Okay, let me have it.

I know I was leading the TBD optimist's club lately. Everyone is invited to say "I told you so." Not throwing in the towel and we still have time to right things, but that was not the performance I was expecting to see, outside of the first offensive and defensive series. I'm as disappointed as anyone.

FYI I was at a show so I could only see a little TV from afar with no sound. So I have not seen the game in detail yet. I know the results though.

PTR

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I know I was leading the TBD optimist's club lately. Everyone is invited to say "I told you so." Not throwing in the towel and we still have time to right things, but that was not the performance I was expecting to see, outside of the first offensive and defensive series. I'm as disappointed as anyone.

FYI I was at a show so I could only see a little TV from afar with no sound. So I have not seen the game in detail yet. I know the results though.

PTR

You know though PTR, it was one of them games had a couple of plays went just a little differently, take a penalty or two away, I don't know, maybe things could have went differently,

Myself personally, I'm still optimistic and think 9-7 or better is still going to happen,

This is a wake up call and we still have a long way to go, but better now then in the Miami game,

PTR

Yeah..... my "warm & fuzzy" feeling is pretty much gone now......... which usually happens around this time each year.

PTR

It was tough to watch, especially after the first series by both the defense and offense were a glimmer of hope. Even though two of the Redskins TD's should not have counted, there was some bad performances on the Bills side of the ball. There were some players who did make plays and looked good at it.

I'm not going to say "I told you so", even though this game left a bad taste in the mouth, it is still just the first game of the preseason. Let's see what happens in the next couple of games.

There were plenty of mistakes, but we got shafted in Washington's PR for the TD. Our gunner had him dead to rights and was clearly hit from behind, above the waist. Washington's first TD was also questionable, but the ball would have been spotted at the goal line.

I wasn't too happy with the Bills' 4th & inches non-play, but that doesn't mean we'd do the same thing when it is regular season.

Three more weeks of kissing your sister.

Okay, let me have it.

There were plenty of mistakes, but we got shafted in Washington's PR for the TD. Our gunner had him dead to rights and was clearly hit from behind, above the waist. Washington's first TD was also questionable, but the ball would have been spotted at the goal line.

I wasn't too happy with the Bills' 4th & inches non-play., but that doesn't mean we'd do the same thing when it is regular season.

Three more weeks of kissing your sister.

Okay, let me have it.

You are right on. Those 2 TD's should not have counted. The WR fumbled the ball and only recovered it after he was tackled, and he never crossed the goal line, and they called it a TD.

Cary Harris was clearly and blatantly blocked in the back and there was no flag thrown.

The 4th & inches non-play was very strange. Had it been a regular season game they would've punted, but going for it could have given the offense some desperately needed motivation.

Guest dog14787
You are right on. Those 2 TD's should not have counted. The WR fumbled the ball and only recovered it after he was tackled, and he never crossed the goal line, and they called it a TD.

Cary Harris was clearly and blatantly blocked in the back and there was no flag thrown.

The 4th & inches non-play was very strange. Had it been a regular season game they would've punted, but going for it could have given the offense some desperately needed motivation.

Footballs a game of momentum, I agree, that extra motivation could have possibly turned the whole game around and its preseason so why not, I thought it was strange also...

Footballs a game of momentum, I agree, that extra motivation could have possibly turned the whole game around and its preseason so why not, I thought it was strange also...

What exactly was Gailey thinking?

The Bills were down 21-3, they had just gotten a first down and a little momentum and are facing a 4th & inches in their own territory.

So Gailey sent them out there to try and get the Skins to jump offsides? They were up by 18 points. They are'nt worried about losing their lead.

IMO Gailey did nothing to boost the offense's confidence.

You know though PTR, it was one of them games had a couple of plays went just a little differently, take a penalty or two away, I don't know, things could have went differently,

Myself personally, I'm still optimistic and think 9-7 or better is still going to happen,

This is a wake up call and we still have a long way to go, but better now then in the Miami game,

I'm with Dog on this, there is no point in letting someone have it, after only 1 preseason game. Thats what these games are for, making mistakes. Marv didn't seem to read too much into preseason games.

PTR

As one of the most negative, sarcastic and realistic posters out here, even I will admit that preseason football games are meaningless, and blowout wins and blowout losses mean nothing. Did any of you watch the HOF game last week? Do you think Marvin Lewis is worried that his offense will be as horrible as his starters looked? Of course not. They don't game plan during the summer, so all bets are off (literally) and each coach gleans his own value based mostly on individual player performances on tape, so he can cut 30 guys off his team in 4 weeks or less.

I think it will be fun to watch how Gailey reacts to this loss. It seems that Mike Shannahan runs at least as tough a training camp as Chan does, if not even tougher, based on how the Redskins were able to push the Bills around last night. It should be a good eye opener for Chan - and I'm looking forward to seeing how his young Bills respond against a much better football team in Toronto next week against Indy.

You know though PTR, it was one of them games had a couple of plays went just a little differently, take a penalty or two away, I don't know, maybe things could have went differently,

Sounds a lot like a quote from the Book of Jauron. :censored:

PTR

I was about to give you props for manning up... until you admitted that you were at a show. :censored:

PTR

I'll join you PTR in the admission of over zealousness. :censored:

The Bills almost had one good series. I was hoping they'd play well and I wouldn't have minded if they played less than average but they played like a college team going against NFLers.

How they respond this week in Toronto will tell us a lot. JMO