Should we be concerned that Maybin is a bust?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not like he was a star player that had an all-pro career cut short by injury. It hurts from the standpoint of further hindering the rebuilding process at OBD. But yes, he's too lanky and weak to be an effective player in the NFL. He's probably the biggest bust of the decade for the Bills. At least Mike Williams played.

Well, it's not like he was a star player that had an all-pro career cut short by injury. It hurts from the standpoint of further hindering the rebuilding process at OBD. But yes, he's too lanky and weak to be an effective player in the NFL. He's probably the biggest bust of the decade for the Bills. At least Mike Williams played.

I sure hope you're wrong, but if he can't beat out Torbor.......

He's only 22. I haven't givin up..... yet. He'll still see the field, buffalorumblings.com speculated he would rotate in and out on a rather frequent basis. He'll be eased into it and there will be patience so long as he shows at least some improvement. He's got talent and ability, he just needs good coaching of the fundamentals and an understanding of schemes and plays.

It is looking like Torbor will start ahead of Maybin. Considering where Maybin was drafted, shouldn't he be good enough to start on this team? Should we be concerned that he might be a bust? I do know it's early but at what point does Maybin own this label?

Just curious as to where you got the info that Torbor is outperforming Maybin in training camp...

It is looking like Torbor will start ahead of Maybin. Considering where Maybin was drafted, shouldn't he be good enough to start on this team? Should we be concerned that he might be a bust? I do know it's early but at what point does Maybin own this label?

It's way too early to be calling maybin a bust in my opinion. The kid is young. There's no doubt the Bills shouldn't have picked him when they did, or even at all. In fact, thats the only thing I think I can recall that this board doesn't disagree on. But I say give him one more full year of playing and learning and we should have a good idea by then.

He's only 22. I haven't givin up..... yet. He'll still see the field, buffalorumblings.com speculated he would rotate in and out on a rather frequent basis. He'll be eased into it and there will be patience so long as he shows at least some improvement. He's got talent and ability, he just needs good coaching of the fundamentals and an understanding of schemes and plays.

What talent and ability? He can't shed a block, gets blown off the line of scrimmage, and is built like a WR. If not for his draft status, he wouldn't even be on the team.

Bad: Early signs on Maybin are not encouraging.

Good: Maybin is way too young to call a bust.

Bad: He may end up being a one-trick pony.

Good: Derrick Thomas was a one-trick pony (no counter move, pure speed rusher who bent the edge so well, his lack of a counter move didn't matter).

Bad: Maybin may only be a situational pass rusher.

Good: He could still easily attain double digit sacks which would be a significant contribution to any team.

Summary: Maybin's "starting blocks explosion" and long body will give opponents fits…especially during home games when crowd noise is a factor.

Why does everyone think he is 230lbs? Shawn Nelson is 240lbs and looks smaller than Maybin. Trent Edwards is 231lbs.

Why do people think its impossible for Maybin to be 245lbs?

not impossible, just unlikely. he always looks small on the field. he's officially listed at 250 which i highly doubt.