Let the Levi Brown experiment begin now!

Tipster19

I have zero expectations for this season. I'd rather see Levi get reps to determine if he could be our QB of the future rather than to waste anymore time with this Edwards. I can't remember ever seeing a bigger sissy than this guy and I can't wait until we rid ourselves of this jerk.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, Brown didn't play all that much tonight but the little he did play he showed a good presence out there and at least TRIED to stick the ball in there on his INT. He was actually very close to threading the needle on that pass and it felt good to finally see one of our QBs try and get the ball up the field. Did anyone else notice when Edwards threw that INT he kind of just stood there when the guy ran out of bounds just before him? Talk about no effort or fire!

As far as Fitzpatrick goes, the guy is a perennial back-up. I do admire his efforts and at least the guy has some guts but I just don't see the talent that a franchise type QB posesses. Admittedly I know very little, if anything at all, about Brohm but if we got to go with an "experiment" QB, I like the little I've seen from Brown and his college stats sure are impressive.

Sad to say, I don't think that we are risking or losing too much this season on turning the page on Edwards and seeing what an unknown can bring to the table. Enough is enough, let's get some auditions going here, Edwards is a wimp and we shouldn't waste anymore time with him.

This don't count for much, but Brown did "have the look" of a pro-QB back there....good size and a better throwing motion than either Trent or Fitzy. I definitely want to see more...

I agree...he has a great release. Can we read anything into the fact that Brohm didn't play last night?

I have zero expectations for this season. I'd rather see Levi get reps to determine if he could be our QB of the future rather than to waste anymore time with this Edwards. I can't remember ever seeing a bigger sissy than this guy and I can't wait until we rid ourselves of this jerk.

It was one pre-season game, don't get your panties in a bunch. The staring offense had a good drive until the (questionable) holding penalty. Lynch and Jackson went down - that was the game plan according to Gailey. Several starters didn't even play.

If they play like that the 4th pre-season game then its time to worry.........

I'm more concerned about the number of injuries yet again........

I agree with Tipster, MattyT and FlutieFlakes. I know it was preseason, and it was garbage time, but to me Levi Brown looked the most impressive of the three QB's who played yesterday. It also seemed like he was the only one even willing to attempt a pass over 10 yards.

I want Trent to succeed because I am a true Bills fan, but yesterday he just looked like the same ol Trent. Even on the first series, yes he was 5 of 6, but it just didn't seem like he was even willing to try a throw over 10 yards, with the exception of the missed bomb. In his defense, I didn't think he had alot of time to throw though...

Fitz has heart and guts, but I think that's about it.

I've been saying it for three years now, Trent is not the answer at QB. I don't get why he keeps getting chance after chance. I am glad to see some of you guys are finally coming around to the notion that Edwards is barely good enough to hold a clip board.

Unfortunately the QB position is only part of the problem for the Bills. It is going to be a long, painful seson :censored:

This don't count for much, but Brown did "have the look" of a pro-QB back there....good size and a better throwing motion than either Trent or Fitzy. I definitely want to see more...

Me as well. Look, Trent was the same guy last night. If he pukes up again on Thursday, stop the excuses and let's move on. We're rebuilding and why not with someone with some upside.

Granted, Brown didn't play all that much tonight but the little he did play he showed a good presence out there and at least TRIED to stick the ball in there on his INT. He was actually very close to threading the needle on that pass and it felt good to finally see one of our QBs try and get the ball up the field. Did anyone else notice when Edwards threw that INT he kind of just stood there when the guy ran out of bounds just before him? Talk about no effort or fire!

As far as Fitzpatrick goes, the guy is a perennial back-up. I do admire his efforts and at least the guy has some guts but I just don't see the talent that a franchise type QB posesses. Admittedly I know very little, if anything at all, about Brohm but if we got to go with an "experiment" QB, I like the little I've seen from Brown and his college stats sure are impressive.

Sad to say, I don't think that we are risking or losing too much this season on turning the page on Edwards and seeing what an unknown can bring to the table. Enough is enough, let's get some auditions going here, Edwards is a wimp and we shouldn't waste anymore time with him.

Nice analysis tipster. I concur. Trent looks scared and very apprehensive. He didn't do as many checkdowns as he usually does, but he returned to the deer in the headlight look once again, when pressure was applied.

Fitz looks washed up, like he came in from a 3 day binge and just woke up. I though Levi looked pretty good for a rookie. He at least had poise, and guts enough to throw it. There was no "check down", he thought it out and let it fly.

I would rather lose the entire year, if we could let this kid develop as the starter. He has potential.

Me as well. Look, Trent was the same guy last night. If he pukes up again on Thursday, stop the excuses and let's move on. We're rebuilding and why not with someone with some upside.

i dont disagree but throwing a rookie to the wolves rarely works.... and even when it doesn it aint pretty (see manning)

People here seem to know nothing about Brohm. The reason he was never seen previously in the pros is because he was stuck behind the beloved aaron rodgers in Greeb Bay.

Brohm threw for 4024 yds, 29 TD's, 12 INT, with a 65% completion percentage for Louisville in a BCS conference in his senior season.

Brown threw 200 yds more and 6 TD's less in his senior season at Troy in a FBS conference.

Brohms in his 3rd year and has had 1 game of regular season experience. Give him a chance to be the starting QB for the Bills