdown was. All these talking heads and know-it-alls have the same opinion and no one thinks outside the box about the Bills, or the City in General (not opening that can of worms). Granted, their performance the other night didn't swing any heads around but one of these clowns should buck the trend a little and grow a pair! If they don't, then whatever. My thing is...Let the Haters HATE

I'm still standing!

Quite frankly I am surprised they took the various Jets player's dicks out of their mouths to make any comments at all.

I agree completely. They probably could not have put Gruden in particular on camera even if that had wanted too without getting a X rating.

As I've mentioned in the past, since I moved to San Francisco I no longer tell people I'm from Buffalo, I tell them I'm from southern CA (spent 1983-2009 there). That way they just hate me instead of feel sorry for me.

Sad, dude. I lived in Southern California for a while and its a very superficial place. I would hate to say I'm from there. I always tell people I'm originally from Buffalo. Then their next question is always "so are you a Bills fan" with a look of some astonishment. When I answer yes they always have respect for my character after that even though they might think I'm crazy.

No offense but the MNF guys are spot on. The Bills suck, and have for 10 years! Every AFC East team looks at the Bills and says "two wins there". This is going to be a long year. Franchise QB pick for 11, here we come!

Yeah I completely Agree

Lets hope we Get Jake Locker and draft for OT

I was just watching sportscenter before the monday night football pregame show started and mike ditka, keyshawn johnson, cris carter, and tom jackson just completely mocked the bills. They were talking about how the giants are in a much tougher division than the jets are. I dont remember the exact words so im going from what i remember... Ditka goes "the giants have to face the redskins, eagles, and cowboys and all the jets have to deal with is the patriots and maybe the dolphins, and then ditka goes "forget about buffalo, they never win in buffalo" and someone else said "yeah they dont have to ever worry about the bills." And the whole crew just started dying, laughing hysterical saying "hah the bills, hah." I wanted to jump threw the screen and beat them all. I hope to god we shock the world and then ill send in a nice letter to that crew and then see what they have to say.

Jesus Christ, get over it. This attitude is breeding a massive inferiority complex. The only way to stop the talk is to put together a solid football program. Until then, sit back and accept that, as much as you might not like it, they're right.

I was just watching sportscenter before the monday night football pregame show started and mike ditka, keyshawn johnson, cris carter, and tom jackson just completely mocked the bills. They were talking about how the giants are in a much tougher division than the jets are. I dont remember the exact words so im going from what i remember... Ditka goes "the giants have to face the redskins, eagles, and cowboys and all the jets have to deal with is the patriots and maybe the dolphins, and then ditka goes "forget about buffalo, they never win in buffalo" and someone else said "yeah they dont have to ever worry about the bills." And the whole crew just started dying, laughing hysterical saying "hah the bills, hah." I wanted to jump threw the screen and beat them all. I hope to god we shock the world and then ill send in a nice letter to that crew and then see what they have to say.

This is what happens when you suck for a decade.

They are right.

The only way we can do anything about it is to become a good team. And that's not going to happen this year.

Isn't it a breakfast dish with onions, peppers, potatoes and eggs all mixed together?

As for the no respect from anyone. Screw 'em all. including you doom and gloomers. I am going to take great personal pleasure in the Bills proving everyone wrong. You all can save this and blast me at the end of the year if I am wrong. But we will be respected by the end of the year.

Yeah, by the end of the year, we'll respect you.

But meanwhile we have to watch you go through the whole ...

"The Bills are going to be awesome"

to

"We still have a mathematical chance at the playoffs"

to

"8 - 8 wouldn't be so bad"

to

"I was wrong, we suck" cycle that is so boring to watch year after year after year.

It hurts but it is true.

Comments like this come with the territory when you have a long history of being bad. If more media ridiculed the Bills maybe Ralph would get his Depends in a knot and actually hire some quality management.

And yet somehow the Bills beat the Jets last year.

Yup. Of course, we needed one of the worst games by a QB in recent NFL history to do it. Sanchez was pretty bad through the first twelve games or so, but we happened to catch is absolute worst game. 5 INTs, and they weren't because of our ability to rush the passer or our brilliant secondary. They were just bad throws.

Meanwhile, by playoff time, he was a whole different player. And they got better in the offseason.

What did you expect them to say? Watch out for Trent Edwards and them Bills? Did you watch the game Friday? We were already expected to be bad and then went out and played even worse than that.

I am still optimistic about this team and the direction it is going, but come on, you cant get your panties in a wad every time someone points out that we stink when thats all we have done the last few years and in our only preseason game. Every person should pick us to finish last at this point until we can PROVE otherwise on the field.

I hear what ur saying, but it just pisses me off how everyone writes us off already. Believe me, i know we looked freakin terrible against washington. But come on now, the dolphins go 1-15 one season, and the next season they win the divsion. The dolphins were absolutely terrible the year they went 1-15. And i know we looked absolutely terrible in the first preseason game. But the last i checked, the preseason doesnt mean anything. All the years we made the superbowl we were always going 0-4 or 1-3 in the preseason. The lions went 4-0 in the preseason the year they went 0-16. These analysts and fans automatically assume that if ur bad one year, the next year ur guna be bad again, and vice versa. Two years ago the browns went 10-6 and barely missed the playoffs. All the analysts were saying how they were a lock to get the wildcard the next year. And the next year they didnt even come closel. You cant keep judging teams from what they did the previous year. Again, i know we looked aweful the other nite, but even jim kelly never played good in the preseason. We dont gameplan for preseason games. Once week one starts and we start gameplanning, then we'll see what we really look like.

remember the years of 1-12-1, 4-10, 3-10, 1-13, 2-12, 3-11, 2-14 (x2), 4-12, and 3-13?

while I seriously hope I am wrong, I really think that the we are looking at one of those seasons this year.

I don't see it.

This team has has bad QBs and bad coaching for a while now, and has had the following results:

6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 5-11, 9-7, 6-10, 8-8 and hasn't picked higher than #8 in that eight year span.

Now suddenly something has changed worse than the past and we are the laughing stock? We are not the laughing stock for any given single year, we are only that way because we haven't made the playoffs in a while. I think that will happen again this year, and anybody who things we are one of the worst 2 or 3 teams in the league is just doing lazy journalism and overestimating a bunch of other teams.

I'm also not convinced that the 1-15 top pick cleansing that people point to with Indy, the 80s Cowboys, the recent Fish is that helpful. I won't repeat myself from another post, but I think a lot more 6-10 teams vault to being contenders and not just the 1-15 ones, especially with the huge Jamarcus Russell paydays that are involved now. I'd rather have a Roethlisberger type pick at #11 in a deep class than hope for the Peyton Manning franchise changer.

Until the Bills prove otherwise, they are losers. There's only one way to gain respect in the NFL and that is to WIN football games. Until that happens, we can routinely expect these types of comments from media types.

You'd think anyone who has rooted for the Bills most of their life would have developed thicker skin.

Dude, I love the Bills. And *I* mock them...

Dude believe me we all mock them. I do a lot too haha. All im saying is, even though we have been absolutely terrible for ten straight years, and freakin aweful in preseason game number one, im saying that we cant judge off of preseason games. You never know. Lions went 4-0 in preseason, went 0-16 in the real season. our four straigh superbowl years we were aweful in preseason.