[please fix subject]Jake Locker

beggar13

I am completely at peace with the miserable season we are going to have. The fact of the matter is we are never going to move forwards as a franchise without a legit staring QB. Let's take our lumps, draft Jake Locker, and move forward.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

I am not a college football fan, but I am going to watch every Huskies game I possibly can. I have watched a ton of highlight footage on this kids and I get crazy excited at the mere notion he could be our QB next season. For every game the Bills lose, hopefully I will be able to offset the experience of watching that game by watching Jake Locker have an amazing game that will eventually lead him to a Heisman trophy. I just hope to see us lose a lot of games while still showing signs of improvement in areas other than QB. After the first preseason game against the Skins, I don't know if that's going to happen, but one can always hope.

Why is everyone getting so amped up about this guy, he wont play for us even if we draft him. He has baseball, and i'm willing to bet that just like Elway, Locker will not play for a team he doesn't like. Besides that, I don't think he's very good to begin with, and yes, I have seen some games and all the highlight reels.

I am completely at peace with the miserable season we are going to have. The fact of the matter is we are never going to move forwards as a franchise without a legit staring QB. Let's take our lumps, draft Jake Locker, and move forward.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

I am not a college football fan, but I am going to watch every Huskies game I possibly can. I have watched a ton of highlight footage on this kids and I get crazy excited at the mere notion he could be our QB next season. For every game the Bills lose, hopefully I will be able to offset the experience of watching that game by watching Jake Locker have an amazing game that will eventually lead him to a Heisman trophy. I just hope to see us lose a lot of games while still showing signs of improvement in areas other than QB. After the first preseason game against the Skins, I don't know if that's going to happen, but one can always hope.

The bills will take a 1 year wonder, situational pass rusher with the first pick in the draft. Oh yeah they already did that with Maybe. Who drafted Kelly, Bruce, Wolford? Get tht guy back to run our draft.

Locker won't be there when we pick.

Do you believe this to be the case because we are going to go another season winning six or seven games? God, I hope not! I would rather finish 0-16 and lock in that first pick than be picking in the 10th or 11th spot again! I love the Bills and hate to see them lose, but it's just a necessity if we are truly going to begin rebuilding from the ground up.

Buddy and Chan have had a plan all along, and it has been to take our lumps this year and get a QB they really like as opposed to settling on one from this past year's draft just because just because QBs were available that they didn't really believe in.

Not everyone is sold on Locker as NFL capable.

Count me in as one who thinks the Locker hype is unwarranted. I believe that this is a case where the guy's measurables have the collective masses salivating over his potential (a la Jamarcus Russell). And yes, I do watch a lot of college football and have watched Jake Locker a good deal. I'm underwhelmed by his decision-making and accuracy, and would rather not have this guy be the hypothetical QB of the future if we are in a position to take him (assuming, of course, his draft stock doesn't tank to Jevon Snead levels).

Ryan Mallett, on the other hand...

Do you believe this to be the case because we are going to go another season winning six or seven games? God, I hope not! I would rather finish 0-16 and lock in that first pick than be picking in the 10th or 11th spot again! I love the Bills and hate to see them lose, but it's just a necessity if we are truly going to begin rebuilding from the ground up.

Buddy and Chan have had a plan all along, and it has been to take our lumps this year and get a QB they really like as opposed to settling on one from this past year's draft just because just because QBs were available that they didn't really believe in.

Going 0-16 is a necessity towards getting better? The Detroit Lions would like to have a word with you.

Going 0-16 is a necessity towards getting better? The Detroit Lions would like to have a word with you.

Not getting better, just securing that number one pick.

Seriously, I watch this video and like what I see....a lot! I understand every one has their own opinion, but I think this kid looks great. Any then again, this season could turn him into Brohm. We'll see soon enough...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMfiq9CXss8

these man crush posts need to stop.

What needs to stop is the fodder we have trotted out at QB the last 4 years.

It really hit home the comment about how long will the organization will continue to spit in the face of the fans by not getting a real QB. Maybe Ralph will eventually follow the lead of his fellow octogenarian Al Davis who took 3 years to realize Jamarcus Russell was a complete and total bum. Too bad the fans had to put up with Davis' ego that thought it was just coaching and time that was needed to polish that turd into a diamond.

Ralph may actually admit that he made a mistake. Hopefully he will realize that Trent Edwards is not tough enough, despite Gailey's company man endorsement, and see that he crumbles once a glove is laid on him. He shows enough in practice to fool the coaches to get the start and then plays like a scared biatch when the bullets start flying. How many years of tape showing the same thing do they need to see to finally get it?

They are definately going to take some lumps this year. This team is not very good. Maybe they are anticipating a new Labor deal with a rookie salary cap. Then the huge risk factor in taking a QB early in the draft would be alleviated. This organization, with RW leading the way, does think about money first in most matters. Maybe they have to, because of the market their in. I don't know how much this team makes bottom line, but I do think decisions are made based on the bottom line. I do know they don't have the kind of money teams like Dallas have, so maybe it's a survival issue.

What needs to stop is the fodder we have trotted out at QB the last 4 years.

It really hit home the comment about how long will the organization will continue to spit in the face of the fans by not getting a real QB. Maybe Ralph will eventually follow the lead of his fellow octogenarian Al Davis who took 3 years to realize Jamarcus Russell was a complete and total bum. Too bad the fans had to put up with Davis' ego that thought it was just coaching and time that was needed to polish that turd into a diamond.

Ralph may actually admit that he made a mistake. Hopefully he will realize that Trent Edwards is not tough enough, despite Gailey's company man endorsement, and see that he crumbles once a glove is laid on him. He shows enough in practice to fool the coaches to get the start and then plays like a scared biatch when the bullets start flying. How many years of tape showing the same thing do they need to see to finally get it?

i dont disagree.

But do we need a several threads a day on a draft prospect for the draft in 9 months?