Should we be concerned that Maybin is a bust?

Roger Huerta = 5'9", 155 lbs.

Former Falcons LB Rashad Bobino = 5'11", 238 lbs.

Result?

In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman. Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did? You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' B word that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking B word ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

link

What does size have to do with anything?

youre using a UFC fighter in a street fight as an example? yea aaron maybin could beat a guy whos never played football who is twice his size so what.

Size matters in the NFL.

Well weight has to do with ability. He can be a weight room freak and be incredibly quick but playhing at 230-245lbs as an OLB in a 3-4 defense is pretty hard to do.

Look at the sack leaders in the NFL and tell me how many play at that weight....... the point is that he ability is affected by being so light. OTs can swat him away easier....and they have.

Elvis Dumervil - 248 lbs

Andre Carter - 255 lbs

Tully Banta Cain - 250 lbs

James Harrison - 242 lbs

Robert Mathis - 245 lbs

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

Those are just the ones that had 10 or more last year.

I am certainly no Maybin fan at this point, but it is a tad to early to call him a bust.

Let's give him this and another season.

IF after the 2011 season (if there is one) he is still a bench warmer, then yes, I would say he was a joke.

Actually, Torbor (as with two other current Bills, Mitchell, Mathews) was a starter for the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.

He was an excellent pass rusher in college who always played on NFL teams with established pass rushers in New York and Miami.

As a result, he was never given the opportunity to rush the passer as a pro.

I think there's a good chance that Torbor will be a pleasant surprise for us and I think his acquisition along with Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis are excellent moves to bring in high-quality veterans with extensive 3-4 experience.

I think that characterizing Torbor as a "middling career backup" might not be giving him enough credit for a good career.

good points..maybe buddy knows what he's doing

After watching him get manhandled in his preseason "opportunity" it's clear that his days as a Bill are numbered. I wouldn't be shocked if he's cut following the Colts game.

Unless he starts practicing as a holder for placekicking, he's as good as gone.

Aaron we hardly knew ye. Good riddance.

More wasted 1st round money that could have been used for a skilled and proven free agent or two.

Pack your bags Maybin - you're goin' home.