Tyler Thigpen Will Be On The Bills!

"Mr. Gambini, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought out objection."

:D:wallbash: Fred Gwynn delivered a top 10 performance in a top 10 movie of all I've ever watched, in my humble opinion!

"Yutes?...Did you say yutes?..What's a yute?" "Sorry, as I was saying, the two youththththths, your honor!"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thigpen is just another Trent, Brohm, and Fitz. Our best (and increasingly realistic) hope is to finish dead last this year and draft Jake Locker #1 overall. At least Locker can take off running if/when the line can't block anyone.

Miami is looking to trade him. Look at his career stats, age, and what he did in Gaileys offense. Look at our QB's. Enough said. I wouldn't be suprised if he was are opening day starter, he already knows the offense. Just a matter of time, you wait and see.

Suppose you were building a new house. While you're in the process of building it, you're living in a cardboard box that's on-site. But that box gets cold at night, and it leaks when it rains. After a while you get tired of the cardboard box, and slap together a temporary dwelling made of some 2x4s and plywood. Now you're better off in the short-term, because the plywood thing you built is warmer and it doesn't leak. But that small plywood whatever does not represent progress toward building your house. On the contrary: the building materials and labor expended in its construction represented a setback in the construction of that house.

In the first preseason game, Trent Edwards played like a leaky cardboard box. Quite possibly, Tyler Thigpen could play like a temporary shelter slapped together from 2x4s and plywood. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that neither player is the long-term answer at QB.

Suppose the Bills acquire Thigpen, and suppose he plays well enough to lead the Bills to a few more wins than they otherwise would have achieved. Those wins would hurt us in the draft, and weaken our ability to draft whichever QB Nix thinks is most likely to fill the void created by Kelly's retirement. Getting that QB represents real progress towards building the house. In the meantime, we should simply grin and bear the leaky cardboard box.

Thigpen is just another Trent, Brohm, and Fitz. Our best (and increasingly realistic) hope is to finish dead last this year and draft Jake Locker #1 overall. At least Locker can take off running if/when the line can't block anyone.

I agree that Thigpen falls in line with the type of QB we already have. I believe that Chan made Thigpen look good, not the other way around, and I'm hoping that he can do that with the talent we have on our roster right now.

Do you really think that being the league loser is the best hope for the Bills? I'm genuinely curious whenever I hear this line of logic. The Bills are a small market team with a history of drafting poorly, at least in the first round. Could we really take the hit of busting on the #1 overall pick? I'm not of the opinion that Jake Locker is worthy of being a #1 (maybe a top 10) pick, but even if that where he's projected at the end of next year, do you think that taking the risk of him pulling a JaMarcus Russell is something we should look forward to?

It takes a lot to turn around a franchise, but I don't know if "bottoming out" is necessarily the key to success. Looking at the drafts of the past few years (just a quick unscientific glance), there have been some picks within the top 3 that immediately brought their team success (Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan stand out) and others that haven't (paging David Carr). It's a fairly obvious point, but I would rather see the team draft smart in the later part of the 1st round than take a huge gamble.

As for the hype surrounding Locker, here's a short, cautionary tale in two words: Jevon Snead.

Thigpen was a rookie when he was with Gailey in KC, don't be surprised if Gailey coaches up LEVI BROWN and has him playing a similiar style offense here by the end of the season, as STEVE TASKER said friday night Brown is not going anywhere because he won't get through waivers, they are going to play him at some point this season. And the sooner the better because the clowns now in front of him can't play.

I agree that Thigpen falls in line with the type of QB we already have. I believe that Chan made Thigpen look good, not the other way around, and I'm hoping that he can do that with the talent we have on our roster right now.

Do you really think that being the league loser is the best hope for the Bills? I'm genuinely curious whenever I hear this line of logic. The Bills are a small market team with a history of drafting poorly, at least in the first round. Could we really take the hit of busting on the #1 overall pick? I'm not of the opinion that Jake Locker is worthy of being a #1 (maybe a top 10) pick, but even if that where he's projected at the end of next year, do you think that taking the risk of him pulling a JaMarcus Russell is something we should look forward to?

It takes a lot to turn around a franchise, but I don't know if "bottoming out" is necessarily the key to success. Looking at the drafts of the past few years (just a quick unscientific glance), there have been some picks within the top 3 that immediately brought their team success (Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan stand out) and others that haven't (paging David Carr). It's a fairly obvious point, but I would rather see the team draft smart in the later part of the 1st round than take a huge gamble.

As for the hype surrounding Locker, here's a short, cautionary tale in two words: Jevon Snead.

I don't advocate "bottoming out" or throwing the season or anything... but I really think this team is that bad. Been following the Bills since the mid-70s and never have I been less excited for a season to start. If the team ends up low in the standings as expected, the QB class in the upcoming draft should be much stronger (Locker, Luck, Mallett, etc.) than last year's class. I just don't think they can afford not to draft a QB because he might not work out... that kind of thinking is what got them into this position in the first place. The last time we drafted a QB high in the first round it was Jim Kelly. We haven't had a good QB since he retired. Time to take a shot at another first round QB.

Thigpen < Campbell

There's no upside to bringing in Thigpen. It would just give us a few months to have the same conversations that have been going on for 6 months now. Just go back and erase Edwards, Fitz, etc and replace with Thigpen. Anyone really want to do that?

I completely agree with :wallbash: !!

He would be a stop gap QB, but ALL the guys we have are stop gap QB's. He would be an improvement, and make this season go down a bit easier. I'm not watching many more of these awful offensive performances. I wish they would draft only offensive players, and sign only Offensive Free Agents until they can average 20 points a game. They are incredibly boring to watch.

Trade him for Marshawn imho... we're stocked with rb talent as is...

I am sure glad you are not the GM of the Bills. We might be loaded at running back, but that doesn't mean that you give one away.

I am sorry if you are 9 years old and I am lipping you off, but that is just plain DUMB!!!

I am sure glad you are not the GM of the Bills. We might be loaded at running back, but that doesn't mean that you give one away.

I am sorry if you are 9 years old and I am lipping you off, but that is just plain DUMB!!!

And I'm sorry you fail to disagree without feeling the irresistible urge to be offensive.

Do you have a source that says Miami is ready to trade Thigpen ... to a division rival no less? If so, please list it.

Miami is looking to trade him. Look at his career stats, age, and what he did in Gaileys offense. Look at our QB's. Enough said. I wouldn't be suprised if he was are opening day starter, he already knows the offense. Just a matter of time, you wait and see.