Nic Harris signs with Carolina

Thoner7

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tq...s&nid=77204

Just heard this announced. Should be a great signing for the Panthers. IMO Harris showed he was a real gamer last year but he didnt play much in true Dicky J fashion. His skill set to me didnt fit the 34, but I bet he finds a lot of success in carolina.

Good luck to him.

PS why are Ellison and Kelsay still on teh roster when guys like Harris are getting cut? I know he failed his physical, but here we are just 2 weeks later and he seemed to pass Carolinas physical...

http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/player.php?tq...s&nid=77204

Just heard this announced. Should be a great signing for the Panthers. IMO Harris showed he was a real gamer last year but he didnt play much in true Dicky J fashion. His skill set to me didnt fit the 34, but I bet he finds a lot of success in carolina.

Good luck to him.

PS why are Ellison and Kelsay still on teh roster when guys like Harris are getting cut? I know he failed his physical, but here we are just 2 weeks later and he seemed to pass Carolinas physical...

you answered your own question

you answered your own question

No I didnt. Kelsay and Ellison dont fit the 34 mold, AND are not good. Harris at least played well, showed promise, and could fit into the system better than both of those two.

I am pretty sure Kelsay hasnt even participated in practice yet.

No I didnt. Kelsay and Ellison dont fit the 34 mold, AND are not good. Harris at least played well, showed promise, and could fit into the system better than both of those two.

I am pretty sure Kelsay hasnt even participated in practice yet.

I think he meant the failed physical part.

Good for Harris. Really liked him a lot, would've preferred he be kept instead of Ellison.

I second all three of your points, Cash:

- Good for Harris

- Like him a lot

- and would have preferred him over Ellison.

It used to be when guys left Buffalo their careers would sputter and it seemed like a good move.

However, that was prior to the "aughts" and guys like Williams, Bannon, Leonhard, Wire, Fletcher, etc.

I second all three of your points, Cash:

- Good for Harris

- Like him a lot

- and would have preferred him over Ellison.

It used to be when guys left Buffalo their careers would sputter and it seemed like a good move.

However, that was prior to the "aughts" and guys like Williams, Bannon, Leonhard, Wire, Fletcher, etc.

The only one who I'd like to see here still is big Pat. The rest of those guys aren't that good. I can't believe that after all of those years of people beating on Coy Wire, he makes it into a post about players we should have kept instead of let go.

By the way, it doesn't matter who of Kelsey, Harris, Ellison, McCargo, etc we keep this year because all of them will be gone after the 2010 season. None of them fit the defense we are trying to run going forward and none of them are good enough now to be worthwhile keeping for situational 4-3 looks, with the possible exception of Kelsey (but the more I see Ellis play, the mroe I wonder if he'll get the ax this season).

The only one who I'd like to see here still is big Pat. The rest of those guys aren't that good. I can't believe that after all of those years of people beating on Coy Wire, he makes it into a post about players we should have kept instead of let go.

By the way, it doesn't matter who of Kelsey, Harris, Ellison, McCargo, etc we keep this year because all of them will be gone after the 2010 season. None of them fit the defense we are trying to run going forward and none of them are good enough now to be worthwhile keeping for situational 4-3 looks, with the possible exception of Kelsey (but the more I see Ellis play, the mroe I wonder if he'll get the ax this season).

Ellis is currently a starter. Why would he be cut next season, over say, his much higher paid backup Maybin?

Again, the love for Nic Harris. What "promise" did this guy actually show?? I wish him the best too, but as an undersized LB who played as if he had limited football instincts (perhaps due to the position change) and was average-at-best in coverage, I doubt he'll "find a lot of success in Carolina." This guy is a black Coy Wire. Too slow to play safety, to small to play LB, can't cover from either.

Again, the love for Nic Harris. What "promise" did this guy actually show?? I wish him the best too, but as an undersized LB who played as if he had limited football instincts (perhaps due to the position change) and was average-at-best in coverage, I doubt he'll "find a lot of success in Carolina." This guy is a black Coy Wire. Too slow to play safety, to small to play LB, can't cover from either.

Yes, but every player the Bills cut will be great somewhere else and every player the Bills pick up is someone else's scrubs.

Can he jump out of a swimming pool?

Kelsay was projected by some scouts as a hybrid DE/OLB in his draft class.

Despite the **** he takes here, Ellison can be a decent role player for a team with a serious lack of talent. He's clearly not a world beater, but it's not like the Bills are loaded with world beaters at any LB position. He can contribute on special teams and should be allowed to compete for a depth spot on the roster. If nothing else, the competition will make the group of LBs the Bills end up keeping on their roster better.

Yes, but every player the Bills cut will be great somewhere else and every player the Bills pick up is someone else's scrubs.

And, everyone else's cuts would be pro-bowlers if only Bills' management were smarter than the team making the cut and all the other teams ignoring these potential superstars!

And, of course any player who comes to be disliked by this board not only should be cut but deserves to be injured in the future.