This is looking like 1985

I'm convinced more than ever that Trent Edwards is not the answer at QB. I can see him starting the season as the starter by default, but there's no way he's around by the end of the season. He'll either be traded, cut or end up on IR like Rob Johnson's last days here.

In 1985 we picked up Bruce Mathison off of waivers and he ended up the starter after Ferragamo lost the starter's job & got waived. I could see a similar scenario this year, with a guy who is not even on the roster ending up our starter by mid-season. A more likely scenario is Fitzpatrick ending up the starter, just like last year.

In 1985 the Bills also had a rookie QB who was given a "redshirt" year when you could stash players on IR to start the season. Even though he never was #1 on the depth chart, he had a pretty good career. One year later, in 1986, our franchise QB arrived. It looks like we'll be getting our Franchise QB next year too, and if Levi Brown can be the next Frank Reich, many of us will be satisfied with that 7th round pick.

I thought the first team offense looked o.k. during the first half of the first quarter. I haven't seen past that yet, but it looked like we were planning on being a run as much as possible team that finds creative ways to get the WR's the ball just enough so we can run some more. I've wondered since the draft what our coaches and GM were thinking in regards the O-line and QB, and it looks like we are going to have to just accept the team for what it is, as limited as it is offensively and defensively, until they can draft the guys they want in there at crucial positions. At least, that is the message I'm reading from the front office - that they're planning on drafting the answer to their problems at QB, LT - and whatever else needs be replaced; and, by all accounts so far, if they deem the draft to have better value at, say, CB, even though we already have a good secondary, then we just have to accept their plan - and I know that sounded like a barb, but I just am looking at the Redskins who got the coach we were after, then the QB we were after, and then they handed it to us - I know you can build a good team through the draft, but it takes two or three years, depending on where you started, and we started with some real holes in our roster... So, what's hard to accept is the years waiting. But, we'll be good eventually. Just hope we're still the Buffalo Bills by then.

I'm convinced more than ever that Trent Edwards is not the answer at QB. I can see him starting the season as the starter by default, but there's no way he's around by the end of the season. He'll either be traded, cut or end up on IR like Rob Johnson's last days here.

In 1985 we picked up Bruce Mathison off of waivers and he ended up the starter after Ferragamo lost the starter's job & got waived. I could see a similar scenario this year, with a guy who is not even on the roster ending up our starter by mid-season. A more likely scenario is Fitzpatrick ending up the starter, just like last year.

In 1985 the Bills also had a rookie QB who was given a "redshirt" year when you could stash players on IR to start the season. Even though he never was #1 on the depth chart, he had a pretty good career. One year later, in 1986, our franchise QB arrived. It looks like we'll be getting our Franchise QB next year too, and if Levi Brown can be the next Frank Reich, many of us will be satisfied with that 7th round pick.

say it with me: ONE...AND...FIFTEEN

say it with me: ONE...AND...FIFTEEN

It's a possibility but I think Chan will try to employ Jauron ball to avoid such a finish. The question will be whether George Edwards can pull off the play-not-to-lose defense that Fewell employed without their top defensive playmaker(Schobel) and if somebody can step up to fill the role TO played last year, which was finishing off opponents like Tampa/KC/Indy.

Buffalo needs to completely bottom out in 2010. They've avoided it since 2001, and amid so many changes since the TD years, nothing has worked. Cheap HC and GM hires, poor drafting, bad FA acquisitions, band aids all over, they simply need to go 1-15, 2-14, or 3-13 and get a high pick. Otherwise, the team can say things aren't bad like they have these past few seasons.

Trent Edwards is no Vince Ferragamo!

Ferragamo threw 30 TD's in a season,TE hasn't thrown that many in his entire career! He was an All-Pro, and had 2 road playoff wins before losing to the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Ferragamo

In 1985 Ferragamo was washed up. Trent can't be much worse than 1985 Ferragamo. Ferragamo was so bad the Bills cut him during the season.

Buffalo needs to completely bottom out in 2010. They've avoided it since 2001, and amid so many changes since the TD years, nothing has worked. Cheap HC and GM hires, poor drafting, bad FA acquisitions, band aids all over, they simply need to go 1-15, 2-14, or 3-13 and get a high pick. Otherwise, the team can say things aren't bad like they have these past few seasons.

They have had plenty of high picks. The only thing a high pick guarantees you is a massive signing bonus. There are at least three QB's (four if Luck comes out) that will be available next year. I am sure there will be 3-5 OT's as there are every year.

Relax.

Win some games.

Try to stay healthy.

Hope one or more of the young OT's blossoms.

Bruce Mathison replaced Ferragamo after a few games in 1985. Who replaces Trent? Fitzpatrick? Sounds about the same. Only problem is Frank Reich is not the 3rd QB and Jim Kelly is not in the USFL waiting for it to fold.